Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,960 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, theswedishyolk said:

Wow, I wasn't aware that you could do this. Thanks!

Since there are no direct flights she will have to do a layover though. Is there any country we should avoid for that? (i.e. one which might give her trouble at the border). To me it seems like Netherlands, France, and UK are the most likely transit countries from L.A

You can't, because Los Angeles doesn't have neither an embassy nor a consulate. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
9 hours ago, Scandi said:

I'm confused what are you talking about? The Swedish Consulate is in Washington DC. Just email them. 

Edited by OrihimeandIchigo

Timeline
10 hours ago, Scandi said:

Also there is actually a Embassy of Sweden in Sandeigo California. 

http://www.consulateofswedensandiego.org/

Apparently there used to be a Los Angeles and New York Swedish Consulate but they closed them down years ago. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
8 hours ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

I'm confused what are you talking about? The Swedish Consulate is in Washington DC. Just email them. 

8 hours ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

Also there is actually a Embassy of Sweden in Sandeigo California. 

http://www.consulateofswedensandiego.org/

Apparently there used to be a Los Angeles and New York Swedish Consulate but they closed them down years ago. 

The person that was quoted on the other page said he got his from the consulate in Los Angeles. So I said there is no consulate in Los Angeles.

The post is right here: 

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Scandi said:

The person that was quoted on the other page said he got his from the consulate in Los Angeles. So I said there is no consulate in Los Angeles.

The post is right here: 

Oh ok sorry, now I understand thanks for showing me I was confused I was like huh lol 😆 😅 

Timeline
21 hours ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

No way I was just in Malmö today with my husband taking my cat to the vet. I love the city very pretty lots of things to do there. Welcome to the thread 😊

nice. I went today to get my nails done and do some shopping

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Scandi said:

The post is right here: 

guys don't waste your time with the Swedish embassy, they won't help you. I contacted the danish embassy so ni can transit through cph airport. I showed the letter he sent me to the airline even in Germany because that's where my stop was

Timeline
6 minutes ago, RTimo said:

nice. I went today to get my nails done and do some shopping

Sounds like a relaxing and fun day 😊 Are you also in Malmö with your husband or you doing long distance? 

14 minutes ago, c-bandy said:

Hi all!

I'm a little late to the party but I'm in the process of immigrating on an IR-1! Moving from 🇸🇪!

We are now two years into trying to close the gap, and this week the day has finally come. Our interview is on Friday. So nervous!!! 😰

Good luck! Let us know how it goes 😊

Timeline
21 minutes ago, c-bandy said:

Hi all!

I'm a little late to the party but I'm in the process of immigrating on an IR-1! Moving from 🇸🇪!

We are now two years into trying to close the gap, and this week the day has finally come. Our interview is on Friday. So nervous!!! 😰

Welcome to the party 🥳 😎 And Congratulations on the interview again. I hope you keep us updated on how everything goes 😃 

Me too, I've seen some here on the forum complaining about the waiting and they're not even waiting that long and we've been in this process since December 2018. So I'm ready and excited for them to email us with a interview time already lol 

Timeline

Hello, I'm needing help from people who's had interviews lately please. Do you need the petitioner Original Birth certificate for the interview since you uploaded it to the CEAC website for the NVC or do you just bring a copy of the petitioner Birth certificate? Also On the Stockholm Embassy Interviews checklist it says to bring your children's Birth certificate with you but I'm confused why or if thats only for children immigrating with you? Or if in general they need it. So people whose interview happened lately and has US Citizens children with your beneficiary do you need their birth certificate? Thanks so much in advance 😊 

Screenshot_20200812-202948_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f162f460b9d78bf5d7135ed84885fb7a.jpg

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/STK-Stockholm.html#pre_interview_checklist

Timeline
On 8/10/2020 at 10:15 PM, theswedishyolk said:

Wow, I wasn't aware that you could do this. Thanks!

Since there are no direct flights she will have to do a layover though. Is there any country we should avoid for that? (i.e. one which might give her trouble at the border). To me it seems like Netherlands, France, and UK are the most likely transit countries from L.A

Aw, I wish I knew that you could transit through CPH. My husband lives in Lund. I ended up getting a flight from LAX to GOT instead.

Anyway, like everyone said, your wife can visit you and you can visit her. Either way works. If she is going to visit you, I would avoid transiting through Amsterdam! The U.S. embassy recommends avoiding Schiphol because they have denied U.S. citizens entry into the EU even if they are transiting (however, a layover in Amsterdam on the way to the U.S. is acceptable).

I chose the KLM/Air France flight that transited through Paris instead. The entire process was very quick. At LAX, they asked for my husband’s picture id (I had a scan of his passport), vigselbevis, and personbevis (she wanted proof of marriage with my name and date of birth on it). I wasn’t asked any questions at CDG, the border officer just asked me to remove my mask so he could see my face. Then he stamped my passport and wished me a nice trip. I didn’t have to go through security at GOT, so after I landed, I got to see my husband straight away. :)

Also, your wife technically needs to get a negative COVID PCR test result (within 72 hrs of the flight). France requires proof of it and their health statement for flying. I was never asked for these, but I would still get them in case. As far as Sweden’s requirements, (my husband called and asked) they say to have proof of relationship, and your return flight too to make things easier if needed.

Edited by Ellxtdan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

My husband just had his medical this morning in Copenhagen! Pretty standard, he said it took about an hour, he did have to get 2 vaccines (a second MMR vaccine and TDAP booster shot) but other than that, all clear :) Ready for the interview next week!!

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I had my interview this morning at the embassy in Stockholm.

I arrived around 30 minutes before and was let in with no problem. In the immigrant visa area, only two other people were waiting for document check. The interview itself was very short, maybe 5-10 minutes. The consular office asked me some basic information about when and how we met, where we got married, what I'm doing for work and what I'm planning on doing for work in the US. I was outside again after about 1h 30m from arrival.

Since the results of my medical examination has not arrived yet, they could not approve me for the CR-1 visa until they showed up. It appears there's some technical difficulties with the receiving the results, as my physician's office confirmed last week that everything had been submitted on their end. This was also mentioned by the officer who took my documents before the interview.

Edited by jetties

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.