arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Me and my husband got married here in the usa while he was on a visitors visa on February 4th 2017 and he went back may 2nd to Algeria and I put in the papers and they received them may 24th already have my noa1 and got nebraska. I was dreading Nebraska. My husband is the cheery one and oh so positive that it will go fast. But as for me I can't help being more realistic about the situation and were both not in the position right now to visit one another. I know I should be more positive and go on with normal life like it doesn't bother me but it does, even though I haven't been in this as long as everyone else I know it will be a long wait in the end. I hope you

all have fast approvals and wish you all the best 

Edited by estadia
Error in grammer

I feel everyone's pain here.  I was hoping being from Texas I would get assigned to Texas but low and behold the dreaded Nebraska.  My app only got there a week ago and seeing all of these "7-9 months" numbers is heartbreaking, knowing I have more steps after that.  Here is hoping they speed up over the next few months and make the number a bit more manageable. 

Just got 4 emails from USCIS saying that my I130 had been approved. Guess they really meant it. I filed in November, but better late than never. Good luck to all you Nebraska folks still waiting. Hang in there.

10 minutes ago, claire_in_nl said:

Just got 4 emails from USCIS saying that my I130 had been approved. Guess they really meant it. I filed in November, but better late than never. Good luck to all you Nebraska folks still waiting. Hang in there.

VisaJourney shows apps with the NOA1 of November 5.  Yours being November 18 gives me hope that there is at least SOME kind of progress happening. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 hours ago, harsh2010 said:

and Nebraska feels like they just move date around 1 month on every update . which i doubt is even true lol 

That would mean that as of May 30th, Nebraska would be processing cases as of November 30th and by June 30th, cases for December 30th would start to be processed.

That only means that they have started to process. That does not necessarily means that they have finished the whole month and that does not mean that some later cases will not be worked on before earlier cases.

I really think that it depends on which agents are handling the loads assigned to them. Some people are faster and more efficient than others.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline

I think that no matter what happens, we should ALL write to our senators and let them know how long Nebraska takes and how unfair the whole process is. I see no reason why this could not be made more efficient. If their application assignment process were more evenly distributed from the very beginning I feel like that would already be a tremendous improvement. If Potomac and whoever else are only a few months behind while Nebraska is 7-9, send 2 out of every 3 applications you receive directly to the other processing centers! It seems so obvious and so easy to fix.

The squeaky wheels get the grease! And write to both your senators, I see no reason why this shouldn't have bipartisan support. If Repubs want to clean up immigration and want people to do it the legal way, they need to commit to improving the process. And I'm sure Dems would not want people to be stuck in limbo this long.

Best of luck to everyone, I'm on day 122 and going for my third visit to my husband this year. Thank god for frequent flyer miles. I am grateful I have a job that allows me to be gone so much and my heart breaks for those of you stuck apart until this process is over. But we will all make it through. And our relationships should be all the stronger for it!

Edited by RoseEinar

Hello Nebraska filers!

Just wondering for those whose got a transfer to Texas, does your case number changes or does it remain the original case number?

We want to know what they are processing in Texas we kept seeing cases getting approved on apps but not a lot are reported on VJ.

Many thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
8 hours ago, Nattie_Bry said:

Hello Nebraska filers!

Just wondering for those whose got a transfer to Texas, does your case number changes or does it remain the original case number?

We want to know what they are processing in Texas we kept seeing cases getting approved on apps but not a lot are reported on VJ.

Many thanks.

Not everyone in the world is registered on VJ.

6 hours ago, Etxebunti said:

160 days and counting, gets me worried something is wrong with the petition...

This complete information black out is stressful.

Still early in the game to have an approval. Nebraska averages above 200 days. 

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 hours ago, Etxebunti said:

160 days and counting, gets me worried something is wrong with the petition...

This complete information black out is stressful.

we are at 203 days (PD 29 NOV 2016) and still waiting

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
On 6/15/2017 at 3:43 PM, estadia said:

Me and my husband got married here in the usa while he was on a visitors visa on February 4th 2017 and he went back may 2nd to Algeria and I put in the papers and they received them may 24th already have my noa1 and got nebraska. I was dreading Nebraska. My husband is the cheery one and oh so positive that it will go fast. But as for me I can't help being more realistic about the situation and were both not in the position right now to visit one another. I know I should be more positive and go on with normal life like it doesn't bother me but it does, even though I haven't been in this as long as everyone else I know it will be a long wait in the end. I hope you

all have fast approvals and wish you all the best 

Looks like we both will be approved around the same time. I'm hoping Nebraska speeds up.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
On 6/15/2017 at 4:09 PM, JustinS said:

I feel everyone's pain here.  I was hoping being from Texas I would get assigned to Texas but low and behold the dreaded Nebraska.  My app only got there a week ago and seeing all of these "7-9 months" numbers is heartbreaking, knowing I have more steps after that.  Here is hoping they speed up over the next few months and make the number a bit more manageable. 

Yes, I'm hoping they speed up too. Just think positive!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.