2,670 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, Ashley Scott said:

It's really hard missing special events/holidays.  We were lucky to get to spend Christmas and the New Year together but we too will be missing another birthday (his is beginning of April).  We are really hoping that we will get our NOA2 as a birthday gift this year! haha. 

I am following the new November thread.  It is a lot of positive right now which helps make the wait a little better.  It is exciting to see all of the November filers getting approvals!  What is your NOA1 date?  I can't wait to see some approvals from December.  Looks like we are starting to get close!  (We are a late December filer but our receipt date is Jan 5 so we still have a little while to go :()

Yeah we were lucky I was out from October 16 to January this year so we got thanksgiving, Christmas and new year so I'd was amazing to spend 90 days with Amanda. But yet it was hard to leave and missing Valentine's and her birthday next Friday sucks for sure :( 

we we have a uscis received date of 13/12/16 and an NOA1 recipet date of 17/12/16. So based on approval average days I'm putting our approval between 24/2/17 (70days) and 15/3/17 brings us to 85 days! I'm preparing for those goal posts to be moved slightly but looking at last nights November approvals they seems to be focused on the end. So ?:D 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

To December fillers,have you guys received noa2 or are you still awaiting it,what seems to be the hold up.

We applied in December received our noa1 within same week it's almost been 2 and a half months now and we are getting worried.

Please help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You are right on track. I sent the packet at the beginning of Dec, received the NOA1 and now I'm playing the waiting game. I would suggest following the November filers. They post a daily progress report to give you a rough idea. Some people have waited over 100 days. This will teach you patience. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kevin&Kanyanat said:

You are right on track. I sent the packet at the beginning of Dec, received the NOA1 and now I'm playing the waiting game. I would suggest following the November filers. They post a daily progress report to give you a rough idea. Some people have waited over 100 days. This will teach you patience. 

Thank you so much.its been almost 5 months since I've last seen my fiance and each and everyday gets harder,missing your SO.

I guess patience is all we have to have now as I've seen that most DEC fillers are also awaiting there noa1 ahhh this sucks big time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ok folks, so my NVC status says READY for interview, but I still have not received anything or package 3-4  from the embassy. Does it mean we can go ahead and schedule and interview or just wait to recieve the packages ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, fadaphii said:

Ok folks, so my NVC status says READY for interview, but I still have not received anything or package 3-4  from the embassy. Does it mean we can go ahead and schedule and interview or just wait to recieve the packages ?

So means you already got NOA2???

What did you do to get that with filing in December? Most of November filers are still waiting ...

On 2/19/2017 at 5:30 AM, kurt&eva said:

To December fillers,have you guys received noa2 or are you still awaiting it,what seems to be the hold up.

We applied in December received our noa1 within same week it's almost been 2 and a half months now and we are getting worried.

Please help

I don't think you should be worried. USCIS is still working on mid to later NOVEMBER files

Edited by Selma and Nermin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, I've been doing a little bit of late research on this site. I noticed that the guide to an I-129f on this site shows that a cover letter should be provided. I don't believe this will be something that would cause an RFE, but I regret not completing that. Anyways, I see that proof of relationship includes photos. I did not provide any photos with my packet. We do have a daughter who is listed on the form, but I doubt they'll take that into consideration. Could anybody tell me if this will cause a likely RFE?

I didn't make copies of the complete packet because I didn't know about this site beforehand and I think I can do everything on my own... no issues there, I'm sure it's easily replicated. Just wish this process was a little quicker so I didn't have too much time to think about it. Thanks for any replies in advance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello PeopleB-)  This is my  first Post here.  I guess I'm a Dec Filer - I  sent the old fee amount and then resent another 129f on Jan 24.  We got our NOA1 a few days later. Sent to California SC.  Requesting interview in Singapore.  I don't expect any RFE's yet.  She is from PRC but lives in Singapore our primary concerns are: The CNCC/COC requirement (she may need  to go to PRC to get), and; Income  We will document  >100% but <125% &  show joint assets >5x the difference  and/or  my US assets >3x the difference. I can't seem to get a clear answer on that.  Best I found is that it's discretionary for the CO doing the Interview. 

On 2/19/2017 at 5:30 AM, kurt&eva said:

Please help

I have no yet. I am december 8 NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, PRC Rabbit said:

Hello PeopleB-)  This is my  first Post here.  I guess I'm a Dec Filer - I  sent the old fee amount and then resent another 129f on Jan 24.  We got our NOA1 a few days later. Sent to California SC.  Requesting interview in Singapore.  I don't expect any RFE's yet.  She is from PRC but lives in Singapore our primary concerns are: The CNCC/COC requirement (she may need  to go to PRC to get), and; Income  We will document  >100% but <125% &  show joint assets >5x the difference  and/or  my US assets >3x the difference. I can't seem to get a clear answer on that.  Best I found is that it's discretionary for the CO doing the Interview. 

Hi PRC Rabbit! My fiancé is a filipina working in Singapore too. Most countries have a way to get your clearances without going home and if there is no way to get it you may not be required too. There is a list at the USCIS website that lists the countries that don't issue police clearances. The income requirement is based on yours only and the joint assets might not be counted but you're over anyways so it shouldn't be a big deal.  The US consulate in Singapore is my choice too because it is not as busy as the Manila embassy and hopefully will process our cases faster. I'm curious about why you had to resend your application. If it was post marked before Dec 23rd the old fee applies. Best of luck! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/19/2017 at 6:30 AM, kurt&eva said:

Please help

Nothing as of yet. File received December 6th. Im hoping by march 1st to hear something. It would be a great birthday present for both of us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Good morning everyone.  :)  I have a random question... Hopefully one someone here can answer. ha.  Which date do we go on when if comes to counting how long our case is being processed?  Our NOA1 date is Jan 5 so that puts us at 47 days since then but when I get on the app to track our case it says 62 days active (our receive date was Dec 23).  Not sure which one of these I should be using when it comes to our "wait time". lol.

Thanks in advance!

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

12/21/16 - I-129f packet sent to Texas

12/23/16 - I-129f packet received

1/5/17- NOA1 receipt date

1/10/17 - NOA1 Hardcopy received

16 minutes ago, Ashley Scott said:

Good morning everyone.  :)  I have a random question... Hopefully one someone here can answer. ha.  Which date do we go on when if comes to counting how long our case is being processed?  Our NOA1 date is Jan 5 so that puts us at 47 days since then but when I get on the app to track our case it says 62 days active (our receive date was Dec 23).  Not sure which one of these I should be using when it comes to our "wait time". lol.

Thanks in advance!

It's a tricky one that nobody seems to know the true answer to. I can say that the date used on your VisaJourney timeline should be your NOA-1 notice date, that's listed on your hard copy. However, the scans that users do on here and on apps use the receipt date, I think.

25 Jan: I-129F Sent from Berlin | 27 Jan: NOA-1 | 01 May: RFE19 May: NOA-2

03 Jun: NVC Received | 20 Jun: NVC Issued Case Number | 23 Jun: Case Ready 

29 Jun: Medical | 03 Jul: Packet 3 received & sent | 13 Jul: Interview | 20 Jul: Visa In Hand

07 Aug: POE | 06 Sep: AOS Sent | 15 Sep: NOA-1 | 15 Oct: RFE | 29 Nov: EAD/AP/AOS NOA-2 | 06 Dec: EAD/AP In Hand

02 Jan: AOS Interview | 08 Jan: GC Received

04 Oct: I-751 Filed | 10 Oct: GC Extended

18 Aug: I-751 Approved | 04 Oct: N-400 Window Open + Filed

18 Apr: Biometrics Reuse | 14 Jun: Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
6 minutes ago, glmg21 said:

It's a tricky one that nobody seems to know the true answer to. I can say that the date used on your VisaJourney timeline should be your NOA-1 notice date, that's listed on your hard copy. However, the scans that users do on here and on apps use the receipt date, I think.

Thank you.  I have been kind of going by the NOA1 date just because it keeps the wait a little more realistic but it definitely looks better when I look at the receipt date. haha.   

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

12/21/16 - I-129f packet sent to Texas

12/23/16 - I-129f packet received

1/5/17- NOA1 receipt date

1/10/17 - NOA1 Hardcopy received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.