dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2017

1,582 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, trininurse said:

i spoke to 3 different nvc employees about this regardless of how you send your stuff snail or electronic it is still 11 weeks after they have your docs in hand and both fees are paid and completed they also said it is better to send via mail due to the amount of emails they sorh through on daily basis...

No, no, no. If you can do EP you should do it. Yes, they still say 11 weeks for both but in reality everyone lately on VJ who has done EP has had their CC in about two weeks. Some even short term amounts of time. They have apparently already looked at ours and said to my wife we should hear by Monday or Tuesday. 

I repeat, do not mail if you have the option to email. 

Edited by Frustrated74
Mistakes

Just now, Frustrated74 said:

No, no, no. If you can do EP you should do it. Yes, they still say 11 weeks for both but in reality everyone lately on VJ who has done EP has had their CC in about two weeks. Some even short term amounts of time. They have apparently rly already looked at ours and said to my wife we should hear by Monday or Tuesday. 

sorry  but i have also seen person on her and other sites that i am on say they did emails are are 10 weeks 7 weeks 11wks  and still waiting ..... 

Just now, trininurse said:

sorry  but i have also seen person on her and other sites that i am on say they did emails are are 10 weeks 7 weeks 11wks  and still waiting ..... 

Still, why not go, with the option that gives you a greater chance of being processed earlier. Just my opinion but it's a no brainer really. 

Still, why not go, with the option that gives you a greater chance of being processed earlier. Just my opinion but it's a no brainer really. 

well i would believe that no one besides nvc would know the correct answers just like at uscis some ppl case were approved in 3 month some 4 some 5 some are still waiting .......

6 minutes ago, Frustrated74 said:

No, no, no. If you can do EP you should do it. Yes, they still say 11 weeks for both but in reality everyone lately on VJ who has done EP has had their CC in about two weeks. Some even short term amounts of time. They have apparently already looked at ours and said to my wife we should hear by Monday or Tuesday. 

I can vouch here that EP is definitely the best way to go if it is available to you. I have seen dozens of cases of people using EP who got CC in 2 weeks. Ours came in just over 2, and that was with a real checklist (NVC error, not ours).

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

1 minute ago, trininurse said:

well i would believe that no one besides nvc would know the correct answers just like at uscis some ppl case were approved in 3 month some 4 some 5 some are still waiting .......

NVC will give you the same BS response they give everyone. They just say 11 weeks to everyone. I was told by one rep that email and mail take the same amount of time to process: 11 weeks. The next day our case had been reviewed after only 2 weeks. I called again and another rep told me our case should be completed before the week is over. 

NVC is no different than any other customer service center. Everyone there knows a lot more than they will let on, but they tell you 11 weeks so you will not bother them.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

NVC

Consulate

USA

Lifting Conditions

Just now, trininurse said:

I guess it still depends on a persons' case. Australia is a low risk country so probably a good chance of being done faster. 

If your consulate is Port of Spain I don't think you are eligible for EP anyway. 

I guess it still depends on a persons' case. Australia is a low risk country so probably a good chance of being done faster. 

If your consulate is Port of Spain I don't think you are eligible for EP anyway. 

sweetie get your facts right if you are assuming my country is high risk its not and it is available and my case is being done with a us lawyer 

Yeah, here is a list from my thread on EP. EP is only available at the following embassies:

ADD = Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

AKD = Ashgabat, Turkmenistan

AMM = Amman, Jordan

BGH = Baghdad, Iraq

BNS = Buenos Aires, Argentina

DMS = Damascus, Syria

FRN = Frankfurt, Germany

GTM = Guatemala City, Guatemala

GUZ = Guangzhou, China

HNK = Hong Kong

KEV = Kyiv, Ukraine

MRV = Monrovia, Liberia

MTL = Montreal, Canada

PHP = Phnom Penh, Cambodia

RDJ = Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

SYD = Sydney, Australia

TGG = Tegucigalpa, Honduras

THT = Tashkent, Uzbekistan

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

NVC

Consulate

USA

Lifting Conditions

1 minute ago, trininurse said:

sweetie get your facts right if you are assuming my country is high risk its not and it is available and my case is being done with a us lawyer 

Sorry I wasn't assuming yours was. Just if others have been waiting for months, there would probably be a reason for that. 

I didnt see PTS on the list of eligible consulates, hence my comment. 

1 minute ago, Frustrated74 said:

Sorry I wasn't assuming yours was. Just if others have been waiting for months, there would probably be a reason for that. 

I didnt see PTS on the list of eligible consulates, hence my comment. 

when i made refrence to persons waiting it wasnt from trinidad 

Just a note on EP, I was looking at the NVC website a few minutes ago and they seemed to have changed the way that some countries now submit their documents. If you are from BNS  FRN  HNK   MTL  RDJ  SYD you now upload your documents through the CEAC website.

The other eligible consulates email as normal.  Perhaps this is why the website was down earlier, as they were adding this facility.

2 minutes ago, Frustrated74 said:

Just a note on EP, I was looking at the NVC website a few minutes ago and they seemed to have changed the way that some countries now submit their documents. If you are from BNS  FRN  HNK   MTL  RDJ  SYD you now upload your documents through the CEAC website.

The other eligible consulates email as normal.  Perhaps this is why the website was down earlier, as they were adding this facility.

Wow, thanks for pointing that out! I had heard they were going to launch that for certain embassies. I am curious to see if it affects time to case complete at all. 

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

NVC

Consulate

USA

Lifting Conditions

You would hope it would.  I almost had a heart attack because I first saw the usual box with the codes in it for choice of processing and there was no SYD!! Thankfully before I went into a rage, I noticed the ones listed at the top of the website:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.