Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'may 2017'.
Found 4 results
Arih3 posted a topic in IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress ReportsHi I hadn't seen this topic yet so I thought I'd start it myself. My husband and I were married on march 10th and filed the I130 on May 1st. Still waiting on NOA1! I found this type of thread very helpful and supportive when we applied for a K1 visa last year but it was denied and we have started the process again. Let's help each other through the wait time
We received notice from the NVC (March 9th) that the embassy approved our expedite request, for our application which was originally sent May 2017. We requested because our daughter is aging out in weeks, and from what we understand, has to be "feet on soil" in the US no later than her 18th birthday to qualify for citizenship (I am a US citizen petitioning for her). My questions are: 1 - Am I correct in that she HAS to be feet on US soil by her 18th birthday to automatically qualify for US Citizenship, or is there some type of "exemption" or other that I don't know about yet? 2 - Any ideas as far as timeframes for the documents to be received by the embassy from the NVC? And embassy processing times - as I am quickly running out of time (see point 1) 3 - When and where do I get notice (now that this has been expedited, and I am only supposed to deal with the embassy as the NVC has told me) for fees to be paid - and how do I pay them? At the embassy at the time of interview, will the embassy send me an email (or something) to pay online or elsewhere before the interview, or what - as the NVC/embassy has expedited the case prior to me submitting any other docs (Aff of support, 260, etc)? They have just told me that the case is being forwarded to the embassy "immediately." 4 - Should I still submit required docs to the NVC, or will they be sent to the embassy, or do I bring all to the interview appointment - or...will the embassy direct me to do something totally different. 5 - I created a profile with Do I bring all documents with me to the embassy at the time of the interview, or do I somehow submit them before? 6 - Are there any fees for the medical exam and biometrics? When and where are those paid? 7 - Does the embassy in Dominican Republic set up the interview appointment, or do I do it somehow/somewhere? Thanks for your help clearing up this confusion.
Evening all, I need to vent a sec then get some sound advice and/or suggestions. I feel I am a very patient person and so is my fiancé. We both are Christians and I have faith that things will work in our favor. BUT, it's been over 190+ days since I filed our I-129F K1 petition. I wasn't worried now we both are getting concerned. I even tried using the tracking app but it just made me more concerned because most of the I129F for May 22, 2017 are completed and there are tons of I130 for the same date. I don't know if was reading it wrong but what I did was try to analyze by the last 4 numbers of our receipt and look for May 22 and May 24th dates. I did review all but was just trying to get and idea of where USCIS is at as far as the cases. I front loaded and sent the Affidavit of Support. I called the end if last month and spoke to a rep but they just read the same thing I saw online at that time they were still in April. The rep said next month which would've been November. I tried doing an inquiry a few days ago online and then on Dec 1st. They system did not process the inquiry and I got a message saying our application is within the current processing time. I'm traveling abroad this week so I'd like to have some good news to share with my fiancé. Is anyone else having a similar issue? I'm I missing something? Any idea?
OImMe posted a topic in K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress ReportsI spoke to a Representative at the USCIS this morning since no status update on my claim and they received my petition on 05/24/17. I was told they are working on cases from 04/01/17, which I also saw that online somewhere as well. The gentleman told me that my processing is about a month away and that they are still within the normal processing time. I believe I have been patient my fiancé as well but should I get concerned if by December 1 I don't here anything? The Rep just reiterated about a month. I need to put my vacation time in at work and I have ALOT but planned on going to the interview. Now I'm getting anxiety that I either can't go or will loose my time since you can't transfer over 40hrs and have over 100+. A friend said just put time in anytime and change later(easier said than done)but I don't know. Do you think by December we will here something? I did front load. Any suggestions?