1,512 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Texaa sent my an rfe on 12/22/2017. And I didn't get it yet. I have to wait until Monday to call them to letting them know to please send me another letter

One wasted month. 😡😡😡.

I called the other day just for them to tell me to wait the month 

Timeline

would government shutdown cause issue with uscis or nvc

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

3 hours ago, H&H. said:

would government shutdown cause issue with uscis or nvc

Some online articles suggests not, as someone posted in April month forums. But one of the issue in the debate is immigration itself. Lat gov't shutdown in 2013 lasted 16 days. If it lasts near two weeks then yes, it might get affected. One of the article also stated that "though an extended shutdown could lead to a suspension of services other than emergency support for US citizens. If posts are forced to scale back, past experience suggests that visa applications may be affected first. During the 1995 and 1996 shutdowns, which together lasted 27 days, an estimated 20,000–30,000 visa applications went unprocessed every day."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 1/20/2018 at 8:33 PM, Amelsbaihi said:

hi ,

our case was approved on november 22 , and NVC still didn't receive our case is that normal ??

we have been approved fro texas service center and my husband is a us citizen

I don't know if it is normal or not, nut you aren't alone. We are also Dec1, and the 6 weeks time period has already passed, and NVC hasnt received ours too.

On 1/20/2018 at 9:53 AM, Prixxi82 said:

Texaa sent my an rfe on 12/22/2017. And I didn't get it yet. I have to wait until Monday to call them to letting them know to please send me another letter

One wasted month. 😡😡😡.

I called the other day just for them to tell me to wait the month 

Is there a time limit to send the rfe? I got an rfe as well and still waiting for the mail. 

Hi friends.

may filer here. I have a few questions. And thank you for those who can help.

my dad has been approved! Yayy! but i got an RFE for my husband. I was wondering i dont have a job right now however, my in laws who are in California (im here in oregon) offer to be my co sponsor. Is it ok for them to be my co sponsor for my dad and husband? And even they are from a different state?

2 minutes ago, AlexKissley said:

Is there a time limit to send the rfe? I got an rfe as well and still waiting for the mail. 

Yes. They will give you 60days to response to their RFE. Then the clock would be ticking again for their response back to you  soon as they received what they asked for.

2 minutes ago, AlexKissley said:

Hi friends.

may filer here. I have a few questions. And thank you for those who can help.

my dad has been approved! Yayy! but i got an RFE for my husband. I was wondering i dont have a job right now however, my in laws who are in California (im here in oregon) offer to be my co sponsor. Is it ok for them to be my co sponsor for my dad and husband? And even they are from a different state?

With that I don't have any information coz we haven't gone through that process yet.  We're still waiting for the adjudication of our case. But when I've got some information to share I won't hesitate to do so. More power and patience to us. 

1 hour ago, Kevin122216 said:

With that I don't have any information coz we haven't gone through that process yet.  We're still waiting for the adjudication of our case. But when I've got some information to share I won't hesitate to do so. More power and patience to us. 

I appreciate the response. Thank you! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kevin122216 said:

Yes. They will give you 60days to response to their RFE. Then the clock would be ticking again for their response back to you  soon as they received what they asked for.

It's 87days while 60days for approval after your response have been received 

8 minutes ago, Abies said:

It's 87days while 60days for approval after your response have been received 

Yeah that's too sad and frustrating. It's should only be 60to 90days for them to give you their adjudication. Us is 38th days now. 

Just now, Kevin122216 said:

Yeah that's too sad and frustrating. It's should only be 60to 90days for them to give you their adjudication. Us is 38th days now. 

Oh once you reach the 90days you better call them again and tell them it's been 90days that you're waiting for their decision and been 90days since they received your response. That's what we'll going to do actually. We're waiting on our 60th day and call them again. 

6 minutes ago, Kevin122216 said:

Oh once you reach the 90days you better call them again and tell them it's been 90days that you're waiting for their decision and been 90days since they received your response. That's what we'll going to do actually. We're waiting on our 60th day and call them again. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.