Indyiale32

woken up by immigration officers

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Well this morning I had an interesting wake up, someone was knocking at the doors, and when I opened it was two police officers, with badges but not in government clothes, just casual.

Seeing the badges and having them ask for me and my husband all I could think of was something would happen, I was still half a sleep. They introduced themselves as the police officers and that they are with Immigration services, and asked to come inside, which I let them in.

they did a quick check, and bed check, which to me was pretty awesome because we do need my husbands green card as soon as possible, I don't want him to loose his job and we applied for visa extention, so either one will be great.

I am pregnant so they got excited about that and told me that that is a great news and that can speed up the process, I showed them our ultrasound pics.

Needless to say this freaked me out which I told the officers, im like im glad its you since I thought something bad has happened.

Funny story to tell and I thought I would share.

Dang! Well, hopefully this weird experience will help lead to the I-551 faster! Congrats on the new human - boy or girl? :)

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Well that's how the female officer said it, that its a great news, and it helps. Not my words.

We are not sure yet, I am 10 weeks, we are expecting in October which would be such a blessing, my mom passed away three years ago, and her bday was in October, so I am praying for a girl a little more, and with a birthday on October first. But ill take a boy too, as long as the kid is healthy. and thank you

Today is my husbands bday, which is funny that they showed up today.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from K1 to AOS from Family Visa forum *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

They just said they came to see if we are together and how are we living, I think that we have read flags and here is why.

We only spent 18 days together, I went back home to see my grandma and she passed away when I landed in Switzerland, my husband at that time a friend, picked me up in Zagreb at the airport, and after that I applied for him to come here.,

Ive had previous petitions, but right after approval, I decided to call it off, since I felt that the guys that will be coming here were fake, I have proof, all they wanted was the VISA.

My husband family lives in Chicago, and apparently they tried three times to get him here and he was denied, consulate in Zagreb asked that I called them after their interview, and literally for 1 hour he kept on asking if there was any chance that I was paid, to bring him for his family, or that he somehow convinced me to bring him here. He had to let him go since I told him the way it is, and I couldn't say something that was a lie. I wanted my husband here.

For our interview here I took pictures from our wedding, but forgot our only thing that we had together at the time which was the Bank statement. so I sent it in.

I think all of that has to do with them coming out.

Right now we have a car, car insurance on three cars, banks statements, all utility bills, and of course I am pregnant. Im also receiving my dads house as a gift, which as soon as we can refinance we will so it shows two of us on the house.

All in all it took us some time to step on our feet, after all im not rich, so we took our time to build everything.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well this morning I had an interesting wake up, someone was knocking at the doors, and when I opened it was two police officers, with badges but not in government clothes, just casual.

Seeing the badges and having them ask for me and my husband all I could think of was something would happen, I was still half a sleep. They introduced themselves as the police officers and that they are with Immigration services, and asked to come inside, which I let them in.

they did a quick check, and bed check, which to me was pretty awesome because we do need my husbands green card as soon as possible, I don't want him to loose his job and we applied for visa extention, so either one will be great.

I am pregnant so they got excited about that and told me that that is a great news and that can speed up the process, I showed them our ultrasound pics.

Needless to say this freaked me out which I told the officers, im like im glad its you since I thought something bad has happened.

Funny story to tell and I thought I would share.

an ultrasound only proves you are pregnant, it doesn't prove who the father is. Pregnancy won't do a thing to speed up anything.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

They just said they came to see if we are together and how are we living, I think that we have read flags and here is why.

We only spent 18 days together, I went back home to see my grandma and she passed away when I landed in Switzerland, my husband at that time a friend, picked me up in Zagreb at the airport, and after that I applied for him to come here.,

Ive had previous petitions, but right after approval, I decided to call it off, since I felt that the guys that will be coming here were fake, I have proof, all they wanted was the VISA.

My husband family lives in Chicago, and apparently they tried three times to get him here and he was denied, consulate in Zagreb asked that I called them after their interview, and literally for 1 hour he kept on asking if there was any chance that I was paid, to bring him for his family, or that he somehow convinced me to bring him here. He had to let him go since I told him the way it is, and I couldn't say something that was a lie. I wanted my husband here.

For our interview here I took pictures from our wedding, but forgot our only thing that we had together at the time which was the Bank statement. so I sent it in.

I think all of that has to do with them coming out.

Right now we have a car, car insurance on three cars, banks statements, all utility bills, and of course I am pregnant. Im also receiving my dads house as a gift, which as soon as we can refinance we will so it shows two of us on the house.

All in all it took us some time to step on our feet, after all im not rich, so we took our time to build everything.

"He had to let him go since I told him the way it is, and I couldn't say something that was a lie. I wanted my husband here."

Who is he and you told him the way what was?

Timeline

He was the consulat people from zagreb croatia. They gave us so much hard time. Im not even joking

For the person that says it doesnt speed up the process. For sure it doesnt but it defenetly helps. The officer was extremely happy to see those ultrasound photos.

Consular after his interview asked me if someone from his family paid me to bring him here. He begged for me not to bring him. He had thought that this was arranged. But i told the truth and now my husband is here

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

an ultrasound only proves you are pregnant, it doesn't prove who the father is. Pregnancy won't do a thing to speed up anything.

Technically by Oregon law if married at the time of the birth, the husband is automatically the presumed father: https://www.osbar.org/public/legalinfo/1142_Paternity.htm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Technically by Oregon law if married at the time of the birth, the husband is automatically the presumed father: https://www.osbar.org/public/legalinfo/1142_Paternity.htm

Same with Florida....

Congrats

Edited by FarrahIdir

7/30/2015 Sent I130 priority mail to have tracking, I suggest you do the same.

8/4/2015 NOA1 (Nebraska)

12/17/2015 NOA2

♤♤while waiting for noa2, I read this wiki to get through

NVC quickly ->http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

12/24/2015 Petition Sent to NVC from Nebraska

1/4/2016 petition received at NVC (call and confirm it arrives. About 15 days try to get your case number and receipt number, I got mine in 11 days)

1/15/2016 Called NVC and got case/invoice number logged into this site to pay fees, pick agent -> https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx 1/15/2016 picked agent DS-261

1/18/2016 paid aos fee

1/28/2016 review 261 to get iv fee unlocked ( unlocked once I did review,was taking to long)

2/1/ 2016 sent AOS & IV packets together to nvc while I waited for iv fee to open to save time.

2/4/2016 paid IV Fee and waited to do ds260

2/3/2016 nvc received aos and iv packets(scan date)

2/7/2016 ds260 completed and now waiting for cc

♧CASE COMPLETE. .. march 8th

3/11/15 interview email

4/20/15 shots 4/25/15 rest of medical exam

INTERVIEW APRIL 27TH @8:30

April 27th 221g for additional documentation and placed in administrative processsing.

June 20th submitted evidence requested

June 23rd case was touched by embassy

August 1st case was touched again.

AUGUST 16TH embassy called and wants a new co sponser yet he met requirements.

Found a new co-sponsor

Handed in aos sept 11th

Set 18th another update

Sept 28th update and embassy called

SEPT 29TH ISSUED FINALLY

OCT 2nd visa in hand

POE October 22nd 2016

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.