Pitaya

Let's wake up this lackluster Presidential election cycle!

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The untimely passing of SCOTUS Justice Antonin Scalia has created the "Perfect Storm" that may just be the way to liven up this very lackluster Presidential election cycle. The Senate GOP leadership indicates that the POTUS should leave the replacement SCOTUS justice nomination to the next president. The President has indicated that he will perform his duty and nominate a replacement to the GOP-controlled Senate for confirmation. One GOP senator from Texas, who is also a presidential aspirant, has indicated he will filibuster any attempt to have nomination hearings. Is that the same response the last time a lame-duck President, who was in a very similar situation, got when he nominated a replacement SCOTUS justice?

Here is the name of a qualified jurist from California who should be on Obama's short list of possible SCOTUS nominees, Mariano Florentino Cuellar, It would seem that he is a quite educated, well qualified gentleman who was approved by unanimous bipartisan vote to be a California State Supreme Court Justice. If he survives the vetting process, I would suggest that this nominee could be cause for the rabble inside the Beltway to have fits. Who knows he may be just what is needed at the SCOTUS?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/15/the-gop-s-worst-nightmare-scotus-nominee.html

This event may indeed interject some life into this somewhat dreary Presidential election cycle.

YMMV.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

I heard some hilarious quotes from schumer during Bush's reign that speak ill of the kind of behavior he is today chastising republicans for doing. Love the hypocrisy.

Anyway we all know Obama will nominate a minority or a woman or both. Guarantee.

That article is exactly why with each passing year I dislike progressives more.

Let America watch as old white-guy senator after old white-guy senator goes on TV to say “Oh, it’s nothing against Mr. Cuellar, it’s all about Obama, and the people’s voice.” And let America watch as nominee Donald Trump says the same thing. Or even Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz—in some ways that’s even worse for the GOP, to have a Cuban-American (or Cuban-Canadian-American) stand up and say this Mexican-American doesn’t belong on the Supreme Court. There are around 33 million Mexican-Americans in the country—and around 2 million Cuban Americans.

It's calling out these senators for their race, by being racist, despite the entire premise of the article itself being racist; that Obama should nominate somebody because of their race, to gain votes. It's abhorrent, but that's modern american politics. Race everything even when it shouldn't be. Which is why I said no way a white guy is nominated.

But if he decided to nominate him, boy would it be great to see those people squirm.

Yeah screw what's best for the country. Just whatever is best to make the other side mad. That's really a fine way forward for an extremely divided country. Divide it further by "scoring points" whenever possible.

Edited by ExPatty

Good luck!

"The other side" is always mad. I am waiting for at least one brave Republican candidate to stand up and chastise the deceased Conservative Justice for having the temerity to pass away before said candidate wins the election so that he could choose the next Supreme Court justice.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

"The other side" is always mad. I am waiting for at least one brave Republican candidate to stand up and chastise the deceased Conservative Justice for having the temerity to pass away before said candidate wins the election so that he could choose the next Supreme Court justice.

Does it seem odd that a man that such an important figure died outside of medical care, with no known medical problems, was declared dead by a judge that never saw him, embalmed within 24 hours and no autopsy.

Sounds like a Clinton scenario

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does it seem odd that a man that such an important figure died outside of medical care, with no known medical problems, was declared dead by a judge that never saw him, embalmed within 24 hours and no autopsy.

she'll win the presidency, what you are seeing now is just the first steps.......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hopefully someone has Bernie's eulogy ready to go, he may be next.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Yes! Rumors of Jade Helm ending were false flags, and HRC is just adding to her now legendary kill count!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

What is the logic behind waiting on the next president? The current president has a year left and choosing a person for one of the most important positions we have is this country is his responsibility. I know *why* many want him to wait but I don't see making the claim that its the right thing to do with a straight face....

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

There's absolutely nothing in the Constitution, or in James Madison's writings, that compels the Senate to provide its "advice & consent" within any time frame.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

There is also nothing in the Constitution that speaks about the requiremens of a Supreme Court justice, evidently they are not even required to be a lawyer....God save the Queen !

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

What is the logic behind waiting on the next president? The current president has a year left and choosing a person for one of the most important positions we have is this country is his responsibility. I know *why* many want him to wait but I don't see making the claim that its the right thing to do with a straight face....

The only logic I could see for Obama waiting is that in the event HRC or Bernie wins in November, maybe they would appoint him to SCOTUS.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Let's wake up this lackluster Presidential election cycle!

Apologies, I thought you were going to post the pr0n or at least some food pr0n. Grrr !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

eh - it's a urine-streaming contest - it's Mitch's way, really, to tell Banal Barry that regardless of who-ever he sends in for nominations, the Senate Confirmation Hearings, staffed by Republicans, will take an inordinate amount of time and no one will make it out of the committee hearings unscathed, much less have a nomination rubberstamped in the Senate. At least this is the pattern whilst Banal Barry is still in office.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

The untimely passing of SCOTUS Justice Antonin Scalia has created the "Perfect Storm" that may just be the way to liven up this very lackluster Presidential election cycle. The Senate GOP leadership indicates that the POTUS should leave the replacement SCOTUS justice nomination to the next president. The President has indicated that he will perform his duty and nominate a replacement to the GOP-controlled Senate for confirmation. One GOP senator from Texas, who is also a presidential aspirant, has indicated he will filibuster any attempt to have nomination hearings. Is that the same response the last time a lame-duck President, who was in a very similar situation, got when he nominated a replacement SCOTUS justice?

Here is the name of a qualified jurist from California who should be on Obama's short list of possible SCOTUS nominees, Mariano Florentino Cuellar, It would seem that he is a quite educated, well qualified gentleman who was approved by unanimous bipartisan vote to be a California State Supreme Court Justice. If he survives the vetting process, I would suggest that this nominee could be cause for the rabble inside the Beltway to have fits. Who knows he may be just what is needed at the SCOTUS?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/15/the-gop-s-worst-nightmare-scotus-nominee.html

This event may indeed interject some life into this somewhat dreary Presidential election cycle.

YMMV.

All sarcasm and quipping aside, I think it's time for a transgender human to get through, onto SCOTUS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

eh - it's a urine-streaming contest - it's Mitch's way, really, to tell Banal Barry that regardless of who-ever he sends in for nominations, the Senate Confirmation Hearings, staffed by Republicans, will take an inordinate amount of time and no one will make it out of the committee hearings unscathed, much less have a nomination rubberstamped in the Senate. At least this is the pattern whilst Banal Barry is still in office.

Most likely - but they can't complain about the republicans blocking a nominee if one is never sent in the first place.

The only logic I could see for Obama waiting is that in the event HRC or Bernie wins in November, maybe they would appoint him to SCOTUS.

That is brilliant!

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect