myloveaa

Expedited IR1-CR1 (merged)

89 posts in this topic

Hi All

My First post on here. Good to see such help on here. Please excuse personal information. I will try delete it later.

Situation:

Recently married US Citizen in US on B1/B2

Never any intention to adjust status because we are super law abiding and we did intend to get married before I travelled

Flew in and out several times on B1/B2 as I have kids and business overseas

Due to freak incident of damage on visa - had to apply for a new one. Was refused due to being married to US citizen :(

We were going to apply for IR-1 /CR-1 when I was out of the US and hoped to keep going in and out on B1/B2 - lawyer had said would be fine due to my heavy international travel

Now I am stuck overseas

Is there any way to expedite the process. We are distressed. I come from seriously abusive childhood and previous marriage. Resulting in extreme depression. Completely recovered I am now slipping back. Seeing a doctor - but without having to go through the full history, the anxiety is almost out of control.

My husband had anxiety attacks in past due to marital issues. He is in depression and having anxiety attacks.

I haven't slept more than 2-3 hours on any night and lost 20% weight in a month

My abusive ex is in the country I am in and not so strong rules for women means he is finding ways and means to torture me as I am by myself here now.

My new husband and I have been trying to have a child together and those plans also messed up because of the distance and separation. Time is running out on me

He is unable to move due to loans in the US, ageing parents and his kids from pre marriage.

I am unable to run my business here any more due to my condition and funds running dry.

There is more and its a tragic tale that had a fairytale twist for a few months and with the separation everything has messed up.

Is there really no way in exceptional situation for the papers to be expedited. I honestly believe given our damaging past we won't learn to cope - we are just a mess.

Please advise. Also, is there anywhere I can find the process step by step for a spouse visa/green card? My condition is not helping figure this out properly. He has consulted lawyers and knows documents etc - but the timeline of 6-12 months we will not be able to cope.

Also, I understand K3 barely gets done these days - but am happy to go on K3 or whatever as long a we are together - I don't care if I can't work or can't step out of the house for that matter!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

While I am sorry about your situation, I do not see a compelling reason for an expedite. If you believe otherwise, there is nothing stopping you from applying. However, it seems your situation was created through your own mistakes (perhaps taking advantage of the tourist visa...assuming it would be renewed even though immigrant intent was clear with a US husband)

What is stopping you from applying for another B visa?

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It would be best to read the guides on here using a computer to better understand the process. I would advise against trying for the K3 as not only is it very rarely approved, but I have seen cases where it has slowed down approval of the I130 petition.

You can try to expedite the petition, you will need to provide strong proof-from the USC side. Lookup the expedite criteria and see if you have suitable evidence to prove your hardship.

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Dear Canadian Wife

I was not using the B1/B2 visa for Immigration intent! I got married there and returned to Dubai so there was no Intent to stay on at all. Our plan was to file for green card from overseas and keep travelling back and forth together on B1/B2 every few weeks so we could be with both our sets of kids and carry on both of our businesses till the green card came through.

It would be best to read the guides on here using a computer to better understand the process. I would advise against trying for the K3 as not only is it very rarely approved, but I have seen cases where it has slowed down approval of the I130 petition.

You can try to expedite the petition, you will need to provide strong proof-from the USC side. Lookup the expedite criteria and see if you have suitable evidence to prove your hardship.

I have seen something called extreme hardship and I do have documents from doctors for years for myself and even a verified newspaper article. However, I was confused if the extreme hardship was for Waiver situations only or also for expediting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Even with a B2 tourist visa there is no guarantee you would be allowed into the US it completely depends on the immigration official at the POE. I completely understand your position as we are all going through the same process . This is the way the process works , it takes 10 to 12 months and in some cases longer for the visa to get approved . keep yourself occupied with other things .. prayers are with you to be with your husband soon.

All i wanted to say is having a B2 also doesn't guarantee that you will be able to visit . So don't feel bad or worry about it

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

Here are the reasons...doesn't look like your hardship qualifies.

Thanks for the link.

Will look it up - its not opening at the moment. I guess I may consider going to Toronto on visit visa and getting a small place to live in and he could visit more regularly...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the link.

Will look it up - its not opening at the moment. I guess I may consider going to Toronto on visit visa and getting a small place to live in and he could visit more regularly...

. Please don't abuse a Canadian visit visa

. Please don't abuse a Canadian visit visa

Is it wrong to stay in Canada and not work there? Is it abuse? If I went and returned before it expired?

I can't continue to stay where I am for more than a few weeks - my ex has made my life miserable and I have got no where with the legal system.

I have never lived in my home country in my life... confused on where to go...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Is it wrong to stay in Canada and not work there? Is it abuse? If I went and returned before it expired?

I can't continue to stay where I am for more than a few weeks - my ex has made my life miserable and I have got no where with the legal system.

I have never lived in my home country in my life... confused on where to go...

When you intend to live there yes that is abuse. How would you find your lifestyle? Find a legal way or a third country to have residence in. Edited by Transborderwife

I have been looking if Abu Dhabi does Direct Consular Filing - found no information...I guess it means no. Anybody any idea?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.