dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2017

1,582 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, heyusa said:

What was the checklist for?

I made a mistake on the I-864A. One mistake delays everything since the waiting time now is up to 11 weeks. 

USCIS

(I-130 MOM)

08-01-2016 - I-130 SENT

08-08-2016 - NOA1

09-23-2016 - NOA2

NVC 

10-28-2016- AT NVC

12-08-2016- SCAN DATE (NVC)

01-20-2017- SUPERVISOR REVIEW

02-23-2017- CHECKLIST

03-01-2017- 2ND SCAN DATE

05-08-2017- CASE COMPLETE

05-12-2017- Interview assigned

05-16-2017- P4 letter received

06-22-2017- INTERVIEW ( MANILA EMBASSY) (CANCELLED DUE TO MEDICAL REASON

06-22-2017- NEW INTERVIEW DATE (PASSED)

08-25-2017- PORT OF ENTRY (LAX)

USCIS

I-130 (FOR DAD)

02-01-2018 - I-130 SENT

02-09-2018 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Hope101 said:

Country is Philippines so Both are in English format.  I explained to them that What I sent them are the most recent photocopies of birth and police clearance of my mom.  Rep said she will have somebody double checking and reviewing them again and said expect another email sometime today or next week.  I express how frustrating it is to wait this long and ended up getting checklist, she was nice enough to say sorry and will do her best to help me get this problem ressolve.  (Sorry this is only for my mom, I did not receive any email from my dads petition, the rep said they are actually reviewing his right now)

I hope that they resolve the issue soon. Good luck!

Naturalization

N-400 Application Sent: 2024-05-10

N-400 NOA: 2024-05-10

Biometrics Notice: 2024-05-10

Biometrics scheduled: 2024-05-31

LPR through Family 

Service Center :    Texas Service Center
Consulate :    Guayaquil, Ecuador 
I-130 Sent :    2016-10-24
I-130 NOA1 :    2016-10-28
I-130 Approved :    2016-12-13
NVC Received :    2016-12-23
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :    2017-01-12
Pay AOS Bill :    2017-01-12
Send AOS Package :    2017-02-01
Submit DS-261 :    2017-01-12
Receive IV Bill :    2017-01-19
Pay IV Bill :    2017-01-19
Send IV Package :    2017-02-01
Case Completed at NVC :    2017-04-17

Package 4 Email received: 2017-05-03

Interview Date: 2017-06-05
Visa Received : 2017-06-17
US Entry : 2017-06-21

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mc and R.kid said:

I made a mistake on the I-864A. One mistake delays everything since the waiting time now is up to 11 weeks. 

Wow I used the i864a as well ..what mistake did you make 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Hope101 said:

Country is Philippines so Both are in English format.  I explained to them that What I sent them are the most recent photocopies of birth and police clearance of my mom.  Rep said she will have somebody double checking and reviewing them again and said expect another email sometime today or next week.  I express how frustrating it is to wait this long and ended up getting checklist, she was nice enough to say sorry and will do her best to help me get this problem ressolve.  (Sorry this is only for my mom, I did not receive any email from my dads petition, the rep said they are actually reviewing his right now)

hope it works out for you. :) 

1 hour ago, jagrutrx said:

I heard in this forum that revisiting form set up the clock again.

When I logged in now it still says completed.

Help if someone knows about it.

Usually How fast they process this DS-261,

I don't see any option to pay fees (AOS and IV) ??

Thanks

Call and have your choice of agent reviewed over the phone. The IV fee wouldn't be available to pay just yet, but the AOS fee should be.

1 hour ago, JBMG said:

Don't be annoyed.  You're lucky that you can do email processing. I've read that even with checklists, you can get a CC within 2-3 weeks. Whereas many of us snail mail filers have 11 weeks plus 11 weeks for any checklists.. 

ps. The instructions clearly tell you to send everything in one email. Hence why you probably got the automatic checklist.. 

It's actually not possible to send everything in one email due to the size of all of the attachments. We tried.

We've both spoken to the NVC and all seems to be good. Quite a relief. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Very confused:

I just submitted my DS-260 and then emailed all my documents to the NVC. MTL is my code.

Then I looked at the website (https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html) . did something change? Now I was supposed to upload my documents online at CEAC? It doesn't even give me that option in my portal!

Someone please put my mind at ease. Did I do this wrong?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, jagrutrx said:

Hello CAEC website worked for me.

Just finished DS-261 form.

I was able to sign and submit the form. Printed confirmation page as well.

But when tried to email that confirmation page , it returned with error.

So I logged in again, but can not see the option to email that confirmation page again. So I clicked on DS-261 "Completed" word.

Just worrying lightly, does it consider form completed, or as I clicked on it, it consider as in process.??

Thanks,

Just revisiting doesn't reset it if you have already submitted it. Don't worry about that. Now that you have submitted DS-261, you should call NVC and have some representative verify it for you. That will get the ball rolling and unlock you AOS fees in a couple of days or so.

Good luck. Don't forget to get your form verified. Keep calling until someone verifies it for you.

Timeline Info below:

Spoiler

04/21/16 -- Marriage

----- CR1 Process -----

USCIS Stage [222 days from NOA1]

06/08/16 -- Sent I-130

01/31/17 -- I-130 petition sent to NVC [Received Email notification and MyUscis status update]

NVC Stage [105 days from NOA2]

Embassy/Consulate (Interview) Stage [43 days from Case Complete to Visa in Hand]

05/18/17 -- Consulate Received. CEAC Case status changed to "Ready"

06/01/17 -- Medical Examination [Complete. It took around 2 hours. Total Cost INR 11650 for Surat City Apollo Clinic]

06/12/17 -- Biometric (OFC) Appointment

06/13/17 -- Interview [7:30 AM at Mumbai, India]. Visa Approved

06/15/17 -- Visa in hand

06/21/17 -- POE at DFW (Dallas, Texas)

----- Removal of Condition -----

Removal of Condition (I-751) [Approved]

06/18/2019 -- Sent the package (3 Days before GC expires, cutting it close). Sent to Lewisville, TX via FedEx Ground

06/19/2019 -- Package received at around 9:30 AM (Hoping I don't get rejected for missing deadline)

06/24/2019 -- Card was charged with $680 fees. Text Message received confirming Receipt. Case routed to NBC (Case Number starts with 'MSC')

06/28/2019 -- NOA Hard Copy & 18 Months Extension Letter Received in Mail with NOA Date as 06/19/2019

07/12/2019 -- Biomentrics Appointment Letter received. The Letter is Dated 7/5/2019. Appointment is on 7/22/2019

07/22/2019 -- Biometrics Appointment Complete

02/01/2022 -- Interview Scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Complete. No new Green Card will be produced as my Naturalization was also approved.

03/04/2022 -- USCIS status changed to approved.

----- Naturalization -----

Naturalization (N-400) [Approved]

03/26/2022 -- N-400 online application complete. NOA Date.

01/15/2021 -- Biometric Complete.

02/28/2022 -- Interview scheduled for 3/3/2022 (combo interview)

03/03/2022 -- Interview Passed. Status changed to 'we recommended that your application be approved...' and then to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'.

03/09/2022 -- Oath Ceremony was scheduled for 3/25/2022.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
3 minutes ago, raiser said:

Very confused:

I just submitted my DS-260 and then emailed all my documents to the NVC. MTL is my code.

Then I looked at the website (https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html) . did something change? Now I was supposed to upload my documents online at CEAC? It doesn't even give me that option in my portal!

Someone please put my mind at ease. Did I do this wrong?

No, that is just one form to submit documents. If you scroll down it also list email or mail options. Your fine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, JBMG said:

This is tricky.. Because in France, they offer a "international birth certificate" which has an english version on it.. But when looking at the embassy paperwork requirements, it states that they want the official copy of the original birth certificate. So in this case the "international birth certificate" that we submitted to the USCIS i130 wouldn't be accepted by the embassy here in France.. So maybe something similar happened to you and that's why NVC is asking for it?

Sorry for your checklist.. Maybe upon calling them you can ask if you can bring the required one to the embassy...

I have a Danish birth certificate that has both danish and english on it. I'm scared 😏 i dont have my original anymore, it was lost years ago... so my only option is to send that certified extract with apostille that I got from Denmark recently. Also though, my embassy in Estonia requires the birth certificates to be less than a year old, so it might work...?

Edited by heyusa

TIMELINE

31 May 2016 - legally married in Estonia, just the 2 of us
27 July 2016 - wedding ceremony & reception

USCIS Phase

08 September 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox (FILED FROM ABROAD)

14 September - I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

16 September - NOA1 via e-mail

29 September - notice returned to USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it

22 November - NOA1 finally received in the mail (in the US)

31 March 2017 - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

3 April - NOA 2 received in the mail (in the US)

11 April - Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

17 April - Case received by NVC

20 April - NVC case number assigned

21 April -  DS-261 Completed Online
25 April - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
27 April - IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
6 May - DS-260 Completed
10 May - AOS and IV package sent

15 May - Scan date

12 July - Case complete 😀
14 July - P4 Interview Letter

08 August - Medical

17 August - INTERVIEW - approved!
18 August - VISA ISSUED
23 August - Picked up the PASSPORT with the VISA inside

26 August - Immigrant Fee paid
18 September, 2017 - POE 

Removal Of Conditions

25 June, 2019 - ROC packet sent 
27 June - ROC packet delivered

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
9 minutes ago, heyusa said:

I have a Danish birth certificate that has both danish and english on it. I'm scared 😏 i dont have my original anymore, it was lost years ago... so my only option is to send that certified extract with apostille that I got from Denmark recently. Also though, my embassy in Estonia requires the birth certificates to be less than a year old, so it might work...?

The American embassy website in Paris list the type of birth certificate copy we needed. Maybe they have done the same in Denmark? I imagine you're ok. Same here, need a recent copy, no the original.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
5 minutes ago, JBMG said:

The American embassy website in Paris list the type of birth certificate copy we needed. Maybe they have done the same in Denmark? I imagine you're ok. Same here, need a recent copy, no the original.

Okay, yeah I do have the one with the same title and from the authority they have listed on the website, I am just wondering if they sent me the bilingual one since I am not Danish or something and would need to use it abroad or something? Haha, no clue. It would just be the worst thing to get a checklist for, esp since I wouldnt have anything else to send. I will call Denmark on Monday and ask if they only give out bilingual ones now. Then I rest assured that I will be fine... 

Edited by heyusa

TIMELINE

31 May 2016 - legally married in Estonia, just the 2 of us
27 July 2016 - wedding ceremony & reception

USCIS Phase

08 September 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox (FILED FROM ABROAD)

14 September - I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

16 September - NOA1 via e-mail

29 September - notice returned to USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it

22 November - NOA1 finally received in the mail (in the US)

31 March 2017 - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

3 April - NOA 2 received in the mail (in the US)

11 April - Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

17 April - Case received by NVC

20 April - NVC case number assigned

21 April -  DS-261 Completed Online
25 April - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
27 April - IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
6 May - DS-260 Completed
10 May - AOS and IV package sent

15 May - Scan date

12 July - Case complete 😀
14 July - P4 Interview Letter

08 August - Medical

17 August - INTERVIEW - approved!
18 August - VISA ISSUED
23 August - Picked up the PASSPORT with the VISA inside

26 August - Immigrant Fee paid
18 September, 2017 - POE 

Removal Of Conditions

25 June, 2019 - ROC packet sent 
27 June - ROC packet delivered

13 hours ago, James A said:

Welcome Letter comes in E-mail. Keep Checking your e-mail everyday. Mine was sent March 25, 2017, from USCIS to National Visa Center. Recived my Welcome Letter on February 07, 2017, though did not discovered it until February 20, 2017, in my e-mail. Good Luck. Have great day. 

Opps! Sorry. Wrong post. I thought, This message is for @Evee

13 hours ago, James A said:

Welcome Letter comes in E-mail. Keep Checking your e-mail everyday. Mine was sent March 25, 2017, from USCIS to National Visa Center. Recived my Welcome Letter on February 07, 2017, though did not discovered it until February 20, 2017, in my e-mail. Good Luck. Have great day. 

@Evee

3 hours ago, Frustrated74 said:

It's actually not possible to send everything in one email due to the size of all of the attachments. We tried.

We've both spoken to the NVC and all seems to be good. Quite a relief. 

i spoke to 3 different nvc employees about this regardless of how you send your stuff snail or electronic it is still 11 weeks after they have your docs in hand and both fees are paid and completed they also said it is better to send via mail due to the amount of emails they sorh through on daily basis...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.