1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, peter219 said:

Hi all,

I'm a new.

Because the pending security check so I just got CC 9 May 2018, my PD is 12 Feb 2016. Anybody know when I get the Interview letter. Thanks

starting calling them to have your interview letter hopefully this month end

On 5/21/2018 at 11:35 PM, peter219 said:

Hi all,

I'm a new.

Because the pending security check so I just got CC 9 May 2018, my PD is 12 Feb 2016. Anybody know when I get the Interview letter. Thanks

Call NVC and request an interview, your PD is current, and the sooner you call, the sooner you will have an interview date. Start looking where you can get the medical in your country, and Good Luck!!!

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

Hi everyone. Just wanted to update you all on my interview experience.
PD: June 8, 2016
Approval: May 9, 2017
CC: Dec 15, 2017
Case updated to CR 1 / IR 1: March 23, 2018
Interview: May 21, 2018

Questions asked:
01. Name, age, profession
02. Visa status in UAE, job title
03. Original birth certificate with translation
04. Original marriage certificate - church and government
05. Wedding album
06. Photo collages - various occasions with members of both families, honeymoon, holidays etc
07. Air tickets to visit each other
08. Petitioner W2-IRS 2017
09. Petitioner Naturalization certificate copy & US passport copy
10. Platforms of communication with spouse & inlaws - Skype, WhatsApp, T-Mobile, Vonage printouts
11. Petitioner salary certificate/employee letter
12. Police clearance certificates from each country I stayed
13. Previous B1/B2 visa copy and application
14. Recent 2" x 2" photos - 2 copies
15. Recent passport copy

I had also taken wedding ring bills, the reception bill for catering and venue & actual wedding invitation which she just glanced at.

I made a list of documents & set out my folders accordingly. I put little post-its on all the documents with my full name & case number. The officer was very pleased that I was well organized & thanked me for it. She returned some old documents that were on the file with them and took copies of recent documents. And then she congratulated me & said I'm approved!! All by the grace of God.I thank everyone on the group for being a support at various stages. Hope you all get through soon. Good luck and God bless you all!! 😊😊

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, remyfk said:

Questions asked:
05. Wedding album
06. Photo collages - various occasions with members of both families, honeymoon, holidays etc
10. Platforms of communication with spouse & inlaws - Skype, WhatsApp, T-Mobile, Vonage printouts
15. Recent passport copy

I had also taken wedding ring bills, the reception bill for catering and venue & actual wedding invitation which she just glanced at.

I made a list of documents & set out my folders accordingly. I put little post-its on all the documents with my full name & case number. The officer was very pleased that I was well organized & thanked me for it. She returned some old documents that were on the file with them and took copies of recent documents. And then she congratulated me & said I'm approved!! All by the grace of God.I thank everyone on the group for being a support at various stages. Hope you all get through soon. Good luck and God bless you all!! 😊😊

Congratulations!

5 hours ago, remyfk said:

Questions asked:
05. Wedding album
15. Recent passport copy

I'm so happy for you. Congratulations! Enjoy your time together! 

@Gamboli @Ivy25 Thank you...by the way...I received my passport and sealed packet from embassy today. Do you know where & when I have to pay the green card fees? I'm only travelling by 3rd week of July...

10 hours ago, remyfk said:

@Gamboli @Ivy25 Thank you...by the way...I received my passport and sealed packet from embassy today. Do you know where & when I have to pay the green card fees? I'm only travelling by 3rd week of July...

I believe you should have received a package with instruction to go on the USICIS website, enter your Alien number and then make a payment. I'm surprised that they didn't provide you with that after your interview?

Don't open anything that is sealed by the way (just in case), the instruction is just a piece of paper usually (attached to your passport). You could also get your Alien number from the visa on your passport.

Also about making the payment, you could pay it once you arrive as well. I don't think they will process it prior to your arrival. Once you arrive in the US you're basically "activating" your Greencard.

Edited by Gamboli

On 5/27/2018 at 1:08 PM, remyfk said:

You can find all the answers regarding to USCIS Immigrant Fee (Green card fee) here 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/F4en.pdf

You should receive an Immigrant Data Summary sheet including Alien Registration Number (A-Number) and DOS Case ID , along with your passport and sealed packet, to pay the fee. However, it seems that they forgot to include it. You can call the Embassy to ask about it. Or you can wait until you go to the US, and then go to the USCIS office in US to pay the fee directly (bring along your passport).

Paying the fee before travelling to US is recommended, however, you can pay it later after arriving the US. 

DO NOT OPEN the sealed packet in any case.

Edited by Triple28

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.