Khandybhaby

My tourist visa denied because i answered no to the question if anyone applied a visa for me before? I was not sure because i didnt pursued b4

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am not sure what advice you are looking for?

You made a mistake, and a very big one in US immigration terms, and you have to deal with the consequences.

You were applying for a US tourist visa. I do not believe at some point you did not even remember that someone had filed a petition for a US visa for you previously.

Off course you can reapply, but don't expect a different result. Start looking at other places to celebrate your birthday.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

As others have said, you can apply as often as you want. Next time you interview, all you can do is address the problem head-on and let them know that you answered a question about your previous petition incorrectly during your last interview, and why.

Edited by templeton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The people you need to explain this to is those at the Consulate, nobody here will be making the call.

With a Visitor Visa credibility is very important and it sounds like they gave you multiple opportunities to explain.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I think the key word that you are confused about is the word "APPLIED." The question is whether anyone has ever APPLIED for a visa for you. Not if the visa was granted or is valid.

The next time you apply for a B2 visitor visa you will most likely be asked if you have applied for a visa before. You will answer "YES" even though you were denied the visa.

To answer your question you can apply for another visa right away but as others have said don't get your hopes up high. Just answer honestly, try to explain the best you can, and hope for the best.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

. I am planning to apply again on 8th May 2016, so that is fine? I have a ready reply about it, i am just worry only if i will rejected again. I want to visit NYC on Nov to celebrate my bday and to visit a friend.

I don't see a different result on May 8th, sorry. You were given a chance, in fact multiple chances, to change your answer, you didn't.

How can a grown woman forget an ex-fiance, no matter how long ago?

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

My B2 visa application denied because of my previous fiancee visa question i mistakenly answered incorrect because i forgotten already.

Call me Khandy my nickname. I am working in Malaysia and i tried to apply aUS tourist visa but i was denied. My interview was yesterday only dated 27th April 2016. I was not late but many applicants on ques that day. I was confidently i can answer all the questions. And yes, i answered everything except for the last question :(

The questions are:

Where are you going to US? I answered accordingly

What will you do at US? I answered accordingly

Who you are going to meet? I am going to meet my friend

How did you meet your friend? I met him in Malaysia

I answered all with confidently and i smiled.

Okay good. Last question.

Who is Richard? I was shocked like i had slip of memory and questioned myself who is Richard? lol then in myself i remembered he was my ex-bf Chinese American who was applied a K! visa for me but i did not pursued the application. He visited me in Philippines that i forgotten already for 8 years. And now it was like a ghost coming back in my mind. We had no communications after we had broke up since that time he was going to marry someone else after our relationship.

Consul asked me if someone applied a US visa for me and i plainly answered it NO. But he asked me again and then i just told him Oh i thought that was expired or cancelled because that was Richard had told me before. Then the consul said "yeah, i am asking if he applied a visa for you? I don't know what to say, i can't explained everything to him. I was trying to remember him just to answer the question. And the consul told me "Okay, i will give you a second chance, Is he applied a visa for you? I was ###### up answered him NO still. :( and then finally he told me I am sorry your application is denied. I replied "Oh". I felt sad taking my passport and i even hardly took my passport in the window because of my wrong answer. Then i say Thank you to the consul and went out in that window. Sigh...i messed up. I was thought i can get that visa.

Now, i want to re-apply again this coming month of May. Please i hope you will help me about my case. That K1 visa that was applied from my ex-bf in US embassy, i did not pursued after i received the letter from US embassy in Philippines. We had misunderstanding and we broke up.

Sorry to break this but you will not get a B2 in the future after looking at the sequence of events.try to look other legal ways to migrate if interested.

you have damaged your credibility by 'forgetting' your former fiancé...something that CO didn't buy, gave you a chance to 'come clean'; you didn't and now you appear to be someone who is unwilling to tell the truth or answer questions accurately....it will be difficult to 'fix' this overnight.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

how did u forget someone once had proposed to u for k1 ? seems like something that would be remembered esp if your dealing with the embassy again for another visa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I believe when the CO kept asking you , that should have prompted you to think about the question and ask for clarification like you have one now. You could have asked the OP if that past application that you didn't pursue counts? I don't know if you remembered that but this is based on your post.

I think there are some relationships that could easily be forgotten depending on duration but the places you went, things you did together comes back to memory when you find yourself in the same place.

You can apply again hopefully, your explanation would be good enough. Good luck!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

What i mean it never occurred in my mind about the fiancee visa when im applying tourist visa. It was just reminded me when the consul asked me and i couldnt explain everything to him coz i was trying to remember if it was a valid application or not before i say yes to him. I was blacked out and even when he asked me first who is Richard? I answered him back Richard? I dont know i didnt expected really to asked about him.

I can see where she would have a problem with this. Sitting in front of an interview and trying to remember things that happened 8 years ago with all the nervousness. This is exactly why I would like to be with my Fiancee when she goes to her K-1 interview. She is shy and gets nervous easily. It's unfortunate. Just know that you need to make sure you understand what happened 8 years ago and answer truthfully. You now know that your ex-bf filed a petition for you and it's on record. You said "No" when it was "Yes." I would write a letter fully explaining the situation and give to interviewer the next time this question is asked along with a "Yes" answer.

I don't think a prewritten letter given to the CO will help her case next interview especially with her previous response being on file.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.