Mni432

Offical passport for spouse visa

86 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

But age is just a number.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Goodness can't believe this thread is filling up my inbox and still you aren't getting it. You are making this way harder than need be, Stressin over a passport when you need to work on relationship matters.

The passport issue really is no issue. Your passport is not needed until interview (if you do a K1) or NVC if you are married.

Use your government passport all the way through up to the interview. If approved ask for it back tell them the situation how you have to get a regular one. You will be put in AP until you return with a passport. You come back, give passport, They put in Visa and off you go to US.

So for right now you wait until or

1. your fiancee' becomes a USC and you file a K1 (see the guides for requirements)

2. she comes to you and you marry since spousal Visa's have a greater rate of approval for your country. But you really need your parents on-board. 10 years is not that deep.

What country is your fiancee' from?

She's also from Bangladesh but living in US with GC

Dear hellraiser i'm thankful for your reply. I think you're a immigration lawyer so you told me "Your passport issue is simple, US will not stamp an immigration visa on a government official passport. Now figure that out. No one will give you a guarantee on getting approved and subsequently getting the visa. So whether you want to resign from your job or not, you need to figure that out." Can you help me to figure that out what should i do now?

Dear Mni432

Unfortunately I can not. There are some decisions you will need to take and live with the consequences. This is one of them. If US embassy protocol does not allow to stamp foreign governments passport with immigration visa, whether you will need to surrender your current visa and get an ordinary one, that is a decision you have to make. Beside you are worrying about your passport way too early, long before you will have an interview.

There are many hurdles you have to pass before you face the interview in Bangladesh. After so many discussion, it turns out your fiancé is on LPR and till now you have no clarity on the entire fact; however you persistently kept talking about something that doesn't make any sense. What any reasonable person in your position would do is this;

1. Go and educate yourself with the entire flow of immigration process and timing for LPR.

2. Find out the facts as you will need it to support your position throughout the entire process.

3. Understand what you have and what you will need

Many people answers correctly to you for a very long period of time, but for some weird reason, it seems that you are not willing to listen. If that is the case, you will never find any answer to anyone. Also, don't try to use incorrect information or hide behind wrong or falsified information. US Immigration has zero tolerance policy against lies.

Thanks,

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

The best advice would be to hire a US immigration lawyer in Bangladesh and he/she will explain and understand your case better than anyone else here.Look for a good US Immigration lawyer in your city and make an appointment with them and discuss all these things with them.That way they can explain everything to you in your own language and hopefully they will be aware of the laws of Bangladesh as well.

The best advice would be to hire a US immigration lawyer in Bangladesh and he/she will explain and understand your case better than anyone else here.Look for a good US Immigration lawyer in your city and make an appointment with them and discuss all these things with them.That way they can explain everything to you in your own language and hopefully they will be aware of the laws of Bangladesh as well.

hmm..that's true. but how will I understand that he's a good US immigration lawyer.. do you have any suggestion???

hmm..that's true. but how will I understand that he's a good US immigration lawyer.. do you have any suggestion???

Mni432: are you even thinking straight? This gentlemen who gave you a good piece of advice you are asking him back with a question that will be almost impossible for a non-Bangladeshi person. What exactly are you expecting from this site or expect others to do? Unless you change your approach, sadly you will never find any help from this site which on the other hand guides many as bible.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You can google it.I am sure you will find some reputable US immigration lawyer over there.If you find a firm then google their name and try to find if you can come across any reviews about them online or search their name on google followed by scam or complaints or reviews.It is really hard to tell who is genuine and who is fake but since you are a policeman,I am sure people will think twice before scamming you.

You can google it.I am sure you will find some reputable US immigration lawyer over there.If you find a firm then google their name and try to find if you can come across any reviews about them online or search their name on google followed by scam or complaints or reviews.It is really hard to tell who is genuine and who is fake but since you are a policeman,I am sure people will think twice before scamming you.

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** several off topic, derogatory posts removed. Post constructive advice for the Op, or do not post. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.