Mni432

Offical passport for spouse visa

86 posts in this topic

Well it wouldnt be government :o or then it would defeat the purpose.

Of hetting a job maling money while turning in official passport and acquiring a civilian one.

:blink:

I don't understand, what you say?

OK, yes. I was brain dead and missed the second part. The divorce in August 2016 is a huge problem. I agree with you.

So how many weeks later should we marry? Edited by mithukhan432

:wow:

omg!!!

:no:

I dont know now how to explain will someone else care to explain this to him.

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

I am older than my USC fiancé and my divorce was finalized after I met him. Not once has this even been mentioned in the process, just saying. Now, with that said, if there are ON TOP of this other flags... might not have been so.

glad to hear that about you and your fiance case but in Bangladeshi culture is very rare to marry a girl older than guy that's why I'm afraid. please pray for me.

glad to hear that about you and your fiance case but in Bangladeshi culture is very rare to marry a girl older than guy that's why I'm afraid. please pray for me.

I was simply saying that those two things ALONE do not have to be an issue, but you have other problems so I see. Yes Good Luck to you, take the advice of the people here and ALWAYS be TRUTHFUL or you will probably have a very bad experience.

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Filed: Timeline

So how many weeks later should we marry?

Weeks? I would say a year with multiple visits to each other. I know that is not what you wanted to hear but please read other threads that talk about short time relationships. We all want to be with our fiancee's or spouses as quickly as possible but we all have to go through the same process and wait. The average time for a K-1 Visa is 6-8 months. A CR-1 is a year. You can file a K-1 one now since you are both free to marry. Your other thread seems like she is not a USC but a LPR with a green card. If she is not a USC then you can't file a K-1.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/fiance-marriage-visa-book/chapter6-1.html

I was simply saying that those two things ALONE do not have to be an issue, but you have other problems so I see. Yes Good Luck to you, take the advice of the people here and ALWAYS be TRUTHFUL or you will probably have a very bad experience.

Thank you. I'll be truthful forever

Weeks? I would say a year with multiple visits to each other. I know that is not what you wanted to hear but please read other threads that talk about short time relationships. We all want to be with our fiancee's or spouses as quickly as possible but we all have to go through the same process and wait. The average time for a K-1 Visa is 6-8 months. A CR-1 is a year. You can file a K-1 one now since you are both free to marry. Your other thread seems like she is not a USC but a LPR with a green card. If she is not a USC then you can't file a K-1.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/fiance-marriage-visa-book/chapter6-1.html

yes you're right she can't file a k1 now and from Bangladesh k1 visa success rate also very low. But my gf applied for citizen already if she get it then might be file a k1. can u help me by telling what is the requirements for k1 visa?

I am older than my USC fiancé and my divorce was finalized after I met him. Not once has this even been mentioned in the process, just saying. Now, with that said, if there are ON TOP of this other flags... might not have been so.

The US gov applies a "reasonable person standard" to their applications. For most western countries, a woman being older and divorced is not a big deal at all. It's not even worth thinking about. It's totally reasonable in that context.

But in other traditional countries, it is unheard of. Such a marriage would never ever happen. So, if an unusual marriage happens, often times the reason is because a visa is involved (and the marriage is just a scam to get out of the country). This OP doesn't want to tell his family about the marriage because he is ashamed of it.

Each person gets a chance to explain their unique case, and sometimes it is just a nontraditional family in a traditional place and the marriage makes sense. But sometimes there is no other reason a nontraditional marriage would take place except to get to the US (or somewhere).

All advice I give is individual, not blanket advice. If you had asked if would have been a problem, I would have said no.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Being a usc is one.

Being free to marry.

Having met in the last two years is the other.

You have none above are just some of the things (most important at that)

PS BANGALI embassy no joke you better get your stories straight and have her meet your mom!!

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

This OP doesn't want to tell his family about the marriage because he is ashamed of it.

I will tell my family but I'm sure they won't agree so I'll marry without family. I'm an adult so I can make my own decision.

I will tell my family but I'm sure they won't agree so I'll marry without family. I'm an adult so I can make my own decision.

Okay. :thumbs:

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you. you're right i have to leave my job when i approve with us visa.

As i know i have to show my passport in interview session and then the embassy officials if want he will send my case in Administrative process. if in interview session i tell the CO that if he approve my visa i'll leave my job and i'll make a general passport. Will it good for me?

Goodness can't believe this thread is filling up my inbox and still you aren't getting it. You are making this way harder than need be, Stressin over a passport when you need to work on relationship matters.

The passport issue really is no issue. Your passport is not needed until interview (if you do a K1) or NVC if you are married.

Use your government passport all the way through up to the interview. If approved ask for it back tell them the situation how you have to get a regular one. You will be put in AP until you return with a passport. You come back, give passport, They put in Visa and off you go to US.

So for right now you wait until or

1. your fiancee' becomes a USC and you file a K1 (see the guides for requirements)

2. she comes to you and you marry since spousal Visa's have a greater rate of approval for your country. But you really need your parents on-board. 10 years is not that deep.

What country is your fiancee' from?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

The US gov applies a "reasonable person standard" to their applications. For most western countries, a woman being older and divorced is not a big deal at all. It's not even worth thinking about. It's totally reasonable in that context.

But in other traditional countries, it is unheard of. Such a marriage would never ever happen. So, if an unusual marriage happens, often times the reason is because a visa is involved (and the marriage is just a scam to get out of the country). This OP doesn't want to tell his family about the marriage because he is ashamed of it.

Each person gets a chance to explain their unique case, and sometimes it is just a nontraditional family in a traditional place and the marriage makes sense. But sometimes there is no other reason a nontraditional marriage would take place except to get to the US (or somewhere).

All advice I give is individual, not blanket advice. If you had asked if would have been a problem, I would have said no.

That explanation makes sense. Although from a humane perspective I guess I find it a bit unfair for ppl that get "punished" for simply being born in one country and not another... but like I said it makes sense, there has to be a common sense practice in dealing with such things. Thank you for clarifying, the "Yes, it's a problem" gave me no nuances :)

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

That explanation makes sense. Although from a humane perspective I guess I find it a bit unfair for ppl that get "punished" for simply being born in one country and not another... but like I said it makes sense, there has to be a common sense practice in dealing with such things. Thank you for clarifying, the "Yes, it's a problem" gave me no nuances :)

I understand your feeling, but people aren't "punished" for where they are born. Every person gets a chance to prove their case and the legitimacy of their marriage. But I think the west is egocentric in thinking that everyone has the same Enlightenment ideas about individuality and freedom that we hold dear. In many places, these ideas have not flowered, they have not even been germinated, so it would be highly unusual for someone to suddenly adopt them (though not impossible by any means). I mean, wouldn't you find it fishy that suddenly all the 20-year old men in a poor country are online dating 60-year-old women from the USA and are spouting off things like "age is but a number." It could happen to one person, sure, and the circumstances would be something to tell, but to happen to the whole country? Or 20% of it? Something else is going on.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.