Mni432

Offical passport for spouse visa

86 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm a Bangladeshi and My fiance live in USA with a 10 years green card from dec 2006. We know each other by Facebook since December 2015 and she met me May 2016 at Bangladesh. She's 7 years older than me and recently have divorced. so now she want to bring me in USA, for this reason we want get married soon. But I'm afraid for some issues :

1. I work in Bangladesh police department from 2011, as a government servent I've a Official passport. Can I get spouse visa with official passport?

N.B: I don't wana leave my job before approve U.S visa.

2. We want marry without our family acknowledge, will it make any problem for visa approve?

3. She's older then me and divorced in August 2016, Will it make any trouble?

we love each other too much, everyday we talk minimum 5hours by whatsapp. really we wana live together rest of our life. please anybody give me effective answer which is similar for Bangladesh U.S embassy.

*~*~*moved to "bringing family members of permanent residents"*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

She only got divorced a couple of weeks ago? That's going to be a huge problem for you.

Why are you getting married in secret without your family knowing about it? Getting married is supposed to be the happiest event in your life so far. Why wouldn't you want to share that happiness with your family?

I hate to see it but it's not looking good for you at the moment.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

She only got divorced a couple of weeks ago? That's going to be a huge problem for you.

Why are you getting married in secret without your family knowing about it? Getting married is supposed to be the happiest event in your life so far. Why wouldn't you want to share that happiness with your family?

I hate to see it but it's not looking good for you at the moment.

So How many weeks later should we get marry??

Our family is not agree with our relationship because of our Age difference because in Bangladeshi culture it's rare, So we're enough adult to make our own decision. Now we decided we will marry without our family permission and without any party :protest: . But i need to know will it make any problem for visa approve?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You have Red Flags in your case.It is very uncommon for a Bangladeshi man to marry a woman older than him. Secondly she just got divorced.I suggest you hire a Immigration Attorney and take his advice.You will get different advises over here.It's better to hire a Immigration Attorney if your case has red flags.Best of luck.

You have Red Flags in your case.It is very uncommon for a Bangladeshi man to marry a woman older than him. Secondly she just got divorced.I suggest you hire a Immigration Attorney and take his advice.You will get different advises over here.It's better to hire a Immigration Attorney if your case has red flags.Best of luck.

where I have to hire attorney, in Bangladesh or U.S?

You will NOT get an immigrant visa in an official (work) passport. Get a regular tourist one.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

A US attorney would probably be better, but I am not convinced you need one. What you need to to is lessen the red flags, by having a longer relationship, meet again, and wait some before petitioning, as well as telling your families.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

You will NOT get an immigrant visa in an official (work) passport. Get a regular tourist one.

As a Government employee at Bangladesh i deserve a official passport, if i want to get a Ordinary/general passport i've to get it in a fraud way.

So what should i do now??

Should i leave my job for get an general passport or should i hide about my job?

is Bangladesh U.S Embassy CO will ask me about my job, When i'll appear in interview?

But i afraid to leave my job before U.S visa approve because in Bangladesh U.S visa approval rate so low.

I'm getting frustrated about this issue.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As a Government employee at Bangladesh i deserve a official passport, if i want to get a Ordinary/general passport i've to get it in a fraud way.

Should i leave my job for get an general passport or should i hide about my job?

is Bangladesh U.S Embassy CO will ask me about my job, When i'll appear in interview?

But i afraid to leave my job before U.S visa approve because in Bangladesh U.S visa approval rate so low.

Can you not get a personal passport?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You should contact the local US embassy and ask them about this, or wait for some VJ members with local experience to you. Most countries only have one kind of passport, the one to travel. Can you travel on vacation on your official passport? What is rthe difference, other than it is issued to a government employee?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

You should contact the local US embassy and ask them about this, or wait for some VJ members with local experience to you. Most countries only have one kind of passport, the one to travel. Can you travel on vacation on your official passport? What is rthe difference, other than it is issued to a government employee?

if I want to travel by my official passport then I need to government order for international travel and permitted leave order.

Definitely do not hide your job or any other facts from anyone involved in immigration. Be truthful about everything. Always.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Aren't you the guy that thinks your fiance was demoted to Greencard after a divorce?

If you need an exit visa or permission yo emigrate then you need that permission. Or quit your job.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.