1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Jose Michelena said:

Hello guys today they updated my case. It change from received to request for additional evidence.

PD OCTOBER 13, 2016.

Congrats, at least you know they work on it.

This could mean that you get a RFE in mail. Make sure you check for mail and if you dont receive any, call them.

There have been cases where the mail did not arrive and the applicant missed the timeline for answering.

Is there anything you could have forgotten to add to the petition documents?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

Congrats, at least you know they work on it.

This could mean that you get a RFE in mail. Make sure you check for mail and if you dont receive any, call them.

There have been cases where the mail did not arrive and the applicant missed the timeline for answering.

Is there anything you could have forgotten to add to the petition documents?

Yeah I know. I already told my wife to check the mail this next days. I hope the mail come soon and we can know what are they asking for.

We send everything I think, but they may be lost something and know they are asking for it.

I m going to keep u guys inform. Thanks and good luck to u.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi Jose, 

As I know, this process is very subjective and they request extra information to some people independently that everybody sent the same information. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
50 minutes ago, adnanamjad1 said:

How soon do yall think that one should expect an email or WL from NVC after having your case approved?

PD- 10/11/2016

NOA2- 10/10/2017

Any idea??

Thanks much!!

when the date reaches in https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin.html

I got email after 11 months

F2A 01NOV16

that where they at right now 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, cd37 said:

Hey guys,

I got an update on my case on oct 27. Case status changed to "Name was updated" and also got email stating case is in initial review. Hopefully a good news in coming days.

That is interesting. Others just get the result of the review but you got the information that they started.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

That's what i got from the Senator's office after all.

I received a response from the California Service Center regarding the I-130 you filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on behalf of your Spouse.

My Congressional Liaison informed me that upon receiving our Congressional Inquiry, the adjudications unit was contacted and learned your case is pending review and you should receive a notice of action on this case within 45-60 days.  I was advised to contact them again if the timeframe has expired and you have not received a notice of action* from USCIS. 

@Michael2017

Maybe cd37 had a name changed ( same here due to the name change) online status said:

Name Was Updated

On October 11, 2017, we updated your name for your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number WAC**********

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Email from USCIS after the Inquiry:

What Our Records Show
We have updated your relative petition to reflect that you are now a U.S. citizen. As a result, your petition has moved to a new visa category for an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen. This category does not have numerical restrictions, and a visa is immediately available from the U.S. Department of State. 

Your case is now being processed.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi 

PD is May 19 2016, filling date is current and I received the letter with my case number and invoice number 2 weeks ago. Is it normal that 
it will not let me pay the fees yet to then go on to complete DS 260? 

Thank you 

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Colorado2016 said:

What Our Records Show
We have updated your relative petition to reflect that you are now a U.S. citizen. As a result, your petition has moved to a new visa category for an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen. This category does not have numerical restrictions, and a visa is immediately available from the U.S. Department of State. 

You are correct I just called USCIS and confirmed that it was because application was upgraded and also recieved fingerprints appt this evening for i 485. Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Colorado2016 said:

What Our Records Show

How long before you got the reply? I submitted an inquiry also last oct 20.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.