1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My PD 29 Sep. 2016, got NOA2 1 Sep 2017, I am F2A category living in the States as F1 visa tell getting my green card

What is the benefit that chart B moves 8 months, and does this mean that I can apply for work permit as soon as I receive the WL? little bit confused what to do next step.

Thanks

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, f.g said:

My PD 29 Sep. 2016, got NOA2 1 Sep 2017, I am F2A category living in the States as F1 visa tell getting my green card

What is the benefit that chart B moves 8 months, and does this mean that I can apply for work permit as soon as I receive the WL? little bit confused what to do next step.

Thanks

Same here, I believe you don't even need to wait for WL, on my I-130 approval it says to file when the date is current. You can file the rest of your AOS package including work or travel permit. 

8 hours ago, f.g said:

Thanks

Be sure to check if in USCIS website you can use Chart B. Yes, you can apply I-485, work & travel permit using this chart. I applied too last year around October 2016. see my signature below

I-130

08/20/2015: I-130 package sent  (Priority Date)

12/30/2015: 1-130 Approved

06/01/2016: Welcome Letter

I-485/I-765/I-131

10/28/2016: AOS Application Package Sent to Chicago (UPS)
10/31/2016: AOS Package Delivered
11/15/2016: E-Notifications received
11/21/2016: NOA received in mail

11/28/2016: Biometrics Appointment Letter received

12/07/2016: Bio metrics Appointment

01/22/2017: EAD is being produced (118 days)

07/03/2017: Interview is Scheduled

08/07/2017: Interview Day

08/08/2017: I-485 approval letter mailed

08/10/2017: permanent resident card mailed

08/14/2017: Received permanent resident card (almost 2 years journey)

Look like USCIS decides to choose Chart B for October (11/1/2016), my PD is 04/11/2016. Does that mean i can submit I-485 to change my status in October? and the process would take around 4-6 months to receive GC or they still have to follow Chart A to determine when they are working on your I-485?

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Tara elias said:

Guys so there is an update on uscis website 

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

where did our i130 for f2a go ?

I hope they havent removed f2a category lol.....seems like csc may be planning for work load trasnfer to somewhere else. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Tara elias said:

Guys so there is an update on uscis website 

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

where did our i130 for f2a go ?

I noticed that too. They messed it up. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Tdiep said:

I noticed that too. They messed it up. 

Let's hope they fix it and we hear some good news the next couple of days.🙌🏻

anyone who has been waiting for more than 9 months , should make an inquiry as out of normal processing time.

I did it on the website and it sent me an expectant date of reply in 30 days

MY PD is Nov 18.2016

Edited by Tara elias

Timeline
Just now, Tara elias said:

Let's hope they fix it and we hear some good news the next couple of days.🙌🏻

anyone who has been waiting for more than 9 months , should make an inquiry as out of normal processing time.

I did it on the website and it sent me an expectant date of reply in 30 days

MY PD is Nov 18.2016

If you check the other service center, they do have F2A processing time. They will fix it soon. This is not the first time they make mistake. 

Timeline
Just now, Tdiep said:

If you check the other service center, they do have F2A processing time. They will fix it soon. This is not the first time they make mistake. 

They gave me a minor heart attack 😅 

Thank you that is a relief to hear it happened before .

Timeline
Just now, MessiFcb10 said:

I try to enter this website: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do but nothing happens.. 

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

try this

or just google csc processing dates

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
Just now, Tara elias said:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

try this

or just google csc processing dates

that one works, thanks, is the first time I see this website.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.