arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, luckyniz said:

Hi, i am a Nebraska August 2017 Filer. I am US citizen and married in July 2017 and filed I-130 in August , PD is 16 August 2017. 

How i should file my Tax Return 2017 , married filing separately or married filing jointly. can i file joint tax return with my spouse as she is not living is USA. She is abroad now. I will appreciate all the answers and wishing all the best to all the filers. bye.

It's best to consult your accountant. I filed my 2016 tax return as married filing separately. We got married Oct 2016 with a PD of Feb 02, 2017. There are certain requirements that should be met for joint filing. Again, I recommend consulting your tax accountant. 
My two cents.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Toronto2017 said:

I saw an approval with PD of Feb 14th.  It seems like Nebraska skipped many people again. Sigh sigh.........-_-

They are the eeny meeny miney moe (my spouse says no) office. They pick and choose whatever day they feel like approving. I can't stand the fact Nebraska is so mickey mouse. A person at the middle or end of the month can be approved well ahead of people at the start of the month. Have they even finished Jan?

When I wrote to the head of USCIS I said the irony was my spouse and I had a discussion about getting a divorce and filing K-1. It's starting to look like as the months go by we might have actually been reunited faster! I am sure it would've raised all sorts of questions had we gone that route. But it goes to show just how screwed up the system is when it's easier to divorce and play house (boyfriend/girlfriend) than to get into the US after being married nearly 10 years.

Ironically the border agent I talked to on my second trip said the same thing too. It's better to wait to get married, enter the US and get married, then file AOS. You don't have to spend one day apart. But I had no idea what kind of mickey mouse rules existed for people such as us.

@luckyniz like TX&BC we did married filed separately as well in accordance to our tax accountants advice. As your spouse does not have a SSN she won't be able to file until she gets one.

Edited by acidrain

Timeline
6 minutes ago, acidrain said:

They are the eeny meeny miney moe (my spouse says no) office. They pick and choose whatever day they feel like approving. I can't stand the fact Nebraska is so mickey mouse. A person at the middle or end of the month can be approved well ahead of people at the start of the month. Have they even finished Jan?

When I wrote to the head of USCIS I said the irony was my spouse and I had a discussion about getting a divorce and filing K-1. It's starting to look like as the months go by we might have actually been reunited faster! I am sure it would've raised all sorts of questions had we gone that route. But it goes to show just how screwed up the system is when it's easier to divorce and play house (boyfriend/girlfriend) than to get into the US after being married nearly 10 years.

Ironically the border agent I talked to on my second trip said the same thing too. It's better to wait to get married, enter the US and get married, then file AOS. You don't have to spend one day apart. But I had no idea what kind of mickey mouse rules existed for people such as us.

@luckyniz like TX&BC we did married filed separately as well in accordance to our tax accountants advice. As your spouse does not have a SSN she won't be able to file until she gets one.

Haha.. Mickey Mouse :)  We are going nuts over this process and we are thinking about plan B.  Maybe we should just stay put and get our sanity back.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Best news of the day! This came about 5 minutes after complaining to my mom about how they had moved only 5 days. I don’t understand how they process cases but I am so relieved to be onto the next step. Keep strong and positive! 

AB61E759-0666-4E00-8FB1-46372A4F615E.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, luckyniz said:

Hi, i am a Nebraska August 2017 Filer. I am US citizen and married in July 2017 and filed I-130 in August , PD is 16 August 2017. 

How i should file my Tax Return 2017 , married filing separately or married filing jointly. can i file joint tax return with my spouse as she is not living is USA. She is abroad now. I will appreciate all the answers and wishing all the best to all the filers. bye.

In order to file with your spouse my bookkeeper told me you must have a ITIN number for your spouse and to get one you would need her original passport.  Then you can file with her. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, scarlett262004 said:

Best news of the day! This came about 5 minutes after complaining to my mom about how they had moved only 5 days. I don’t understand how they process cases but I am so relieved to be onto the next step. Keep strong and positive! 

AB61E759-0666-4E00-8FB1-46372A4F615E.jpeg

Congratulations 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Bikerbride said:

My Case skipped approved and went directly to Sent to Department of State November 8 👍👍👍❤️❤️❤️❤️

Congratulations 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Bikerbride said:

My Case skipped approved and went directly to Sent to Department of State November 8 👍👍👍❤️❤️❤️❤️

Congratulations!! Mine did too yesterday 😁😁

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Gegee said:

Congrats did you get a notification on your phone?

Yes I got text, email, and status updated on website and app. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.