smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

Yes it is Dec 28th for interview, i have plane booked already for Dec 11th will be there for my birthday christmas and new years not coming back until january mid month hopefully with her in hand.

Are December interviews pretty much out of reach for us early June filers in Manila? Wasn't sure how many openings were left.

MEETING

April 7th, 2017: Met Maricel in a Facebook group created by a friend of mine.

May 17th, 2017: Flying to Manila to see Maricel for the first time.

May 18th, 2017: Met Maricel at the airport in Manila.

May 24th, 2017: Proposed to Maricel and got engaged.

May 30th, 2017: Returned to the USA from the Philippines.

January 25th, 2018: Next trip to the Philippines! Chicago-Taipei-Manila

February 6th, 2018: Return back to the US

April 9th, 2018: Next trip to the Philippines, this time to spend time with Maricel's family and bring her back to the USA!

April 18th, 2018: Departing the Philippines for the USA! POE: Chicago, Illinois

June 16th, 2018: Wedding day!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

June 1st, 2017: Completed and mailed the I-129f package.

June 6th, 2017: Received NOA1. Petition routed to the California Service Center

September 14th, 2017: Maricel attended her morning CFO seminar in Manila.

December 31st, 2017: Received RFE from USCIS - Needed G325a from both of us.

January 5th, 2018: Mailed back RFE reply

January 8th, 2018: California Service Center received our RFE reply.

January 23rd, 2018: Received NOA2!

February 2nd, 2018: NVC received our petition, assigned MNL case number and forwarded our petition to the US Embassy in Manila.

February 3rd, 2018: Submitted the DS-160.

February 5th, 2018: Paid embassy fee at BPI

February 12th, 2018: Medical exam at St Luke's Extension Clinic in Ermita, Manila. -PASSED

February 26th, 2018: Embassy interview in Manila at 7:10am -PASSED

March 1st, 2018: Visa in hand!

March 5th: Going back to CFO to get her sticker. -PASSED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS PROCESS

July 13th, 2018: Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131 to USCIS Chicago lock box.

July 31st, 2018: AOS case accepted by USCIS, and routed to National Benefits Center for Processing.

August 14th, 2018: Received RFE for I-485, sent response.

August 24th, 2018: Biometrics appointment in St Louis, Missouri

August 30th, 2018: E-mail notice that her interview is ready to be scheduled!

March 11th, 2019: Interview day! - PASSED

March 14th, 2019: Green card has been mailed!

March 18th, 2019: Green card in hand! (Next step not until 1 year and 9 months from issue date. AKA Removal of Conditions)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS PROCESS

December 21,2020: Filed for Removal of Conditions I-751

January 30,2021: NOA - Nebraska Service Center - 18-month extension!

images.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:12 PM, Trinab80 said:

I know I'm late to today's party but I was one of the members that said I got nothing done and dealt with USCIS and etc. I'm hoping you weren't throwing any shade or insult my way, right @The Squirrel? You were just using this to prove a point right?

Because with you being my USCIS Approval Predictor with your magic crystal ball, I would hate to think you trying to be shady?

No no no no, never did never will. Nothing but much love for you, but always equal for all others, as we are all one. My point was different, better world. We all need to be at our best, so this world can be better. That is why we need to push the other way, from negative to positive, from sadness to joy, from hate to love, from descending to ascending, from tears to laughter (you know I try my hardest every day:)). 

Frustration can get a hold of people, but in no way can it be good. You can see some posts today, it can be really negative. My point is to prevent it, don't ever let it come into play, not just here, but in life in general. It breeds negativity that can be saddled up many ways, bot none will end up for the better. If people wouldn't let negativity enter their decision making and their actions, however wild or mild they may be, they will never have any need to apologize, feel sorry, regret, and so on ...

PS much love baby @Trinab80 ,(L) there is not one bad bone in my body, it was not about you (and sorry that my crystal ball didn't deliver, but it told the truth, I promise) 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:16 AM, Fariha&Safwan said:

Lol I’m #2. I Said I didn’t do squat at work but considering im a doctor that’s almost impossible. Patients won’t see themselves! So   ain’t no thang- shade away my friend. I appreciate the perspective! :rolleyes: And I appreciate you all for being such a great support!

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:18 AM, Fariha&Safwan said:

Oh and p.s never said anyone should be fired... just saying! 

Dear Doc, you were included yes, but the 2nd member calling for firing was in our June topic. So your first comment yes, and bottom no. However, thank you for understanding and support. It is in these trying times that we need to stay strong, levelheaded, and cool, at our least. Everything above that is a great bonus.

Honestly, this forum is such a powerful vehicle, it is unbelievable. I had no clue something like this ever existed until I got into the process. Than I see thousands of people visiting every day, more than many schools have students, so one would have to think - "what else can it do for the better?". To be just a "shoulder to cry", it's ok, but not 0.01% of it's potential. I even thought "English Classes" would be great and helpful (forum is vast and it may already have it, not sure). Maybe some traditions of the USA. Maybe little history, foods, tourist attractions, financial system, schooling system (as many will go to school here when they come), and how about healthcare system since I am quoting our doctor? We can help each other here to last a lifetime, not just to inquire about price of "DS-160", and how many days something takes.  

17 hours ago, Kpetraska said:

This is the kind of stuff I'd complained about before. Not you, of course. But the rudeness coming from others who's days haven't even been touched, let alone passed. This is a stressful process. Just wait till his day comes and he'll be eating his words.

I think that I explained enough addressing our two friends before, but I will add couple of things for you, as I love you equally...

My date is one month behind yours. When I signed up for this, I was told 3 months, by the end of September my baby will be here. We planed our birthdays here (born month apart), than Thanksgiving with a giant turkey, lovely little wedding the way we like it, than Christmas like no other before, than New Year on Times Square to cap it all off. Lovely isn't it?

Well, it is November 12th now, and I have nothing, nada, zilch, zero :(. My month has not been touched yet, and when it does get touched, I am some 1200 cases later. How does that feel? 

I promised all of these things, because it is here in my country, my fiancé for most part directed her life towards what I said, and I delivered NOTHING. Great guy, am I not? :( Do I get grief on daily bases, in truckloads or merchant ship loads? 

@Kpetraska please advise me what to say today, what excuse to make, how to make it peace. Whatever your answer is, say that to your self, for the same effect.

---------------------------------

I love you too @Kpetraska , equal to all, and your support of me I greatly appreciate. Although you use wrong words directed at me ("rudeness"), I feel the love from you, and I will take it. But this other part, "wait till his day comes and he'll be eating his word", is not nice at all. It can be interpreted in many ways, you wishing me to hurt, to suffer, to loose my temper, frustration to cloud my judgment, nervous breakdown, and what else not, but I know you didn't mean it. So, I will take it as a betting proposition, I will bet you that I will be myself today and then. To find out, even after your NOA2, I ask you to stay and hang out with June crowd and give them support. Point is don't get your paper and disappear forever, 4 out of 5 members do that here. Stay and encourage people after you, please. 

ps  a nice gesture would be to go to all topics after your month, and wish all passengers good luck, no "rudeness" in that, on the contrary .... 

2 hours ago, daleguthery said:

Are December interviews pretty much out of reach for us early June filers in Manila? Wasn't sure how many openings were left.

Go here https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Philippines and start the registration process and it will give you the next available open slot. I doubt that you can complete the entire process to see the full calendar but this will give you an idea. Next available date is 12/8/2017. You may want to poke your head in, if you haven't already done so, over at the subforum for the Philippines. There are many before you that can answer this question and maybe some new questions you may have.

image.png.de5fc23e71455df6ecd029f25f8fbf9b.png

image.png

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Greenbaum said:

Go here and start the registration process and it will give you the next available open slot. I doubt that you can complete the entire process to see the full calendar but this will give you an idea. Next available date is 12/8/2017. You may want to poke your head in, if you haven't already done so, over at the subforum for the Philippines. There are many before you that can answer this question and maybe some new questions you may have.

image.png.de5fc23e71455df6ecd029f25f8fbf9b.png

Thank you!

MEETING

April 7th, 2017: Met Maricel in a Facebook group created by a friend of mine.

May 17th, 2017: Flying to Manila to see Maricel for the first time.

May 18th, 2017: Met Maricel at the airport in Manila.

May 24th, 2017: Proposed to Maricel and got engaged.

May 30th, 2017: Returned to the USA from the Philippines.

January 25th, 2018: Next trip to the Philippines! Chicago-Taipei-Manila

February 6th, 2018: Return back to the US

April 9th, 2018: Next trip to the Philippines, this time to spend time with Maricel's family and bring her back to the USA!

April 18th, 2018: Departing the Philippines for the USA! POE: Chicago, Illinois

June 16th, 2018: Wedding day!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

June 1st, 2017: Completed and mailed the I-129f package.

June 6th, 2017: Received NOA1. Petition routed to the California Service Center

September 14th, 2017: Maricel attended her morning CFO seminar in Manila.

December 31st, 2017: Received RFE from USCIS - Needed G325a from both of us.

January 5th, 2018: Mailed back RFE reply

January 8th, 2018: California Service Center received our RFE reply.

January 23rd, 2018: Received NOA2!

February 2nd, 2018: NVC received our petition, assigned MNL case number and forwarded our petition to the US Embassy in Manila.

February 3rd, 2018: Submitted the DS-160.

February 5th, 2018: Paid embassy fee at BPI

February 12th, 2018: Medical exam at St Luke's Extension Clinic in Ermita, Manila. -PASSED

February 26th, 2018: Embassy interview in Manila at 7:10am -PASSED

March 1st, 2018: Visa in hand!

March 5th: Going back to CFO to get her sticker. -PASSED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS PROCESS

July 13th, 2018: Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131 to USCIS Chicago lock box.

July 31st, 2018: AOS case accepted by USCIS, and routed to National Benefits Center for Processing.

August 14th, 2018: Received RFE for I-485, sent response.

August 24th, 2018: Biometrics appointment in St Louis, Missouri

August 30th, 2018: E-mail notice that her interview is ready to be scheduled!

March 11th, 2019: Interview day! - PASSED

March 14th, 2019: Green card has been mailed!

March 18th, 2019: Green card in hand! (Next step not until 1 year and 9 months from issue date. AKA Removal of Conditions)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS PROCESS

December 21,2020: Filed for Removal of Conditions I-751

January 30,2021: NOA - Nebraska Service Center - 18-month extension!

images.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

I think that I explained enough addressing our two friends before, but I will add couple of things for you, as I love you equally...

My date is one month behind yours. When I signed up for this, I was told 3 months, by the end of September my baby will be here. We planed our birthdays here (born month apart), than Thanksgiving with a giant turkey, lovely little wedding the way we like it, than Christmas like no other before, than New Year on Times Square to cap it all off. Lovely isn't it?

Well, it is November 12th now, and I have nothing, nada, zilch, zero :(. My month has not been touched yet, and when it does get touched, I am some 1200 cases later. How does that feel? 

I promised all of these things, because it is here in my country, my fiancé for most part directed her life towards what I said, and I delivered NOTHING. Great guy, am I not? :( Do I get grief on daily bases, in truckloads or merchant ship loads? 

@Kpetraska please advise me what to say today, what excuse to make, how to make it peace. Whatever your answer is, say that to your self, for the same effect.

I love you too @Kpetraska , equal to all, and your support of me I greatly appreciate. Although you use wrong words directed at me ("rudeness"), I feel the love from you, and I will take it. But this other part, "wait till his day comes and he'll be eating his word", is not nice at all. It can be interpreted in many ways, you wishing me to hurt, to suffer, to loose my temper, frustration to cloud my judgment, nervous breakdown, and what else not, but I know you didn't mean it. So, I will take it as a betting proposition, I will bet you that I will be myself today and then. To find out, even after your NOA2, I ask you to stay and hang out with June crowd and give them support. Point is don't get your paper and disappear forever, 4 out of 5 members do that here. Stay and encourage people after you, please. 

ps  a nice gesture would be to go to all topics after your month, and wish all passengers good luck, no "rudeness" in that, on the contrary .... 

I for one love your positivity and optimism. I'm usually a realist, but I also expected the same thing and told my fiancée the same stuff about her being here by Christmas, so I know how it goes. Please keep being yourself!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
34 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

Just stop. I wish you luck, and I hope you're doing well. But you have been kind of rude to some people here. You may not get grief on a daily basis, but others might. Everyone handles this process differently. And that's why we're all here. To support each other. You are the only person I've seen on here telling people the way that they're handling it, is wrong. So please just stop. I'm not the only one whos commented on it. By eat your words, I meant understand how we feel. Nothing else. I wish no harm. Good luck on your process.

13 hours ago, JohnAna05823 said:

Question:

Does USCIS/consulate look at beneficiary's parents wedding date and certificate and stuff?

No. The whole process is solely based on the petitioner, the beneficiary and proving the relationship is real.

Information regarding the beneficiary's parent's wedding/marriage status is irrelevant to this process. 

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

11 hours ago, JohnAna05823 said:

Nobody has asked.  We're just worried her birth certificate date for their marriage may not match what's on their marriage certificate since none of her siblings does.   Just worried if they check and compare for any reason at all.

The beneficiary's birth certificate is just used as proof to confirm what their country of citizenship or country they're born in. 

It's the same as the USC providing their BC as proof of citizenship. 

Sibling information is irrelevant to this process. Remember, this is about you and your fiance...that's it and that's all.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Serj & Anastasia said:

Hello VJ family and friends! For those of you that appliedon May 16th or sooner, please check your mail, according to the case tracker and spinach we are still waiting to get approved, I couldn’t wait any longer so I came to visit my fiancé in Russia. However even tho we are “not approved” yet on the apps... yesterday my Caiden that stays at my house while I’m gon said that I received NOA2 on Saturday. So just you know, check you mail and emails.. and the funny thing is we got approved on 11/03/2017 on 11/07/17 as is was driving into the airport I called the number on NOA1 letter and they said that I’m still not approved and that we are in out time margin... in other words, it seems as tho the people on the phone don’t really know 💩!

Congratulations!:dancing:

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and

petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Houston TX
Date Filed : 2022-03-12
NOA Date : 2022-03-13
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date : 2023-01-06
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony : 2023-01-21

USPS INFORMED DELIVERYhttps://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

7 hours ago, Perfect two 💑 said:

I would like to seek an opinion. Please don't give hurtful comment. This process is tiring. Now it becomes unexpected from time to time. For example, Processing time - Now it becomes 6 months or might be more than 6 months (we will hit our 6 months on this Monday). My fiance and I keep revised our plan since we plan for him to come here during the interview. RFE - I can see many people received unreasonable RFE this month (things that they already provide but USCIS still asking for it and things that are not included in the list required, but suddenly they ask for it). It makes me worry, what else will happen. And the most thing that worries me is the interview. I'm worried about what will happen if they reject us. This process is not 100% depend on us. It depends on the interviewer too. We can do our best, we can make sure we have a solid case, lots of bona fide relationship evidence, answer all the question truthfully and confident. Still, the final decision is not up to us. The interviewer is also a human. Sometimes they might be affected by the emotion and other factors (I'm not saying that all the interviewer is like that. I know they are professional. It just that, they are still human."

Someone might say that, if you guys are really a real couple, you will overcome this obstacle and apply again. However, to be honest. I'm not that strong to go through this process again. I don't want to go through another 6 months without him. It is hard, even now it is so hard. Actually, I have been kicked out of a house by my parents. Now, I'm living alone. To be here without my family around me, did make me feel so lonely. Every time I pass by any places that I visit/hang out with my family, really make me remember them more. And yeah, it did make me cry. Of course, my fiance and I always have a call, message and video call. However, with the 13 hours time difference, it makes things harder. I'm a family oriented person. I spent most of my time with my family. We do lots of activity together. We go out quite frequent (dinner, movie, lunch, shopping and lots more). So now, when I need to be on my own. Doing everything on my own. It really hard. I have friends. But, of course, some of them already married, have a boyfriend and have their own family to spend time with. 

I'm trying to be positive. However, I can't stop thinking about it until I able to find a good back up plan if things are not going to be like what we plan. Some of you might ask me to just think positive. However, thinking positive without a backup plan, make me worry that it will be more hurtful and will break me into pieces when that happens. What will you do if your visa doesn't get approved?

The only piece of advice I can give is you have to stop thinking negative. Don't let this process take you away from what you and your fiance knows is real. You and your fiance are going through your journey to be able to be together for as long as God allows and that reason alone should take away the negative thinking that you will be rejected.

I tell people all the time that my relationship with my fiance is no different than others only that we have to go through the government in order for us to be together. But it's no different. I'm just as committed, faithful and will fight to the end to be with my king but I would do the same if he and I met at the mall here in the US.  

It's okay to say it's hard to go through 6 months of this and be weak. There's no shame in that. If you and (everyone else that hasn't read my very first post in VJ) really knew what we've been this time last year and now going through this, trust me, I would have given up a long time ago. But you know why I don't give up...it's because I know that I'm not going to find another man like him as he completes me in EVERY way and our love is worth fighting for.  And yes, I get weak (I act like I'm Wonder Woman 24/7, but I'm really not). But when I get weak, my fiance is there is carry me through. But in the end, I know that all of this will be over and we'll be together. 

I say this to you to say that this process will make your relationship unbreakable because if you can make it through this, you two can make it through other complex and troubling times. But remember that this is only the beginning as we still have to go through AOS, Removing Conditions and Naturalization (if that's the ending goal for your fiance). So this is just the start of emotional, waiting process we have to go through. All those places you want to visit with your fiance will be there to visit when he arrives. 

And to answer your question...IF the fiance visa doesn't get approved, we're going to get married in Jamaica and file the spousal visa. But I'm not worried that it won't get approved because we know our relationship is real and proving that fact is the easiest part of this process for us.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.