1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovakia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Michael2017 said:

Just a heads up, the Visa Bulletin will again only move  3 weeks forward. Terrible, on the beginning of the year we expected better movement...

Looks like F2A is moving to a longer processing time as it was in the near past.

Yes Michael, you are right, very frustrating. I was hoping my husband's interview would by by Jan, but looking at the movement, it might move even to May! (PD April 4). Let's hope for the better next month's movement.

Hello. 

I am fairly new to this forum and did want to ask couple of questions. Me and my brother we live in USA and a green card holders, on 2nd OCT 2016 i filed form i-130 with all the required documents for my wife who is currenlty living in Pakistan. I received an email on 13th OCT 2016 says"USCIS ACCEPTANCE CONFIRMATION" Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number xxxxxxxxx. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

I waited 15 days but didn't receivce anything then i checked my case status and it says "Document Was Returned To USCIS. On November 4, 2016, the Post Office returned your document to us. We will hold your document for 180 days or until May 3, 2017. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the document to you. If you do not submit an online request by May 3, 2017, we will destroy your document and you will need to file a new Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, with fee. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I contacted them and requested the form to be sent out again and on November 23rd 2016 i was able to receive the form I-797 that had the details of the payment and documents that i submitted to USCIS.

On the other hand my brother submitted the same documents for his wife a week before me and he didn't have any issues. His documents were accepted and he didn't have to contact them.

Since ever i have received a last item in mail by USCIS i have not heard anything back form them and my case status still shows the same that my document was returned. But! 3 weeks a ago my brother receives a letter from USCIS by mail says" your case has been approved and it is now directed to NVC, after couple of days he receives an email from NVC says that they have received his case and they have given him the case number and USCIS account number and all and then after couple of days he receives another email from NVC in which they want him to submit some pieces of documents which includes police report for his wife, Tax return, affidavit of support etc and once all these documents are submitted to NVC and accepted then they will go ahead and schedule a time for interview for his wife at American embassy Islamabad Pakistan"

Now I have not received anything from USCIS so far  not even approval letter or anything. There is not much of time difference between when we both filed our form i-130's. I was wondering that what step should i take at this point? Should i continue waiting or should i contact USCIS? I am not sure what to do and i am so worried about it. If anyone can suggest anything who has the same experience then it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the long note i thought details will help understand the scenario.

Filed: Timeline
20 hours ago, adnanamjad1 said:

Hello. 

I am fairly new to this forum and did want to ask couple of questions. Me and my brother we live in USA and a green card holders, on 2nd OCT 2016 i filed form i-130 with all the required documents for my wife who is currenlty living in Pakistan. I received an email on 13th OCT 2016 says"USCIS ACCEPTANCE CONFIRMATION" Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number xxxxxxxxx. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

I waited 15 days but didn't receivce anything then i checked my case status and it says "Document Was Returned To USCIS. On November 4, 2016, the Post Office returned your document to us. We will hold your document for 180 days or until May 3, 2017. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the document to you. If you do not submit an online request by May 3, 2017, we will destroy your document and you will need to file a new Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, with fee. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I contacted them and requested the form to be sent out again and on November 23rd 2016 i was able to receive the form I-797 that had the details of the payment and documents that i submitted to USCIS.

On the other hand my brother submitted the same documents for his wife a week before me and he didn't have any issues. His documents were accepted and he didn't have to contact them.

Since ever i have received a last item in mail by USCIS i have not heard anything back form them and my case status still shows the same that my document was returned. But! 3 weeks a ago my brother receives a letter from USCIS by mail says" your case has been approved and it is now directed to NVC, after couple of days he receives an email from NVC says that they have received his case and they have given him the case number and USCIS account number and all and then after couple of days he receives another email from NVC in which they want him to submit some pieces of documents which includes police report for his wife, Tax return, affidavit of support etc and once all these documents are submitted to NVC and accepted then they will go ahead and schedule a time for interview for his wife at American embassy Islamabad Pakistan"

Now I have not received anything from USCIS so far  not even approval letter or anything. There is not much of time difference between when we both filed our form i-130's. I was wondering that what step should i take at this point? Should i continue waiting or should i contact USCIS? I am not sure what to do and i am so worried about it. If anyone can suggest anything who has the same experience then it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the long note i thought details will help understand the scenario.

You should contact USCIS at their customer service phone number and request them to resend the I-130 package back to you. Then check for why the package was not accepted, may be you forget to sign or something.  Once your package is complete, resend it back.

2 minutes ago, L0bster00 said:

You should contact USCIS at their customer service phone number and request them to resend the I-130 package back to you. Then check for why the package was not accepted, may be you forget to sign or something.  Once your package is complete, resend it back.

I have already called them twice this year and customer service reps at USCIS really didn't have any answer for me. They were just reading out the same thing that i was able to pull up online. After my last inquiry with USCIS this is what i received "

On July 14, 2017, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-130 to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

The processing of your I-130 is within our current processing time. Please see our Web site at www.uscis.gov for processing times. 

We have updated your address in our electronic system with the new information you gave during your call.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience."

Since then, nothing so far. Thoughts, suggestions on this?

Thanks for the prompt response though.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Singapore
Timeline
On 12/27/2016 at 11:57 PM, bittersweetmk said:

Hi everyone. I really need your help about something. I received an email from NVC with the subject P3AU ENGLISH FOR NEOPOST DS-1200.

The email states a new case number and the info that the NVC received my petition but it is not currently eligible for further processing because of the annual visa limit.

My questions are:

1. Did you receive an email like this? Is this the welcome letter?

2. Do I still call NVC for the invoice number?

3. Do I wait for them to request other documents? What is the next step?

I’m really sorry for asking a lot of questions. I just want to be sure.

Hello, I receivedthe same thing.. 

Hello everyone, my case was approved from USCIS and now at NVC.. i received my case number but no invoice number and the letter states: "However,  your  case  is  not currently  eligible  for  further  processing  because  there  is  an  annual  limit  on  the  number  of  immigrant  visas  that the  Department  of  State  can  issue.  For  some  visa  categories,  the  wait  could  be  many  years" as it's f2A category.

My wife was previously pregnant and we lost the baby due to several complication. She is currently pregnant and started complaining those issue and our country wss affected by mudslide. 

Is their anything I can do to speed up the process? 

Filed: Timeline
On 10/3/2017 at 4:39 AM, AnnaMBoros said:

Yes Michael, you are right, very frustrating. I was hoping my husband's interview would by by Jan, but looking at the movement, it might move even to May! (PD April 4). Let's hope for the better next month's movement.

My case PD = Jan 20th, 2016 & the case is completed w/o checklist as well.

I am wondering how the interview set up works for our situation (case completed before PD becomes current; current PD is Oct 22, 2015).

Will they notify us the interview appointment one month before the PD becomes current & of course the actual interview date will be after the PD becomes current (after Jan 20th, 2016 for my case & after April 4th, 2016 for your case). This would be the best scenario for us.

Or they will start to set up the interview appointment ONLY after the PD becomes current.

If anyone had ever been thru. this experience,  please advise...TIA!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovakia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Fsearch said:

My case PD = Jan 20th, 2016 & the case is completed w/o checklist as well.

I am wondering how the interview set up works for our situation (case completed before PD becomes current; current PD is Oct 22, 2015).

Will they notify us the interview appointment one month before the PD becomes current & of course the actual interview date will be after the PD becomes current (after Jan 20th, 2016 for my case & after April 4th, 2016 for your case). This would be the best scenario for us.

Or they will start to set up the interview appointment ONLY after the PD becomes current.

If anyone had ever been thru. this experience,  please advise...TIA!

Hi;

Yes, they will notify you about 4-5 weeks prior to the PD becoming current - so you will have time to schedule your medical. The actual interview date will be after the PD becomes current.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hey guys,

My PD is May 31 2016, i heard people with PD 20 may already received their welcome letter 2 weeks ago, but i didn't receive it yet, should i call them?

i've got the invoice number on the phone but on the CEAC website it says the case is not eligible yet,

anybody knows how often NVC send out welcome letters?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

13 hours ago, shariati said:

Hey guys,

My PD is May 31 2016, i heard people with PD 20 may already received their welcome letter 2 weeks ago, but i didn't receive it yet, should i call them?

i've got the invoice number on the phone but on the CEAC website it says the case is not eligible yet,

anybody knows how often NVC send out welcome letters?

My PD is april 14 2016, and I havent received the WL, i saw people with pd in august received already, i was worried but today i was able to fill DS 261 :D, just wait and check every day on the CEAC website.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:08 PM, Michael2017 said:

Just a heads up, the Visa Bulletin will again only move  3 weeks forward. Terrible, on the beginning of the year we expected better movement...

Looks like F2A is moving to a longer processing time as it was in the near past.

In another group that I belong too, many people received interviews until November 15 so this date will be  for the next bulletin. It is very sad for those who wait for the process to see the processing time at the moment is already 2 years and a little more if your PD is after the 22nd is month more.

Edited by Alexandra81

Filed: IR-2 Country: Singapore
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mustita said:

My PD is april 14 2016, and I havent received the WL, i saw people with pd in august received already, i was worried but today i was able to fill DS 261 :D, just wait and check every day on the CEAC website.

Hi Mustita, how long did you wait after the approval of I-130 up to this time. With your PD, is it 1yr or more than that? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

PD July 5, 2016, I still haven't received the WL as well but I was able to access CEAC this morning and fill DS-261 (Choice of Agent). I hope we all keep in touch for the next step. :) 

OUR STORY

November 25, 2012: We started our relationship. He was my college classmate back then.

September 16, 2013: He went back to USA and because we really love each other, we gave our long distance relationship a shot.

August 25, 2015: He decided to fly back for a 2-week surprise vacation just to visit me where he proposed and we got engaged.

May 8, 2016: We finally got married! 

USCIS

July 3, 2016: Filed I-130 for LPR Spouse

July 5, 2016: NOA1 (priority date)

October 20, 2016: I-130 got approved

NVC

November 17, 2016: NVC received our case and assigned to us the case number via email

February 11, 2017: NVC assigned to us the Invoice ID number and the Beneficiary Number via email

October 7, 2017: Accessed CEAC and submitted DS-261

October 10, 2017: Received welcome letter and AOS invoice via email

October 11, 2017: Paid AOS fee

October 19, 2017: Received IV invoice via email

October 20, 2017: Paid IV fee

October 26, 2017: Submitted DS-260 (IV Online Application Form)

October 27, 2017: Sent AOS & IV Packet to NVC

October 30, 2017: Scan Date

December 14, 2017: Received Case Complete letter thru email

June 6-7, 2018: Completed my advanced SLEC Medical Exam 

August 2, 2018: Interview (Approved)

Good morning everyone.. im ready to send the package with the supporting documents for my wife and daughter but I want to make sure I do it right. Im a permanent resident filling for my wife in the Dominican Republic. We do have a daughter who will be receiving a green card through her mother in the same process. Is there anyone familiar with the process that I could ask a few questions to?

Thanks in advance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.