myloveaa

Expedited IR1-CR1 (merged)

89 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

If you want to expedite you need to pull out evidence that shows that you guys being apart is a hardship on your husband. Not you...

Also you say that your cancelled B2 is making it impossible to work the deals in the US. A B2 isnt a work visa anyway so you shouldn't be doing business on it, sounds to me like they did the right thing not giving you a new B2

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

...I almost don't understand why a fiance gets there faster than a spouse...but okay its how it is...

Because a K-1 pays more in fees, and the green card is only 2 years and conditional. A spouse visa, the fees cost less and the beneficiary receives a 10 year unconditional green card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Because a K-1 pays more in fees, and the green card is only 2 years and conditional. A spouse visa, the fees cost less and the beneficiary receives a 10 year unconditional green card.

wrong, most people who file for cr1 get a 2 year conditional green card unless they have been married more than 2 years and have to remove conditions in order to get a 10 year card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You were honest and the correct rule was used.. I wish we all get a cookie for doing the right thing. Unfortunately, there isn't and there shouldn't be.

A different CO might trust that you would not stay per your travel history but they cannot force you to leave when you stay and adjust your status.

You are not stranded overseas because that's your home country.. You haven't earned any rights as an American and to be treated as such.

Your stories may be compelling but it comes back to my statement above. The Kenyan USC spouse who got imprisoned for her religious belief had a compelling story. Your situation could be resolved with law enforcement in your country. Is it that hard to hide anywhere in your country? And you are already looking to "stay" in Canada but you are upset that CO didn't trust that you would return.

Keep calm and go through CR-1. Your story does not help your case.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Dear Canadian Wife

I was not using the B1/B2 visa for Immigration intent! I got married there and returned to Dubai so there was no Intent to stay on at all. Our plan was to file for green card from overseas and keep travelling back and forth together on B1/B2 every few weeks so we could be with both our sets of kids and carry on both of our businesses till the green card came through.

Your whole intent was not good.. You want to file for green card from overseas?? Green card is for permanent residence in the US.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Whilst I have sympathy for your situation, you will have to find a way to cope. We are all stressed and frustrated about being apart. Do you have any friends or colleagues where you are currently located? Spend time with them, take up a new hobby, learn a new skill or language. Do anything to fill the time while you wait and give yourself a sense of achievement. It's not healthy to devote all your energy and attention to one person and one thing.

And you won't get anywhere with this until you file the petition. So instead of looking for ways to speed it up that probably won't can apply in your case, get the petition sent. The sooner you send it, the sooner you can get going. I have to say that knowing that the petition had been sent and you are on your way to being together will improve your mood enormously. I was feeling very low until we got confirmation that the petition had been delivered. I have been floating on air since then and it's starting to feel very real that we will be together soon.

Stop thinking of the bad side of this and focus on making it better.

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Dear Canadian Wife

I was not using the B1/B2 visa for Immigration intent! I got married there and returned to Dubai so there was no Intent to stay on at all. Our plan was to file for green card from overseas and keep travelling back and forth together on B1/B2 every few weeks so we could be with both our sets of kids and carry on both of our businesses till the green card came through.

Irrelevant. Since you have a US citizen husband, you have clear immigrant intent according to a consular officer. Thus the visa was denied. I am not blaming you, I was denied entry because of my US husband. It is the way it is.

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Timeline

sorry to hear about the situation. Please go ahead and send your request for expedite based on "extreme hardship" to USCIS by telling your story with medical reports, birth certificates of your kids and your husband's, and any documents to support the story. You have nothing to loose by doing that. In the case the process is expedited, be prepared to expect reduction by couple of months to 4 months from the average time not immediate processing. You know lower expectation may help in lowering your anxiety I hope. wish you the best!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Irrelevant. Since you have a US citizen husband, you have clear immigrant intent according to a consular officer. Thus the visa was denied. I am not blaming you, I was denied entry because of my US husband. It is the way it is.

good luck

I seem to recollect you had a back story as Canadians do not normally need a B to visit, sounds like the OP alsso has a back story as most people with visa's VWP visit without issue.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

sorry to hear about the situation. Please go ahead and send your request for expedite based on "extreme hardship" to USCIS by telling your story with medical reports, birth certificates of your kids and your husband's, and any documents to support the story. You have nothing to loose by doing that. In the case the process is expedited, be prepared to expect reduction by couple of months to 4 months from the average time not immediate processing. You know lower expectation may help in lowering your anxiety I hope. wish you the best!

Thank you - will give it a shot. I wish life had not been so tough - I survived very bravely through things that the worst abuse movies and stories don't have, but I am breaking now - after trying hard to rationalize last night that we will survive a year and its not that bad. Even ex's abuse is limited compared to the hell before... BUT Had another major breakdown.

Its the best time of my life being married to such a wonderful man,,,,my mind is convinced that bad things will continue and there's little point in living. I am educated, a post grad, an entrepreneur but admit that sometimes our feelings do get out of control.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you - will give it a shot. I wish life had not been so tough - I survived very bravely through things that the worst abuse movies and stories don't have, but I am breaking now - after trying hard to rationalize last night that we will survive a year and its not that bad. Even ex's abuse is limited compared to the hell before... BUT Had another major breakdown.

Its the best time of my life being married to such a wonderful man,,,,my mind is convinced that bad things will continue and there's little point in living. I am educated, a post grad, an entrepreneur but admit that sometimes our feelings do get out of control.

Unfortunately mental illness like depression and anxiety has no bias :(

good luck

I was fortunate enough to be considered though. I had an hour long interview in sections with different officers getting involved. They saw all my business reasons and perhaps got really near to getting the visa again - I know they don't waste their time. They didn't like that I travelled with my ex to the US with the kids after the divorce, when that came up they said NO. I didn't get a chance to explain younger daughter's condition in detail and its my fault that I didn't tell them about abusive man he is - I just said I went because of younger daughter and me and ex have that much of an understanding that he and I were okay travelling together. My business persona can't go around talking about my abusive life... I really regret not telling them that.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I was fortunate enough to be considered though. I had an hour long interview in sections with different officers getting involved. They saw all my business reasons and perhaps got really near to getting the visa again - I know they don't waste their time. They didn't like that I travelled with my ex to the US with the kids after the divorce, when that came up they said NO. I didn't get a chance to explain younger daughter's condition in detail and its my fault that I didn't tell them about abusive man he is - I just said I went because of younger daughter and me and ex have that much of an understanding that he and I were okay travelling together. My business persona can't go around talking about my abusive life... I really regret not telling them that.

Abuse wouldn't make an iota of difference to them

Unfortunately mental illness like depression and anxiety has no bias :(

I understand that severe financial distress does - he cannot be with me because of loans. As I am unable to work now - I am losing money by the day. Hubby is just talking to bank of taking another loan to fund me staying here....

I bloody wish I could get myself together - I am going to try over and over again.

Abuse wouldn't make an iota of difference to them

Well I think in this case it would - she asked how my relationship with ex was and I said good... you see I realised later they may have misunderstood why I travelled with him and thought that this is a sham marriage. She wanted me to justify why I travelled with him while I was dating to be husband - I was just so tired at the end of an hour and my severe ADD didn't help.

I think if she understood the circumstance she would have not said no. They were not wasting senior officer's time I am sure - when they came up with a full set of question each time and I assume were happy with the answers till then.

But anyway - that's in the past

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.