1,512 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, Abies said:

Yea.. Texas is a service centre that processes I-130 for relatives of U.S. citizens 

Hey AbieS,

No news since you sent the RFE YET? 

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, No-Where-Man said:

Hey AbieS,

No news since you sent the RFE YET? 

Nothing yet but my husband had an appt with their local office in California via infopass on Dec 22nd 2016&was told we will hear from them within 30days.

On 11/27/2017 at 8:00 PM, Khallaf said:

I haven't seen anything, and you and I both have PD first part of May, it appears as if they might be into the middle to end of Feb now, which is good and bad, they are still moving slow but getting closer to us. I would venture to say that by looking at some of the Feb filers, that they haven't been on to update their status, so there is a good chance they have approvals and they just haven't updated the VJ timeline. we both need to hang in there. I don't know about you but it is frustrating to see all these other service centers with approvals past our date, but our time will come.

the wait is indeed frustrating but we are keeping our hopes up every day :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 hours ago, AdamAndRV said:

the wait is indeed frustrating but we are keeping our hopes up every day :) 

They have started to touch cases in May, some got RFE letters already, so maybe with fingers crossed the NSC will get their head out of the butt, and get moving.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi, Does anyone from Nebraska center know if they started looking at applications on May 2017? I have been waiting for 8 months and I have not hear from them yet. It's frustrated because on their processing tome still shows as October 31. Does it mean they might be looking at applications from May now? Please some give me some hope :( 

Case approved!!

PD: 06/01/17

NOA2: 01/02/18 (215 days)

Center: Texas

No case status update online. Found out about it via letter in mail.

US Citizen

Approval notice states:

"The above petition has been approved.  As the petitioner requests, we have sent the petition to the US Dep.... NVC, 32 Rochester Ave, Portsmouth, NH.... The NVCprocesses approved immigrant visa petitions that need consular action.  It also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete the visa processing.  The NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consulate.

The NVC will contact the beneficiary of this petition with further information about immigrant visa processing steps.

You should allow a minimum of 30 days for the US Department of State processing before contacting the NVC...."

Question: Does this mean the petition is now sent to NVC? Or is this standard reply? I am afraid Texas takes a long time to send petition to NVC. Does anyone know ways to expedite this process?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
15 hours ago, rajtpd said:

Case approved!!

PD: 06/01/17

NOA2: 01/02/18 (215 days)

Center: Texas

No case status update online. Found out about it via letter in mail.

US Citizen

Approval notice states:

"The above petition has been approved.  As the petitioner requests, we have sent the petition to the US Dep.... NVC, 32 Rochester Ave, Portsmouth, NH.... The NVCprocesses approved immigrant visa petitions that need consular action.  It also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete the visa processing.  The NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consulate.

The NVC will contact the beneficiary of this petition with further information about immigrant visa processing steps.

You should allow a minimum of 30 days for the US Department of State processing before contacting the NVC...."

Question: Does this mean the petition is now sent to NVC? Or is this standard reply? I am afraid Texas takes a long time to send petition to NVC. Does anyone know ways to expedite this process?

No it means it was approved. You should receive an update online that specifically states the case was sent to the DOS NVC....vary from one center to another...mine took two weeks after approval, others 1 week, others a whole month. 

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I was approved on December 16, 2017

PD: May 8, 2017

Texas 

US Citizen

I only received my approval in the mail on December 27 but there was no update online even today.

I was told to wait 30 days for the next step in the approval letter..

But how long does it really usually take for NVC to receive the case and then to assign a case number? 
What is the next step then?

Can someone please guide me? And is there another thread or something on Visa Journey for NVC filers that I can join?

Edited by Harmeet Kaur

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 hour ago, Harmeet Kaur said:

Hi,

Texas 

US Citizen

I only received my approval in the mail on December 27 but there was no update online even today.

But how long does it really usually take for NVC to receive the case and then to assign a case number? 

Can someone please guide me? And is there another thread or something on Visa Journey for NVC filers that I can join?

You need to call them to get the NVC case number choice your agent then pay frees send your documents after they received the. You can start counting out to 8-12 weeks for case completed.

lastone is to wait for an interview date.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

dont sit there and wait 30 days itbonly take up to 3-4weeks to case number.

some people get their case number within 2 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Harmeet Kaur said:

Hi,

Texas 

US Citizen

It takes about 6 weeks for nvc to receive cases sent from Texas center.. I was approved on Dec 1st and till now my case is not on nvc system.. We've been calling every other day but the nvc people said we have to wait till its 6 weeks.  

Timeline

im with nebrask and they received my case april 12 and I still havent had an update. i think im a few weeks away so if that gives u all an idea.

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Timeline
On 12/13/2017 at 9:08 PM, Khallaf said:

Your welcome we are all here to support each other

i really like how helpful you are and how you're keeping the spirits up here. keep it up :) 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.