vermont77

Separated 4 months after Marriage. Well that was fun

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

or maybe don't be a shallow SOB and marry someone for their hotness -_- I agree with Una Mexicana. If you love this woman, flaws and all, make it work, otherwise move on.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

People keep saying if you love her...#######,marriage is not just about if YOU love someone, but if the person loves you and respects you as well. In my opinion she is using you big time.We are our choices, you can embrace to be used as a bank or kick her out of your life.It's your call.

That's true. It matters what the other person thinks too, but it isn't really fair to say she used him or is a shopaholic based on his comment. Everyone here is very quick to make her sound evil when you don't know about her, and are making judgements based on comments by his ex-husband.

You have three options: try to make it work, do nothing, or cancel your affidavit of support which will result in her being unable to legally stay in the US.

If you two are done and you're willing to make her go back to the DR, you have that option if her AOS hasn't been approved. You would have to contact the USCIS to have them cancel your I-864 affidavit of support. That will effectively cancel her AOS. But if you do that, she will not be able to get an EAD or adjust status to stay. And if you ended up staying together, you'd have to re-file and pay the fee again. Be sure you want to end your relationship before doing this because there's no easy way back. I'd also recommend seeing a divorce lawyer and starting to protect yourself from a VAWA accusation.

If her AOS is approved before you cancel your affidavit of support, you can be held liable if she received public assistance. And that liability lasts until she WORKS 40 quarters in the USA. That can be a long time if she doesn't like to work and can live with relatives.

If you stay together, be sure it's because you want to be together and not just for her status. At her AOS interview, they'll ask questions about your relationship. And you'll have to be honest. If they think the marriage was or is for status, they can investigate it as fraud. I don't know how often that actually happens but I know it happens. But if you're actively working to make your relationship work, even if it's a rough road, then the adjustment will be legal.

Good luck with whatever you decide. You're in a hard spot. But if you decide on getting a divorce, I'd read more of the topics in this thread. VAWA charges can wreck your reputation and be a huge headache. From how you describe your wife, I'd take precautions to protect myself.

JR, Thank you, this was very good advice. I am going to wait a week or more before I decide on my next step.

Thank you all for your tips and information. I am going to seriously consider my options over the next 2 weeks. We are married and we have filed for the AOS. She is currently living in Manhattan with her sister while we figure out how to proceed. I live in Vermont. I have told her I don't care about money. I could be homeless living in a tent with her and still be happy. All I wanted was to be with her. She's not here to get her greencard - infact she has talked about going back to her country and cancelling the entire process out. She says she hates the USA because you have to work hard for a little money. She sees me putting in 12-14 hour days working my *ss off and then the government takes 30% for taxes. In the DR, you make fish food for income but they don't take taxes out. So now her perception is - it's actually not an easy life here in the good ol' USA. I am going to talk to a divorce lawyer this week and see how to proceed.

wow Sorry to hear that, it is nice to show off a beautiful girl as your wife but if she doesn't appreciates or respects you what good is it? Clearly you guys dont have much in common, she likes to spend money she doesnt work for and most likely she will vanish once she has her papers honey, and at that point you are going to suffer more because you are goin to feel used and nobody likes that feeling. So I suggest you act ASAP and open your eyes! Counseling doesn't work that is for fools!

Good Luck.

The FB and Google Translator parts of your post got me...My husband just came from DR less than 2 weeks ago. We ditched the translator and whatsapp as soon as he arrived. He's been to 2 ESL classes. I can speak enough Spanish and he doesn't speak any English beyond Hello How are you? However, we are both determined to make this work. Your situation sounds like she's not even trying to make it work. She doesn't want to be here, so let her go...All you can do is say you tried!

And yes she's using you and will keep on doing it because you told her money isn't a thing

K1 Process20157/15 Sent I-129F7/27 RFE Received and Replied Same Day7/29 NOA1 (electronic)-text, email and website 8/6 NOA1 (hard copy)8/13 NOA2 (electronic)-email and website 8/17 NOA2 (hard copy)9/11 NVC Received9/14 NVC Case # Assigned9/30 Left NVC and Embassy "received" after extended AP10/7 Emergency Interview11/16....approved but waiting in the black hole AP AGAIN!11/20 AP finally changed to non-immigrant AP11/24 ISSUED11/25 Visa in Hand and Headed to the airport!!! AOS in 2016Filed 2/4/16Combo Card In hand 4/21/16<p>Interview scheduled 10/17/16 Approved on the spot

Filed: Timeline

yes very true. Don't marry someone you meet on vacation. remember these people spend their lives observing American culture. They take advantage of a situation. There are far and few here who actually make it. TLC has 90 day visa, they should do a post show Removing Conditions and see how many made it past the two years. Many of these people come with an agenda and use emotional warfare to you over.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Grenada
Timeline

You sound like a good guy. I think this woman just used you to get out of DR. Have you try discussing her nasty ways to her. It's either she's narcissistic or just clueless. I really feel for you,especially the part where she don't shop on the sales rack. #######?

I am a hard working woman making a good salary and I shop on the sales and clearance rack. If she doesn't change her ways you need to dump her real quick. Do keep us posted :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Laziest person you ever met worked 70 hours weeks? Interesting....

Sounds like your wife might be depressed and has a hard time adjusting.

Adjusting from B1/B2
Day 1 01/22/2013 AOS package sent
Day 67 03/29/ 2013 Greencard Arrived .

Eligible for ROC December 21st 2014

Day 001 12/22/2014 ROC package sent to CSC

Day 154 05/24/2015 Greencard arrived with SOMEONE ELSE'S PICTURE AND SIGNATURE

Day 409 02/04/2016 New card production

Eligible for citizenship January 5th 2016- 3 year rule

Day 1 01/04/2016 N-400 Mailed to Phoenix

Day 9 01/13/2016 check cashed/ case accepted

Day22 01/25/2016 Biometric letter for 02/03 ( early bio 01/28)

Day 196 Interview Letter received 07/18/2016

Day 224 Interview 08/15/2016 + same day oath+ same day passport application.

I AM A US CITIZEN!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.