myloveaa

Expedited IR1-CR1 (merged)

89 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I think in this case it would - she asked how my relationship with ex was and I said good... you see I realised later they may have misunderstood why I travelled with him and thought that this is a sham marriage. She wanted me to justify why I travelled with him while I was dating to be husband - I was just so tired at the end of an hour and my severe ADD didn't help.

I think if she understood the circumstance she would have not said no. They were not wasting senior officer's time I am sure - when they came up with a full set of question each time and I assume were happy with the answers till then.

But anyway - that's in the past

Playing devils advocate but if anything it may have shown further immigrant intent

Whilst I have sympathy for your situation, you will have to find a way to cope. We are all stressed and frustrated about being apart. Do you have any friends or colleagues where you are currently located? Spend time with them, take up a new hobby, learn a new skill or language. Do anything to fill the time while you wait and give yourself a sense of achievement. It's not healthy to devote all your energy and attention to one person and one thing.

And you won't get anywhere with this until you file the petition. So instead of looking for ways to speed it up that probably won't can apply in your case, get the petition sent. The sooner you send it, the sooner you can get going. I have to say that knowing that the petition had been sent and you are on your way to being together will improve your mood enormously. I was feeling very low until we got confirmation that the petition had been delivered. I have been floating on air since then and it's starting to feel very real that we will be together soon.

Stop thinking of the bad side of this and focus on making it better.

Thank you.

I had filed a one sided divorce first in Dubai and got it so I have those documents - ex didn't want it and filed in India contesting this or something like that and then finally got closure I don't have that document. I know the first one is also valid - but I don't want issues later and want file complete.

I guess thats adding to my frustration that I need ex to give me original or at least a copy of the final divorce or I have to travel to India to get it... I don't want to be in his hometown on my own in India... Looking at ways to get it through a lawyer etc...all wasting time!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I still can't see any reason to why they would grant you an expedite. The financial distress you talk about is your husband taking loans to support you. That's not financial distress.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Could you wait it out in India?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Thank you all for your help. I understand an expedite is highly unlikely. We may still request for one - if nothing till the denial of expedite comes it will help with hope till that point.

We will use a lawyer for our file, given both of us understand that we have chances of missing something on the forms given our state of mind. I read some things I wrote on here for instance and realise I end up meaning something else!

My application is now almost ready and will keep all posted on my journey.

I still can't see any reason to why they would grant you an expedite. The financial distress you talk about is your husband taking loans to support you. That's not financial distress.

Thank you for this comment - its incorrect, but likely due to me not mentioning details on the financial distress... Will help with our application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Well as long as the hardship is on the USC it might work out for you. But they really don't care about your hardship. But you won't know until you try I guess

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

• 2 weeks later...

Members, I will refer to only relevant information on subject in this post. Have mentioned other details on previous post - but its irreleavant maybe on this topic

I have just got the missing document for my application and now ready to apply.

We want to try an expedite request.

I will leave aside personal details - emotional distress, PTSD, lost 25% weight and more

We want to highlight our financial distress

My husband the USC is deep in debt that he is unable to pay at the moment. He was very well before his divorce about 3 years ago - but giving his ex half of what he had and a business failing since then, he has tax bills of about USD120K + USD25K (property tax) + penalties increasing by the day. he currently has about 3-5K in his bank...the monthly income from his one business that is running just about manages bills, mortgage, interest payments. The tax bills he is simply not in a position to pay even if it went in instalments over years.

He has visited me here but those were all mainly paid by me, I have also pumped whatever funds I had to him to float - now I am drained out too - because of the unexpected cancellation of my B1/B2 an investor backed out of a new business that was my baby it involved getting US products here.

The sooner I get to the US the better as:

1. He (USC( will be able to work better - suffers from severe anxiety and depression struggling to work. He had a fit last night (his last night visiting me). His health is real bad. I know we should get oursleves together but its not happening. We had NONE of this when together - we are both under extreme distress. Won't go through life stories here, but could do a move or two!

2. He will be able to do a shift at his store, instead of staff and save something which he could use to pay tax in installments

3. I plan to help in his business too (have strong business history) and we are expecting our finances to change with me there.

There are several more factors about how me going there helps financially - such as me getting investors for a business we plan to start in US.

Right now he is on the verge of bankruptcy.

Do we have a chance to get expedite? Request for expedite goes at what stage?

He is not on a payment plan yet. I have a 400 page business plan, acceptance of investor. Investment of USD5million pledge - withdrawn because I can't do the sourcing trips to to the US - due to freak situation with my B1/B2 visa getting damaged and cancelled. Can all these really not help? We have heap loads of documents to show.

Our mental health due to the situation combined? I have had to move out of my home and now staying in a hotel because I cannot manage a household - the distress of separation is severe due to our backgrounds. We were incredibly happy when together and our businesses getting back on track - suddenly since my B1/B2 got cancelled and our regular meetings cancelled and investor backing out etc and so much more at the same time - things tumbled.

He is struggling to work at the moment.

Anyway - we will give it a shot. What stage do we file the request?

If the financial situation with the business is that bad, why is he clinging on to this business that is drowning him with the debt? Close it down and get a job that pays a guaranteed wage each day you show up for work. I have never driven past a McDonald's that didn't have "we are hiring" outside. At least you know you will get paid there and not have to speculate on whether you will make any money this week. I understand he had his pride but his pride won't feed him and pay his light bill.

I assume you have a joint sponsor. To be honest, I can't see that they will expedite for poor business decisions (he should have remedied this situation before it got to the point of causing fits and mental health problems). Otherwise we would all claim financial woes to get to our loved ones faster.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

yeah ... not sure how this will expedite your case ... there are lot of families where the USC is the only working person and spouse living abroad is not working or studying and is financially supported by the USC. Of course every couple who is separated goes through lot of emotional stress due to separation and not being able to live with each other. If this was a reason for expedite then most of the couples would be opting for this route. There are couples who have not seen each other for more than a year.

You can try but not sure if this could be a reason for expedite..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Your husband has to show financial hardship and distress. You having same distress will not move immigration. It's the petitioner that has to show why you being here ASAP will help the situation and I surely wouldn't say because you can bring in money. Focus on health concerns.

Don;t know where you are in the process at USCIS you call and send in there. If at NVC you call and send to them. If you are at USCIS still you would have to request an expedite there and then at NVC.

Also because of where you live you may be put in Administrative Processing and extra security checks given the new climate of how things are now.

All the best. Keep us posted.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Get the IRS sorted out. Owing a big balance has been problematic for VJ members in the past. The expedite will just get you to the brick wall faster.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

If the financial situation with the business is that bad, why is he clinging on to this business that is drowning him with the debt? Close it down and get a job that pays a guaranteed wage each day you show up for work. I have never driven past a McDonald's that didn't have "we are hiring" outside. At least you know you will get paid there and not have to speculate on whether you will make any money this week. I understand he had his pride but his pride won't feed him and pay his light bill.

I assume you have a joint sponsor. To be honest, I can't see that they will expedite for poor business decisions (he should have remedied this situation before it got to the point of causing fits and mental health problems). Otherwise we would all claim financial woes to get to our loved ones faster.

His business is paying the bills and doing well. The new tax bills cannot be paid - if he takes a job then he will be worse off.

I guess you are getting personal here! but the mental health issues are due to our seperation - we were doing very well and travelling to each other's country every 3 weeks.

Get the IRS sorted out. Owing a big balance has been problematic for VJ members in the past. The expedite will just get you to the brick wall faster.

He is working on Petition at the moment its going back and forth - they are looking at a payment plan - just not final yet

Your husband has to show financial hardship and distress. You having same distress will not move immigration. It's the petitioner that has to show why you being here ASAP will help the situation and I surely wouldn't say because you can bring in money. Focus on health concerns.

Don;t know where you are in the process at USCIS you call and send in there. If at NVC you call and send to them. If you are at USCIS still you would have to request an expedite there and then at NVC.

Also because of where you live you may be put in Administrative Processing and extra security checks given the new climate of how things are now.

All the best. Keep us posted.

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.