1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, Michael2017 said:

You can find another joint sponsor, or try to work a part time job to get the income you need. The visa will be available once you meet the required income. It is not rejected forever, it is only on hold temporarily. 

The interview date was on April 17, the last day of tax so in a hurry i just filed my tax without waiting the another 1099 form from my second job, than I made  a tax  amendment and my my income is increased now

Now with new gross income I even do not need a joint sponsor, but my lawyer said that he does not recommend me to show my amended tax because consulate can hesitate and think that I was made this  purposely after the visa was denied 

and it can be like tax fraud for them

PLEASE ADVISE WHAT TO DO?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
16 hours ago, Milly1980 said:

The interview date was on April 17, the last day of tax so in a hurry i just filed my tax without waiting the another 1099 form from my second job, than I made  a tax  amendment and my my income is increased now

Now with new gross income I even do not need a joint sponsor, but my lawyer said that he does not recommend me to show my amended tax because consulate can hesitate and think that I was made this  purposely after the visa was denied 

and it can be like tax fraud for them

PLEASE ADVISE WHAT TO DO?

Well, only you know if you increased the income for immigration reasons or if it was a real adjustment. If it was a true adjustment, I see no reason why not to submit the updated AOS and defend it in a side letter. If you can find a better joint sponsor, of course, this will be better.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I just got an RFE (Request for Evidence) for the F2A petition that I filed on Dec 12 2016 for my wife.

They are writing that that there are some alterations and/or changes occurred in my Marriage Certificate which is not properly documented by issuing authority make the document unreliable and insufficient as evidence.

And they also asked for more information to prove the Bona fide  marital relationship. Please advise what do I have to make sure of. Thank you in advance for any help.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
On 4/27/2018 at 6:31 PM, BossT said:

So I called yesterday and didn't get a date yet. I was already thinking of July.

But I called today and I have a date.

26th of June in Yaounde, Cameroon. 

Interview letter recieved today.

Thinking of moving interview from 26th June to an earlier date. Anyone with experience on that?

21 hours ago, Sharvil Jani said:

Hi Guys,

I just got an RFE (Request for Evidence) for the F2A petition that I filed on Dec 12 2016 for my wife.

They are writing that that there are some alterations and/or changes occurred in my Marriage Certificate which is not properly documented by issuing authority make the document unreliable and insufficient as evidence.

And they also asked for more information to prove the Bona fide  marital relationship. Please advise what do I have to make sure of. Thank you in advance for any help.

You should consider anything written on the RFE as a point to be refuted. See if there are more cases of marriage certificates from the country you got married, and if there is something handwritten, try to get an original without anything handwritten, with the names and last names that match your name and last name, and the one of your spouse. If either of you took the last name of the other one, then get something that proves exactly that.

Here is an extensive post about bona fide marriage evidence, it is not for F2A, but bona fide marriages is an issue across all types of spousal petitions.

Basically evidence there is a real marriage, even when not in the USCIS guide of bona fide evidence, you also can consider sending photos, but financial mingling is the one that USCIS values the most as most meaningful.

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 4/26/2018 at 10:41 AM, remyfk said:

Applicants from Philippines with PD June 3, 2016 got interview for June 4, 2018..I think April and May 2016 filers with case complete need to keep calling for interviews...Good luck everyone😊

Also got IL. PD 6 JUNE 2016. Interview date 21 June 2018. Kenya

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, Quame said:

Is there any hope of 4 weeks movements ? Looks like VB is gonna move to 8 June ? 

Hi,

something has changed about when NVC gives out IL. Last months there was no movement till about the 10th.

Now, we have 1 week movement only. Las months VB moved as expected eventually. No one can say what`s going on,

but there is a good chance that the VB will move more later in the months as it did last months. Why they stopped giving out IL earlier as they used to do over the past years , and If it is temporary, no one knows... Good chance it will move again around the 10th.

Also, the VB got following additional text:

The Department of State also has available a recorded message with visa final action dates which can be heard at: (202) 485-7699. The recording is normally updated on/about the 10th of each month with information on final action dates for the following month.

Edited by Michael2017
addition

53 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

Hi,

something has changed about when NVC gives out IL. Last months there was no movement till about the 10th.

Now, we have 1 week movement only. Las months VB moved as expected eventually. No one can say what`s going on,

but there is a good chance that the VB will move more later in the months as it did last months. Why they stopped giving out IL earlier as they used to do over the past years , and If it is temporary, no one knows... Good chance it will move again around the 10th.

Also, the VB got following additional text:

The Department of State also has available a recorded message with visa final action dates which can be heard at: (202) 485-7699. The recording is normally updated on/about the 10th of each month with information on final action dates for the following month.

Fingers Crossed . My PD is 06/22/16

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, tash1111 said:

I am still waiting for IL for PD MAY 19th 2016 is this normal since there are people with June PD getting theirs?

I am in line with you but my case is reviewing for CSPA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.