He doesnt want to come to US now but does not want to talk about divorce

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
di·vorce
dəˈvôrs/
noun

1. 1.
    the legal dissolution of a marriage by a court or other competent body.
    "her divorce from her first husband"
    synonyms: dissolution, annulment, (official) separation
    "she wants a divorce"
verb
  1. 1.
    legally dissolve one's marriage with (someone).
    "he divorced his first wife after 10 months"
    synonyms: dissolve one's marriage, annul one's marriage, end one's marriage, get a divorce
    "her parents have divorced"

That. Period.

Edited by BlessedAssurance

AOS, ROC, N-400, & PASSPORT, FOR HUSBAND TO USC

[02/23, 2012]  - DAY 001  (day 0001) (AOS) Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[06/01, 2012]  - 
DAY 099  (day 0099) 2-year Conditional GC in hand
[05/05, 2014]  - DAY 001  (day 0802) (ROC) Mailed package to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

[05/14, 2014]  - DAY 009  (day 0811) Received NOA1 (GC Extended for 1 year)

[01/14, 2016]  - DAY 620  (day 1421) 10-year GC in hand

[02/22, 2017]  - DAY 001  (day 1826) (N-400) Mailed package to Lewisville, TX, via USPS overnight

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 323  (day 2149) (N-400) Naturalization Oath Ceremony (5 years, 10 months, 19 days)

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 001  (day 2149) (US Passport) Applied for US Passport, regular processing

01/25, 2018]  - DAY 015  (day 2164) (US Passport) Passport in hand (5 years, 11 months, 3 days from start of Journey.)

AOS, N-400, & PASSPORT FOR DAUGHTER [OF HUSBAND TO USC]

[06/14, 2013] - DAY 001 Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[11/21, 2013] - Day 153 SSN and 10-year GC in hand

09/01, 2021]  - (day 3001) (US Passport) Passport in hand (8 years, 2 months, 18 days from start of Journey.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. Psalm 127:1

47 minutes ago, ckurt said:

I think he is using you to get his GC. I am sorry but no loving husband would refuse to see his wife. I suggest you get a divorce and move on :(

+1

11 hours ago, Hollywud52 said:

I posted earlier about an I130 situation. My husband is in Dubai. He got a new job about 3 months ago and immediately started saying he might need to "delay" coming to the US. Now he says that his family needs him, he is sending them a lot of money, they all depend on him and he will "never" move here because I and others think he married me for a green card and he doesnt like it. By the way he will go a week without even saying hello to me now. He first said "I will arrange for you to come to Dubai every couple month and when you retire (7 years) you can move here for good but I will not come to the US". So I called his bluff and said "ok". When I asked when can I come back then it's "well I am sending money to my father every other day" and a lot of other excuses. So I said ok, so you WANT to arrange for me to come visit but you CANT is that it? He said "yes". So then I offered to pay half of my ticket and he said "do you know how much it costs for you to come for even10 days" I said no, but this time we would not need a hotel for me because we are MARRIED. I could stay with you. He lives with his family. Not ideal but it would work. Then he said "'yes but you have other expenses" in other words he does not want me to come visit. Now the latest is that his Mother started crying and insisting that he marry someone there and she is looking for him a new wife! How can he afford a whole wife if he can't afford even a little of the one he has! He has never sent me any money and we have been married for a year. Here is my question, if he is not going to come here like we agreed and looks like I'm not going there, then why is it that every time I mention "divorce" he says he has not even thought of it? By the way, I am 20 years older htan him. Why will he not talk to me about divorce and just end this ? How does it benefit him to stay married to me? 

Divorce him!  He doesn't have to come to the US for you to divorce him.  Dump his sorry okole.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have a feeling, that since you have posted asking us...a bunch of strangers...you already know what you need to do. 

No one deserves to be treated that way by their spouse, but he can only treat you that way if you let him. Divorce him, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, heal and move on with your life. 

CR-1 Visa

Married in Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria on 29 September 2016 - Civil Marriage
** USCIS **

Service Center: Potomac

Consulate : Lagos, Nigeria 

I-130 Sent: 2016-12-03

I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2016-12-05

I-130 NOA1: 2016-12-08

Oko mi was baptized, confirmed, and received into the Catholic Church in Akure, Nigeria: 2017-04-15 at the Easter Vigil Mass!

Marriage Convalidated in the Catholic Church, Akure, Nigeria: 2017-04-16 Easter Morning! 

I-130 Approved : 2017-05-19

** NVC **

NVC Received : 2017-06-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2017-06-15
Received DS-261/AOS Bill: 2017-06-21

Pay AOS Bill: 2017-06-21
Receive IV Bill : 2017-06-23
Pay IV Bill : 2017-06-23

Receive I-864 Package : 2017-06-28

Send AOS Package : 2017-07-01

Submit DS-261 :  2017-06-21

Send IV Package : 2017-07-01
Scan Date: 2017-07-07

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2017-09-30

Case Completed at NVC : 2017-09-01

----------------------------

Interview Date : 2017-11-22

Interview Result : Approved! Thanks be to God!

Visa Received : 2017-11-27
US Entry : 2017-12-08 Atlanta

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

He doesn't want to talk to you, he doesn't want you to visit, he doesn't want to come here, what more is there to say ?

He doesn't seem to care if he is married or divorced and why should you care to be married to him ?

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

I agree with him lying and buying time to get the 10 yr card. He thinks he can string you along, get the 10 yr card come over never having to step foot inside your home. Then he can bring the 'real' wife.

exactly...

please, you do realize that he is USING YOU to get the 10yr card, step foot in america and never see you again? please, dont be like some of those stupid people i see on 90 day fiance! he has another girlfriend over there as well that in 5yrs he will be bringing over....

its hard to admit you were used for a gc.. but the easier you can, the quicker you can move on and find someone better.. remember, you arent the first person

please need to remember marriage is teh EASIEST path to a greencrad!!!!!! trust me, getting a work visa to come to america is nearly impossible.. but u can meet soemone once, fall in love and be here in less then a year!!!! hes a scammer and a rat... dont fall for his BS! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

please, also, he knows he wont pass the ROC! so please divorce him now and move on with your life!!

let me guess, you are a 10+ year older woman then him, married before with kids... he doesnt want to be with you he is using you! please you are worthy of more.. move on

Holly - we have spoken on the phone etc about this.  Its an outright scam.  How many more people are you looking to tell you that?!?!

Of course he doesn't want a divorce what if he changes his mind about coming to the US.  You are perfectly naive to be dragged along! 

I have spent a lot of time talking to you about this.  Please just stop calling him ever.  You were scammed, lucky he changed his mind about coming to the US.  He is so not thinking of a woman his mother's age as his wife.  This marriage doesn't even stand in Islam as it wasn't consummated.

All the nonsense about needing your permission to marry again...  he can marry so very easily without anything.  I live in Dubai, I know.

Sorry to be abrupt - but you need to wake up!

I actually saw a lawyer here about a month ago. I can file and will file for divorce here in the states after mid March as the law in my state requires a one year "separation". A close friend of mine suggested I post again in this forum to see what possible reason he could have to try to avoid a divorce because after reading online the information about being issued a greencard it looks like he HAS to live with me, not just be MARRIED to me to receive a green card so that is what I was questioning. But several of you have said that he does NOT have to actually live with me to get it so I am getting conflicting information   between what I am reading and what I am hearing here. I would prefer he agreed to give me a divorce and did it there but if he does not I wil divorce him here wihout his permission, it will just be slightly more difficult and at my expense. I have actually asked him for a divorce and he has not responded. 

Could also be a case where he doesn't fully understand the requirements of permanent resident status based on marriage and thinks he can get a GC without living with you. But in any case it is his loss. You deserve better. Sounds like you will make the right decision. Good luck to you.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

If he waits for the 2 year period before entering the USA he gets a 10 year green card.  He doesnt even need to see you when he gets off the plane and you are still on the hook for the i-864.  Stop the process now.  Divorce asap.  

Im sorry this has happened to you.  I know it sucks and must break your heart.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

If he does not have his green card yet, you should be able to cancel your affidavit of support, no?

Members who were "divorcing" have seen their spouse come to the USA with their spousal visa # can't search now but many many times.

Edited by Lemonslice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You are petitioning a spouse, once he enters he gets a stamp in his passport that acts as a temporary GC. He never has to step foot in your house. He just has to change his address either at entry or shortly after. Pay the GC fee and have the card mailed to whatever address he marks on the file. No he does not need to live with you to get the GC he gets it on entry. Now if he enters before 2 yrs of marriage he would need to remove conditions and for that he would need to show evidence. This is why we are telling you he is stalling, so he can enter after 2 yrs of marriage so he get the 10 yr card without ever needing to live with you. He would never ever have to see you after he gets off the plane, he does not live with you for even a second. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

I'd contact the embassy, NVC and USCIS and withdraw both I-130 and I-864 as a preventive measure. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.