Indyiale32

woken up by immigration officers

48 posts in this topic

We are saying that, because it doesn't. And to be clear, if you read the OP, an IO didn't say that at all, an IO didn't come to the house. It was the two cops that came to the house. Not 'an agent', two cops working on behalf of the UCCIS. They don't make desicions, all they were there to do is investigate the living circumstances.

Further being pregnant does not a relationship prove. It shows she had sex, and is pregnant, and nothing more. It isn't unheard of for USCIS to require paternity testing.

Id counter that it does not actually prove any sex took place at all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Congratulation... You two did well...

I guess the saying that "never go to bed angry at your partner" is good...lol

Edited by IcezMan_IcezLady

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Same with Florida....

Congrats

...and New York

• Married 2/9/2016
  • I485, I130, I765 + I131 Filed Concurrently
  • USPS delivery confirmation 3/7/2016
  • NOA 1 received 3/08/2016
  • Hard copies of NOA received 3/20/16
  • Early walk in Biometrics at Holtsville, NY 4/11/16
  • Ead/AP approved 4/28/16...received 6/10/16
  • Interview date 12/20/16 at Holtsville, NY... initially denied but approved later same day.
  • Text received that green card was mailed.

Regardless of who came, why they came, or whether their visit will speed things up...I'm sure finding you both home together and leading what appears to be a normal family life will help your case more than if they were just trying to guess or assume. So congratulations and best wishes for a happy and health pregnancy!

• Married 2/9/2016
  • Interview date 12/20/16 at Holtsville, NY... initially denied but approved later same day.

You can't assume if evidence is good or bad.

It's just evidence.

The morning visit by the investigators adds to the totality of the existing evidence.

So logically this will speed up the process one way or the other.

Either speed it up in approval or denial.

But to think it doesn't speed it up is silly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Honestly I do not care what they do as long as they do their job. I was just sharing with all of you what happened.

Thanks to all that congratulated us on the baby.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Same with Florida....

Congrats

Sam in California too...but here, even if you were engaged at time of conception or birth then you are considered the father.

Why people are arguing about whether it helps speed it up or not is beyond me. It was something that the OP was relaying that she had been told, not stating herself. Either way, it helps her case because they were obviously looking for evidence of a bona fide marriage and legally the child is his in the eyes of the government.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, and on having the visiting investigators give you positive feedback!

AOS (Pending)
Mailed: 3/2/2016
USPS Delivery: 3/5/2016
NOA1 Emails/Texts: 3/10/2016
NOA1 Letters: 3/14/2016 (Online Status updates started: 3/16/2016, Receipt date listed: 3/7/2016)
Bio Apt Notice: 3/26/2016
Bio Apt: 4/8/2016 (Week early attempt was turned away, Same day early attempt successful)
EAD/AP Approval (Email&Text): 4/22/2016
EAD/AP Card Received: 4/29/2016

Interview Notice: 12/14/2016 

Interview Date: 1/20/2017 (Approved!!)

New card Ordered and Case Approved Online Update: 1/31/2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations! I think this one was of those random pop ins to make sure that the couple is indeed a legitimate couple! I dont see any reason for the officer to lie about not speeding up the process, and I hope the very best for you, your husband, and the addition to your family! :D :D

Congrats!

• Married 2/9/2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.