duckhunter1

Fiance abandoned me

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Beware all of you folks on here petitioning gals from overseas. I've heard about this type of scam but I've not experienced it until now. My Filipina fiancé arrived in August 2016 and was with me for about a month. She disappeared on me, packed her bags with passport and all. She was gone one day when I got home from work. This really stinks. My suspicion is that she's in the States with a relative which I heard her speak of once. Location unknown. Or she's with another guy. Whatever the case may be.... just because you sponsor someone and they get on an airplane doesn't mean they are coming to be with you. They might well be using you!

Some of you will ask....what about a police report....yes I filed one. What are they going to do? Nothing. And yes, I contacted ICE and USCIS to let them know. And yes I retracted my I-134 based on her abandonment of me although I'm not certain I needed to do that.

This stinks!

Sorry that happened to you Man. There are no guarantees but some red flags.People from some countries come up with more fraudulent means than other. i came from a so called high fraud country myself.emotionally, you will have to let go of it.sorry again.Hope you find love again.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

were the one in 2015 also from Philippines ? At this point if i were you id just stick to being single for awhile , maybe then find happiness with someone in the states

Filed: Timeline

It isn't a matter of time. I suspect your approach is wrong here. Why the Philippines? What are you looking for in a wife? Why are you so desperate to have one that you can easily move from one foreign woman to the next and to another? They are freaking human beings not a new brand of cheese that you are trying.

I think you've really got to ask yourself what is going on in your own life that is making you such an easy target and maybe just work on being happy being single for a while.

I will approach my quest for companionship at a method of my own choosing pal. ok? It's really not your business I'm just seeking support but I guess the world is too cruel for that.

Why not listen without snarky replies? Clearly something is not working out for you. Date locally. There are a ton of Pinay right here in the US. Many of them scam and tampo free. Find one at zero expense.

I've never seen any single Filipinas where I live. Not even any foreign single women either.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.