Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,152 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Immigrant Visa Fee Paid: 20 May 2023

POE: 28 August 2023

46 days and counting. 

Went to local SSA office to apply for SSN. Waiting on that and the physical green card now. Still on the "Immigrant Visa Fee Payment Received" status on https://egov.uscis.gov/

On 10/13/2023 at 1:37 PM, IRFUN said:

46 days and counting. 

Went to local SSA office to apply for SSN. Waiting on that and the physical green card now. Still on the "Immigrant Visa Fee Payment Received" status on https://egov.uscis.gov/

Had the same happening to us. Landed July 7th. And have had the same status for 2 months. I sent an erequest, and they replied that they are missing some biometrics. We had to go to USCIS and take another picture, now the stays changed to the “Card Being Produced”. You have to ask them why your status doesn’t change. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, pilot787 said:

Had the same happening to us. Landed July 7th. And have had the same status for 2 months. I sent an erequest, and they replied that they are missing some biometrics. We had to go to USCIS and take another picture, now the stays changed to the “Card Being Produced”. You have to ask them why your status doesn’t change. 

Thanks for this tip. I'll give it a shot. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 minutes ago, pilot787 said:

Got the GC finally! 

Hoorah!  You must feel wonderful, and deservedly so.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

22 hours ago, ASERQ12 said:

Congratulations!

I am in the same situation. How long it takes between biometrics and card delivery?

It took exatly one month. They took my picture Sept 20, and my GC was delivered Oct 20th. Also, when they mail you the biometrics letter, you can switch  the date and location. Still don't understand how they could have lost our pictures. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/13/2023 at 12:37 PM, IRFUN said:

46 days and counting. 

An update on my situation. 

Still haven't received the SSN after applying on October 5. Called a few times and SSA reps stated that first time immigrants sometimes have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to receive card and they don't have any way to track it. 

Sent an e-request to USCIS on October 16 asking about the physical green card. Automated email stated to wait until November 15 for a reply. 

Timeline
On 11/7/2023 at 11:03 AM, IRFUN said:

An update on my situation. 

Still haven't received the SSN after applying on October 5. Called a few times and SSA reps stated that first time immigrants sometimes have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to receive card and they don't have any way to track it. 

Sent an e-request to USCIS on October 16 asking about the physical green card. Automated email stated to wait until November 15 for a reply. 

USCIS replied on 13 November stating:
"The status of this service request is:

You contacted USCIS to provide your updated address. We updated your address to:

XXX X XXXX, USA" 
This response seems like a non-sequitur since the purpose of the service request was for "Non-Delivery of Permanent Resident Card". Hoping to see an update there soon. 

As for the Social Security issue, I called again today and the rep said that we should just re-apply for a social security card because it's been too long and they can't find my wife's name in the database. I have no idea what could have gone wrong here, but it is what it is. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Immigrant Visa Fee Paid: 22 Oct 2023

POE: 28 Oct 2023

New card being produced: 25 Nov 2023

Card mailed out: 03 Dec 2023

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Immigrant Visa Fee Paid: 22 Oct 2023

POE: 28 Oct 2023

New card being produced: 25 Nov 2023

Card mailed out: 03 Dec 2023

Card in hand: 05 Dec 2023

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Hello everyone.  I arrived into US in Nov 5th on marriage base visa, until now it's been a month already but I have not received any thing yet. No GC nor SSN. 

Do you think it's a normal waiting time or should I concern?

Where can I track my GC or SSN?

On egov.uscis.gov it still stated the old thing "Case Was Sent To The Department of State".

I paid the visa fee - $220 on Oct.

Edited by txvandps

3 hours ago, txvandps said:

Hello everyone.  I arrived into US in Nov 5th on marriage base visa, until now it's been a month already but I have not received any thing yet. No GC nor SSN. 

On egov.uscis.gov it still stated the old thing "Case Was Sent To The Department of State".

You can’t track your SSN. Just checking, but you did definitely tick the box asking for it to be sent to you on the DS-260? 

You can track your GC on the usual USCIS case status website, but just use the receipt number from when you paid the GC fee instead of your case number. You need to allow 90 days from when you arrived though so still to early to worry about that really - but your SSN should be here by now. 

6 hours ago, txvandps said:

I entered few days ahead of you (30OCT).

it changed to “card being produced” on the 30 NOV. Then “card was mailed to you” on 05 DEC.

So i suppose you should have a status change by today or tomorrow.

Timeline
On 11/14/2023 at 12:12 PM, IRFUN said:

USCIS replied on 13 November stating:
"The status of this service request is:

You contacted USCIS to provide your updated address. We updated your address to:

XXX X XXXX, USA" 
This response seems like a non-sequitur since the purpose of the service request was for "Non-Delivery of Permanent Resident Card". Hoping to see an update there soon. 

As for the Social Security issue, I called again today and the rep said that we should just re-apply for a social security card because it's been too long and they can't find my wife's name in the database. I have no idea what could have gone wrong here, but it is what it is. 

Update: GC and SS card received. 

What a wild ride. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.