unlucky_ashok

Arrange Marriage just to come to US :(

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Sir/Mam,

I am US citizen who married girl from India. My wife came to US 3 months back and after three months I m finding out she has a boyfriend she knew from India who is here on H1. She used me just to come to US :crying: . She says she will leave me, what can I do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits from Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America - As similar topics are often discussed here.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Sorry about your bad situation.

Nothing you can do about her immigration, she already has her green card (presumably a 2 year conditional one).

You can divorce her and she will be on her own for ROC (I-751).

Find a better girl next time but remember to get to know her well first.

Or date locally ;)

If I divorce her, can she still stay in US after 2 years as I will not be signing any papers for her to change her visa status as she used me to come to US. Fraud marriage.

If I divorce her, can she still stay in US after 2 years as I will not be signing any papers for her to change her visa status as she used me to come to US. Fraud marriage.

She does not need you to change her status ( filing ROC with divorce waiver)

But she has to provide documents to show bona fide marriage.

Read the guide for examples of documents

http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Given the short marriage life in US, maybe there isn't much co-mingled financial stuff yet.

You can try to report her to USCIS for fraud marriage but do you have concrete evidence to prove that?

Otherwise it will be 'he said she said' story, a bitter USC

You can read more here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/439326-reporting-fraud-to-uscis/

Also be prepared that USCIS isn't going to do anything about it.

Best for you to file for divorce and move on.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You can write a letter to USCIS about yoyr findings of marriage fraud, divorce her and send divorce decree to immigration

a simple letter won't do a thing. He needs to gather evidence that the marriage was used fo rimmigration benefits and submit it along with a letter

If OP has evidence of mal-bonafide intentions and can substantiate his claims of spouse's visa fraud, another option is to email the local Consulate where the interview was conducted. The Consulate could look into his claims and proofs and alert appropriate US agencies into making notes in their databases that could very much affect ROC, POE entry down the road.

This would be in addition to notifying ICE's fraud unit.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

you will need to show she committed the fraud and you had no part of it

as from what i read on the USCIS fraud area description, it does say if there is fraud both can be charged

Read the USCIS site by googling "fraud marriage to get a visa " or anything similiar to that phrase

and sorry, wish you could have been happy like the rest of us but i took 5 years to get to know my spouse and that is what it takes even if the person is local

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

It seems very strange to me how people that are happily married seem to have some difficulty proving a bonafide marriage...but in cases like this it is so easy for one party to "prove we had a bonafide marriage"

ironic....

It seems very strange to me how people that are happily married seem to have some difficulty proving a bonafide marriage...but in cases like this it is so easy for one party to "prove we had a bonafide marriage"

Totally agree!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I second this! ?

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

soooooo true!

--------------------------------K-1----------------------------
October 1, 2011 Mailed I-129F Application
October 7, 20122 Notice Date of NOA 1
February 15, 2012 Received Hard Copy of Approved NOA 2
March 8, 2012 Rec email Pacs 3/4 US Embassy in Bogota
March 29, 2012 Scheduled Interview
June 7, 2012 Interview APPROVED!

------------------------------Arrival @ LAX-----------------------------
July 27, 2012 Arrived POE @ LAX
October 21, 2012 Married (L) (L)

------------------------------AOS----------------------------------
April 20, 2013 Mailed AOS package

April 29, 2013 AOS NOA

May 22, 2013 Biometric date

June 7, 2013 NOA, rec. interview date for 7-16-13

June 18, 2013 EAD/AP Approved

June 29, 2013 Rec. in mail EAD/AP combo card

July 8, 2013 AOS process on HOLD, interview canceled unsure.png as wife returned to Colombia on medical emergency!

Oct. 17, 2013 AOS Interview re-schedule to November 20, 2013

Nov. 1, 2013 Rec. Notice from USCIS that 11-20-13 interview "due to unforseen circumstances" has been CANCELED. girlwerewolf2xn.gif

December 18, 2013 Rec. notice that AOS interview has been re-scheduled for January 17, 2014 (we will see)

January 17, 2014 Interview and AOS was APPROVED! dancin5hr.gif

January 27, 2014 Received GREEN CARD in mail! kicking.gif

-----------------------ROC----------------------

December 23, 2015 ROC Mailed I-751 to CSC

December 30, 2015 ROC NOA1

January 25, 2016 ROC Bio appointment

May 26, 2016 Approved!

June 4, 2016 - Received 10-year PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD in mail! :thumbs:

-----------------------CITIZENSHIP------------------

November 16, 2016 Mailed

November 19, 2016 NOA date

December 13, 2016 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.