Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,960 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
6 minutes ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

If I could ask what day were you DQ in May exactly? Im trying to figure out how fast or slow they are processing interviews. Thanks so much in advance 😊 

Of course! We were DQ on May 19th 🙂

Timeline
2 hours ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

Oh my goodness this is so exciting for you. It sounds like the Embassy has decided to expedite your case. Congratulations :) huggles. Yes please keep us updated I'm so curious. We've been DQ since mid June and haven't heard anything yet. 

Small update;

We called the NVC to ask about the email we received. We were put on hold for a bit and afterwards told that it was a system glitch, as they hadn't assigned us to an interview previously.
The agent did confirm that Stockholm is processing IR1/CR1s based on the DQ date and that we're still in line. Additionally, the agent mentioned that they're receiving a reduced amount of requests from the Stockholm embassy due to current staffing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

For the Norwegians in this thread- my friend has a flight tonight from Boston to Oslo (layover in Iceland on Iceland Air). She's going to visit her fiance under the new "sweetheart law" that says boyfriends and girlfriends from visa-free non EU/Schengen countries can visit if they have been dating longer than 9 months and have met in person at least once. I haven't seen anyone in this group attempting to make the trip over yet, but if anyone's interested to see how it goes for her, I'll update you all after she lands. We've seen some people get turned away by check in agents because they are unaware of the exemption, but fingers crossed.

K-1

Nov 23, 2015: I-129F Packet sent to Dallas
Dec 8, 2015: NOA1 hard copy received - Notice dated Dec 1
Jan 16, 2016: NOA2 hard copy received- Noticed dated Jan 11

March 31, 2016: Interview- approved!

June 30, 2016: POE Boston

July 2, 2016: Married

AOS

July 7, 2016: AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago

July 18, 2016: NOA 1 hard copies received

August 11, 2016: Biometric walk in completed

September 22, 2016: EAD/AP Approval notice

November 14, 2017: AOS Interview- approved on the spot!

December 1, 2017: 2 year conditional green card received

ROC

September 16, 2019: I-751 sent

September 23, 2019: NOA1 and 18 month GC extension letter received- packet headed to Vermont

July 25, 2020: Approved, no interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I am really interested! I've been looking for flights, and right now doesn't seem super financially viable for me(the pragmatist in me says I need to keep working since I'm able to and save that money, haha). But! Just having the availability and the option to go takes so much pressure off because I know that I COULD go. So any information you could send from them would be super appreciated! 🙏 💕

10 hours ago, jetties said:

We were DQ'd in the middle of May 2022 and still awaiting an interview date in Stockholm. We haven't received anything from the NVC nor the embassy since the DQ'd.

Close to 6 am this morning we received an email, stating that our immigration appointment has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances and will be rescheduled asap.

We've read about this pattern of receiving cancellation emails before receiving interview dates during these strange times, and we've never requested expedited processing or anything like that.

Will post an update if anything happens

This is exactly what happened to us today.

My husband was DQd on 21 May. We heard nothing. This morning at 5:13am we received an email from NVC stating "Immigration appointment cancelled" -- and we were shocked and confused that we had apparently missed an appointment notification.

About 25 minutes ago (9:03pm) we received a message from NVC stating, "The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in STOCKHOLM, SWDN approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application"...

Timeline
Just now, swmfly said:

My husband was DQd on 21 May. We heard nothing. This morning at 5:13am we received an email from NVC stating "Immigration appointment cancelled" -- and we were shocked and confused that we had apparently missed an appointment notification.

About 25 minutes ago (9:03pm) we received a message from NVC stating, "The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in STOCKHOLM, SWDN approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application"...

We just received the exact same email with the expedite notice! We’re ecstatic, especially after the NVC shut down our hopes on the phone and blamed the early morning email on a technical issue. 

Congrats on the expedite, maybe we’ll see each other in line at the embassy in the near future. 

1 minute ago, jetties said:

We just received the exact same email with the expedite notice! We’re ecstatic, especially after the NVC shut down our hopes on the phone and blamed the early morning email on a technical issue. 

Congrats on the expedite, maybe we’ll see each other in line at the embassy in the near future. 

Congrats to you, too! 🤗 We are not even familiar with what this all means. But we know it's good news.

Btw, are you also in Denmark? We will be traveling from Cph to Stockholm for the interview.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, swmfly said:

Congrats to you, too! 🤗 We are not even familiar with what this all means. But we know it's good news.

Btw, are you also in Denmark? We will be traveling from Cph to Stockholm for the interview.

As I understand it, it means we should receive a letter from the embassy soon, containing further instructions. In particular, it should allow us to book the medical examination needed prior to the interview. 

Yes, I’m based in Copenhagen and my wife in NYC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 hours ago, jetties said:

Small update;

We called the NVC to ask about the email we received. We were put on hold for a bit and afterwards told that it was a system glitch, as they hadn't assigned us to an interview previously.
The agent did confirm that Stockholm is processing IR1/CR1s based on the DQ date and that we're still in line. Additionally, the agent mentioned that they're receiving a reduced amount of requests from the Stockholm embassy due to current staffing.

Well hopefully the Embassy contacts you in a few days. I think thats what happened with another member here. Well keep hoping they contact you soon 😊

But its good news they confirmed they are processing more IR1 and CR1 cases. 

Have you checked where your case is at to figure out maybe? 

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Thank you so much for the update and keeping us informed 😊 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, swmfly said:

Congratulations this is wonderful news 😊🎉 I hope you'll keep us updated when your interview will be. Congratulations again 😊

Timeline
26 minutes ago, jetties said:

YAY THATS WONDERFUL. Congratulations I'm so excited for you. I hope you keep us updated when your interview will be. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN 😊🎉

12 minutes ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

Have you checked where your case is at to figure out maybe? 

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Great suggestion -- this morning, it said the case was still at NVC/there had been no change. 

Just now, it says "In Transit" 👍(... except it also says that the interview date was provided by the NVC, which we know is inaccurate). Screenshot_20200723-220331_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5072f6a25843ea05512bf9101b22c390.jpg

Timeline
37 minutes ago, swmfly said:

Great suggestion -- this morning, it said the case was still at NVC/there had been no change. 

Just now, it says "In Transit" 👍(... except it also says that the interview date was provided by the NVC, which we know is inaccurate). Screenshot_20200723-220331_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5072f6a25843ea05512bf9101b22c390.jpg

Same experience here. First thing we did after the cancellation email was check our status, which remained unchanged. Our status is also showing as "In Transit" now

Timeline

@jetties @swmfly

Congrats guys!

Here's what happened to my husband this month! I think you guys will be in the same boat.

9th (Thur) - Cancelled appt email

10th - Expedited confirmation email (even though we didn't request it)

13th (Mon) - checklist from the embassy tell you to get the medical done and upload more stuff to CEAC

15th - Offered an interview appointment

21st (Tue) - Interview!

22nd - Medical exam in STK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.