vermont77

Separated 4 months after Marriage. Well that was fun

69 posts in this topic

Vermont77, there goes my earlier point as per Alicia's advise to you. You KNEW! Whilst one would want to feel some sympathy for you, it is hard to do so as you are a willing participant. Take charge of this situation and do what needs to be done. Withdraw any support hereon and move one with your life. Hopefully you are not paying for her ticket back to DR (that is, if she is really heading back).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

While the way this story has unfolded is very juicy, I would hate to see someone who owns a small business and generally seems to be nice have their life ruined by a bloodsucking con artist. You know what you need to do. I wouldn't even bother mailing anything, go to your nearest USCIS office that takes walk-ins and speak with an officer directly! Take all proof.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

The typical immigrants I know, will do the currency conversions every time the USC is making a purchase, and usually tries to talk you out of making "expensive" purchases.

:lol: Tell me about it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

"... upsurge of twitter and Facebook that allows foreigners to have some realistic view of America and Americans..."

You must be kidding!!! Facebook a realistic view? Most people only put the most complimentary, flattering things about theirself on Facebook. If you looked at Facebook, it looks like everyone in the USA is beautiful, has nice cars and a wonderful home, and spends half their time yucking it up with beautiful friends, some of the time with the smartest children in the world, and the rest of their time working at a job they love...

The friends were visiting for one night, as they drove through on their way out of state looking for another job after being laid off. The kids are home because they got expelled from school, and the job sucks so bad they only get out of bed in the morning because the fat American spouse rolled over and started snoring louder than any alarm clock...

I'm really a fairly positive person...?

Seriously you need to make sure she gets on the plane back to the DR. I say this because there have been cases on here in the past that it didn't workout with the couple and he dropped her off at the airport with a ticket home, and she just didn't get on the plane. Pull the AOS paperwork NOW.

That's true. It matters what the other person thinks too, but it isn't really fair to say she used him or is a shopaholic based on his comment. Everyone here is very quick to make her sound evil when you don't know ###### about her, and are making judgements based on comments by his ex-husband.

Don't take it personally. But people are telling the truth. I have been in kinda similar situation. So if he continue this marriage he will end up with no money. What do you call your spouse who doesn't understand financial situation, tell me. Because precisely she doesn't even care about him and buying all the type of expensive things. Does it sound like a good person. Of course at the end of the day it is his decision. It is very difficult to keep such marriage.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

She apparently has a trove of evidence against me and has been wire tapping me with her cell phone since day 1. She said she has recorded every argument we ever had.

Dang, so when me and another person said to be careful and I specifically said to record everything I was right. It's often easier to see these things when not so close because emotion is no longer a part of the situation.

My 1st trip to the DR was just an amazing time. The 2nd trip, I noticed the romance going downhill and she wasn't like she was the 1st trip. I went for a 3rd time, we argued everyday about stupid #######
So you simply acted against your own best judgement. At least you didn't have a kid, though this is going to be a very expensive learning lesson for you.

Considering you make a decent living and are very giving I think you will make somebody a decent enough husband, but not to this woman. You've been hosed. Cut the cord, she is useless to you, get on eharmony and find somebody worth your time. Your current wife is nothing but a bloodsucking leech who is making your life considerably worse.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Inappropriate, argumentative and posts that bypass the language filter removed. If you cannot contribute to the topic do not post.~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Your main problem is that you didn't listen to the guy who tried to give you some excellent advice from his own experience. In Latino culture, women expect men to act like men, and when they respect their men, they don't step all over them. (Yes, it's a generalization, but generalizations are generally true.) They way you did it: $600 cell phone, you let her just stop going to class, you continue to enable her shopping, she has ZERO respect for you. You gave her too much, too fast, so you started this trend. You are the means to her end (her goal is to remain in the US legally with her family), and will suck you dry as the paperwork is processed, and then ADIOS!

She is using you because YOU are letting her. How does she shop so much when she doesn't work? Take away the credit card and the shopping is done. And WHY on earth did you file for AOS. I'd guess that she was really putting pressure to do so. And I know Latinas can cause a ton of drama if they don't get their way, so it's easier just to give in. I have done it myself a few times in past relationships. This way she can be living in Washington Heights (with hre family) much faster. Oh wait, I forgot, she is already living there. So she gets to spend your money and doesn't have to sleep with you (which must be hard considering that she doesn't love or want to be with you). And she has the stones to cut you out pictures she posts on FB. Wanna know why? She doesn't want her DR boyfriend to see them.

my thoughts for you is to ditch this one, there's no way you can re-gain her respect for you. Stop the AOS (contact USCIS and ask to withdraw I-864... make an INFOPASS appt and tell them in person, as well as calling the 800 number and also mail in a letter requesting the same). File for divorce. Cut off all contact with her. I would even move and don't tell her where because you can be sure that she will show up at your door begging for a second chance once she gets served with the divorce papers and sees her plan falling apart. Like somebody said, don't fall for it.

As a general comment relevant to this situiation, I have personally seen and known too many American guys who fell in lust (it's not love, lets be real) with a hot Latina over the course of a week-long (or less) vacation. They usually don't speak the same language. He speaks 3 words of Spanish, and she speak 3 words of English, but she's hot and good in bed. USC men love to brag about the money, houses, cars, etc they have. The women fall in love with those things. And the USC's think that the girl is in love with them. They usually make a few trips to visit the girl (no more than a week at a time), they are on vacation mode where there is no budget, no work, no responsibilities, no bills, all fun, etc, And within a few months, they are filing for K1. And then you can read the OP's first post to see what happens next.

Edited by Eric-Pris

hello, friend, sorry to hear that, but you knew very well that she was a scam.

i told you a million of time that she is a scam, she only wanted go to USA, i advised you many times , you didnt listen, dont complain now.

you knew very well how she bouthg the expensive clothes, you knew very well that she was with diferents men to get money.

you knew all that, but you were blind and you didnt wanted listen me,

sorry for you.

now you complain here in the forum, but i am sure you will continue with this scammer,

when she was here you used complain about her, but you continued with the process anyway.

you knew that she is lazy and that she like expend money,

i am going to wait your next post here, saying that you are with her because you love her jijijijijijo

I didn't want to accuse her of what I'm about to say, but this post kind of confirmed my suspicions. Did you meet her in Blackbeards in Puerto Plata or in Sosua? For those that don't know, those are places in DR where the majority of prostitution takes place. (I was young once too :rofl: )

She never worked as a "secretary". Expensive clothes, different men for money, she was a working girl in my opinion. I think that he was probably her client at some point.

This guy knew it and so this I suspect is really not a surprise of what has transpired. And now he has to try to clean up the mess. Unfortunately, I have seen this same scenario play out with a couple of men in Costa Rica.

Edited by Eric-Pris

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I didn't want to accuse her of what I'm about to say, but this post kind of confirmed my suspicions. Did you meet her in Blackbeards in Puerto Plata or in Sosua? For those that don't know, those are places in DR where the majority of prostitution takes place. (I was young once too :rofl: )

She never worked as a "secretary". Expensive clothes, different men for money, she was a working girl in my opinion. I think that he was probably her client at some point.

This guy knew it and so this I suspect is really not a surprise of what has transpired. And now he has to try to clean up the mess. Unfortunately, I have seen this same scenario play out with a couple of men in Costa Rica.

I agree with this. I am just glad Eric Ruffled the feathers and not me

I met this guy here in my country and he is a good huy.

I met the girl too, inmediatelky i saw her i new she was a scammer, i advise him and ge didnt listen me.

He was blind for her.

she was with diferents men but he didnt care.

He was paying for an apparment and it wasnt truth she wasnt living in an apparment.

He met her on dominicancupid, but his mistake was saying that he had his own bussines.

Inmediatelly she red that she was happy , knowing he has money .

I really sorry because this guy is a hard working, and this woman will take all he has.

This guy doesnt listen, she is with her sister in other state, but she will be back call the police and acuse him as abuser, she will get green card and his money.

This guy had all oportunity to stop her here in DR but he didnt listen.

She was living in Samana a tourist city, there isnt a lot prostitute but there are.

This girl used to be with diferents men to have good cloths and money.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It amazes me how American men go to a foreign country and fall for a bad woman. There are so many nice and good women in foreign countries. And there are a lot of women that a man can connect with and develop a relationship. Op should have listened when a man from that country tells him not to fall for a woman with alterior motives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.