smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Naes said:

I so understand that.

This process made me want to do a job that will help people. 

I hope shoegum has some idea but what you can find around this forum - unless somebody who got it writes something-

Is also what we all guess.

like 3% of the scans are "document was sent" or "document was returned" instead of "case was received"... its crazy theres not one mention on this website historically from others talking about it... im losing it

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, NateAndJessica said:

like 3% of the scans are "document was sent" or "document was returned" instead of "case was received"... its crazy theres not one mention on this website historically from others talking about it... im losing it

The only case I've heard was someone got a letter about an inquiry. 

I hope it's not the lawyer messing up. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Marion said:

My visa was approved on Wednesday at the embassy of Paris :D and I wanted to share something with you guys. I know you’ve heard but I feel like it’s necessary to repeat this. 

I am a May 3rd filer and received my NOA2 October 6th (and I know people from May 3rd are still waiting...). This process takes forever. I was losing my mind, couldn’t sleep, wouldn’t eat. I was so sad and desperate but please don’t lose hope. It can go really fast after receiving your NOA2. In only one month I had my interview. Really focus on preparing what you will need during the interview as you wait for NOA2. That saved me a ton of time. Good luck with everything to everyone who is still in the race. Stay as positive as you can. 

Thanks and congrats to you!  Glad you're still around.

Did you have to gather a lot of financial stuff for evidence that you can support your beneficiary?  Did it take long to gather?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I got a RFE on 3 November but still haven't received the letter in the mail to know what it is. So frustrating! Has anyone had their RFE letter within this timeframe?

We also didn't get a text or email informing us, I only know from the website. Is this normal?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Guys, we got approved on October 20, it's about 21days today and NVC still hasn't recieved case as at Yesterday when I called...anyone from October 20 or or thereabout that has recieved NVC case number? And the time taken to get the NVC number is it dependent on the country where the case will be recieved,?? Anyone with an idea please....it's just getting too long winded, everything...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
24 minutes ago, KimAyo said:

Hello Guys, we got approved on October 20, it's about 21days today and NVC still hasn't recieved case as at Yesterday when I called...anyone from October 20 or or thereabout that has recieved NVC case number? And the time taken to get the NVC number is it dependent on the country where the case will be recieved,?? Anyone with an idea please....it's just getting too long winded, everything...

I agree, our NOA 2 was October 19th and the NVC just keep saying that they have not received our case yet. 
From looking at other peoples timelines on VJ, it looks like there are only 3 people that got there NOA 2 between October 16-20th that have been tolled there case has been received at the NVC, and all there cases were received within the last few days. I know it is annoying to wait. But we are not alone, and hopefully we will hear relay soon, as they are handling cases with our NOA 2 dates. 

It does not look like nationality matters when receiving the NVC number. But it looks like embassy country matters when it comes to how fast the embassy tells you they have received your application. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, alexmc030 said:

I got a RFE on 3 November but still haven't received the letter in the mail to know what it is. So frustrating! Has anyone had their RFE letter within this timeframe?

We also didn't get a text or email informing us, I only know from the website. Is this normal?

Yes, us!

We got an RFE on November 3rd too. And stills no letter in the mail!

I got a text and an email, Shoegum's scan confirmed it along with the internet site and couple of apps I've got.

But no mail yet!

I subscribed on Informed Delivery on USPS.com to know what mail is coming every day, obviously it doesn't change anything.

I asked on a live chat on USCIS what can I do to know what it is and they told me to get an appointment at my local USCIS office because Immigration Service Officers can look into what RFE contains and he has the right to tell you.

Unfortunately it's near to impossible to get an appointment, I'm checking multiple times per day, and even if they do, they'd give one 14 days later.

SO I went on live chat again, and they said that startin on November 18th we can submit an enquiry to get a copy.

But now you said you are in the same situation I don't know what to think...

As you can see, I'm frustrated too :( I'm so done with waiting for every little step!

***Waiting for interview***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Fiammetta said:

Yes, us!

We got an RFE on November 3rd too. And stills no letter in the mail!

I got a text and an email, Shoegum's scan confirmed it along with the internet site and couple of apps I've got.

But no mail yet!

I subscribed on Informed Delivery on USPS.com to know what mail is coming every day, obviously it doesn't change anything.

I asked on a live chat on USCIS what can I do to know what it is and they told me to get an appointment at my local USCIS office because Immigration Service Officers can look into what RFE contains and he has the right to tell you.

Unfortunately it's near to impossible to get an appointment, I'm checking multiple times per day, and even if they do, they'd give one 14 days later.

SO I went on live chat again, and they said that startin on November 18th we can submit an enquiry to get a copy.

But now you said you are in the same situation I don't know what to think...

As you can see, I'm frustrated too :( I'm so done with waiting for every little step!

Its so so frustrating. I got my NOA1 same date as you so we are in the same boat. Its veteran's day today so looks like we'll have to wait until Monday at the earliest. I have no idea what the RFE could even be for we filled in so much detail and provided everything :( 

2 hours ago, alexmc030 said:

I think it's better u call uscis. I have a RFE too but was November 6,I'm still waiting but mine look normal .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, JohnAna05823 said:

Thanks and congrats to you!  Glad you're still around.

Did you have to gather a lot of financial stuff for evidence that you can support your beneficiary?  Did it take long to gather?

I am the beneficiary. They didn’t ask for the I-134 at all. But my fiancé sent a letter from his employer, his bank statement and his co sponsor sent a letter from her employer and her bank statement. That’s it! :) it didn’t take long to gather at all but it depends on each case so don’t take too much time to start doing it! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey:)  I've been very silent just observing this forum. Our noa1 date is May 26th. 

So I (the beneficiary ) sent a service request when they had the mistake with September 1st on their website. It was asked who's sending the request and I selected applicant or petitioner since I assumed I am the applicant. Now I heard that beneficiaries aren't allowed to get informations on the process. Do you think we'll get in trouble ? 

I put my future husbands name and address and all that and now I'm scared they may think I tried to pretend I was him or so..

this process is killing me I'm full panic mode 24/7 over all kinds of things 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
27 minutes ago, ToTheMoonAndBack said:

Hey:)  I've been very silent just observing this forum. Our noa1 date is May 26th. 

So I (the beneficiary ) sent a service request when they had the mistake with September 1st on their website. It was asked who's sending the request and I selected applicant or petitioner since I assumed I am the applicant. Now I heard that beneficiaries aren't allowed to get informations on the process. Do you think we'll get in trouble ? 

I put my future husbands name and address and all that and now I'm scared they may think I tried to pretend I was him or so..

this process is killing me I'm full panic mode 24/7 over all kinds of things 

That's true the beneficiaries are not allowed to contact the USCIS...

but lets look that way... your fiancé is to busy (even tho it is a question of minutes to full the inquiry form online) and you send the service request  on his behalf...  that means that you put all ur fiancé details as the one asking and not you... so I don't think it will be a problem...

I have the same situation... my fiancé just don't want to deal with calling the USCIS, (he don't have the patience for that) so I have to beg him for that..because I can't call as Im the beneficiary .  but once We get our NOA2 I will be calling the NVC myself...

So you did the right thing...no worries... the only thing that can happen is that they just don't respond to it... 

Good lucky 🍀 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.