Ray&Ash

I-129F November 2016 Filers - Part 2

2,907 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, blueskyna said:

Does anyone have the instructions on the change of status paperwork? Please.....

It's Adjustment of Status (AOS), not Change of Status (COS). AOS is for a green card, while COS is for changing non-immigrant statuses while within the US. :)

If you're doing AOS from a K-1....meaning you actually married within the 90 day period after entry on the K-1 visa...then follow the guide here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 6/20/2017 at 8:25 AM, Stephanie B said:

After months of being apart my fiancé has arrived in the US.  The Atlanta airport is quite busy so the line for US Customs was incredibly long took him over 3 hours to get through.  When he finally got to an agent the conversation lasted 2 mins, they  explained the rules of the K1 visa: 90 days to get married, no international travel until the AOS is completed.

i was terrified while waited since his phone died I had no way to reach him but luckily some others had families on the immigration visa line and they let me know that the line was quite long.

With that said, I just wanted to send a giant thank you to everyone that answered any questions, you provided me with so much support during this trying time.

I wish you all the best during the rest of this process and a wonderful marriage.

xoxo 

Great congratulations. Very happy for you guys . 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 6/20/2017 at 7:25 AM, Stephanie B said:

After months of being apart my fiancé has arrived in the US.  The Atlanta airport is quite busy so the line for US Customs was incredibly long took him over 3 hours to get through.  When he finally got to an agent the conversation lasted 2 mins, they  explained the rules of the K1 visa: 90 days to get married, no international travel until the AOS is completed.

i was terrified while waited since his phone died I had no way to reach him but luckily some others had families on the immigration visa line and they let me know that the line was quite long.

With that said, I just wanted to send a giant thank you to everyone that answered any questions, you provided me with so much support during this trying time.

I wish you all the best during the rest of this process and a wonderful marriage.

xoxo 

Thank you for the information Stephanie!! We will be coming through in July and I am now so thankful I booked a five hour layover in Atlanta as I thought it might be this way!  I wish the very best of luck and many years of happiness to you and your fiance!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi there!

Congratulations for everyone! It is just so amazing seeing you getting visas and reuniting with your loved ones. I am moving to my fiancee in just a few weeks, right after I graduate university - defend my master's thesis. I've been here on this forum for the past 7 months and realized that so many people here met online - just like me and my fiancee - and here is my question, I am doing research for purpose of my thesis about building romantic relationship online and would be just so great if you'd help me and spend just 2 min on filling questionaire here: https://www.survio.com/survey/d/C3F4E6B7K6S5J9M5A 

I'd be truly grateful! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I hope all the rest of you November filers are doing well and nearing the end of your journey.

My fiancee had the interview with the US Consulate in Sydney yesterday and was approved on the spot!  After almost a full year apart we will be reuinted again before the end of July.  

Timeline
On 6/24/2017 at 2:50 PM, llaz said:

Our case is finally on its way to us in Chile! Hoping the embassy gives us our interview date sometime next week! 

We blew pretty quickly through NVC so that was good, finally something in our favor in regards to time :D 

Great, good to hear that , You guys wore waiting long enough .From now all will go fest and smooth, good luck .My finance is here with me for month now . wedding next month . 

3 hours ago, Watahoot said:

I hope all the rest of you November filers are doing well and nearing the end of your journey.

My fiancee had the interview with the US Consulate in Sydney yesterday and was approved on the spot!  After almost a full year apart we will be reuinted again before the end of July.  

Nice . Good luck .

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

INSURANCE - help

Hey, what are your ideas for insurance before wedding? Im gonna move to US a month before the wedding and not sure how to secure myself. What did you do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 minute ago, Piggus said:

My fiancee arrives next month. Woo! 

Also good news, ALL of her immediate family (mom, dad, sister, and two brothers) were approved for travel visas to attend our wedding. :D 

That's wonderful news.. congrats! 

11/17/2016 - K1/I-129f Petition sent 

11/18/2016 - K1/I-129f Petition received at TX Lock box. / Fee accepted. 

11/22/2016 - NOA1 Received
02/16/2017 - NOA2 Approved 

02/18/2017 - NOA2 Letter received

03/08/2017 - NVC Received I-129f

03/09/2017 - NVC Approved 

03/10/2017 - NVC tracking number and sent to embassy

03/13/2017 - Embassy received I-129f package

04/06/2017 - Embassy Package 3 received

04/25/2017 - Medical

05/16/2017 - Interview

05/16/2017-  Approved!!! 

08/19/2017 - Arrival to JFK!

10/11/2017-  Married

11/11/2017- AOS Mailed 

11/17/2017- AOS Accepted

02/02/2018 - EAD Approved  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hey guys, I am traveling to the US this very month, am wondering if anyone is familiar with a situation of having two brown envelops? I was given two and I dont know if this is normal

10/16/2015-------Started Dating ( we had met in person in 2012 and been friends thru the years)

11/12/2016------- Met in person again

11/14/2016------- Got engaged

12/01/2016------ I-129F Mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/05/2016------ NOA 1 Text message

12/08/2016------ NOA 1 Hard copy

03/08/2017------ NOA 2 On USCIS website

03/21/2017------ NVC Recieves

03/22/2017------ Case # assigned and sent to Embassy 

03/28/2017------ Case Reaches the embassy and updated on the CEAC website as "Ready"

04/10/2017------ Calls embassy to inquire about interview slot and told there is none.....Case last updated on CEAC website, still says "Ready"

Timeline
On 7/11/2017 at 3:19 PM, KF & OS said:

Hey guys, I am traveling to the US this very month, am wondering if anyone is familiar with a situation of having two brown envelops? I was given two and I dont know if this is normal

Hi , My finance just got one. In envelope is just paper work that sponsor send to process your K1 , Is  possible that your finance fallow lot of documents and it did not fit in one envelope . 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Can someone please shine light on this?

Do we need to have another medical? And have the I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record - USCIS filled out while filing for AOS? Or not, if our K-1 medical is under a year old? Mine is from May. Should I schedule the medical or is it a waste of money since they already received a valid one in that brown envelope?

Hello everyone! Just checking up on my favorite thread here in VJ ^_^

Flying to the US soon...in two weeks' time! Hoping everyone's almost at the end of their journey as well (or heading to the AOS forums...lol!)

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.