lala64

Another chance

37 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Congratulations on the second interview. Take everything but the kitchen sink, from day one to current.

Think of a stokes being 'The newlywed game' on steroids. Everything will be asked that can push your buttons, stay calm and positive

and confident. Know each other's siblings, relative ...auntie so and so, birthdays of children and siblings, crazy stuff like what does his/her email

mean etc etc.....we had a stokes on a K1 but the CO called me on the phone and interviewed me.

You are older so you may be asked what about kids, does he want to have kids with you and so on.

What color of underwear is she wearing, what is her favorite____(fill in the blank on whatever), what movie did he/she watch last.....it is endless

and you just need to know what normal couples know but add to it because they will try to trip you up.

Know everything about each other and then some.

Best wishes, go bring him home !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Please prepare yourself. No question is of limit with this type of follow up interview. They will usually put you guys in different rooms and ask each of you the same questions. They want to make sure your stories are the same or at lease most of them are similar. They will ask you intimate bedroom questions. Answer truthfully and stick to your answers. If you do not know an answer simply state that fact. I don't know. DO not try to guess the answer because remember your spouse might be in a different room answering the same question.

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gosh, you sure did something to turn this thing around.

Just take anything and everything you can think of to this interview, and I wish you the best of luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gosh, you sure did something to turn this thing around.

Just take anything and everything you can think of to this interview, and I wish you the best of luck.

Yes...I cried and pray.. HARD! I then starting talking to my friends and family who of course asked if they could talk to the CO lol but instead offered emails. My travel agent, my real estate agent who has heard me on the phone asking him if he would like this or that while looking at houses. the Minister who is to marry us once he is here, my best friends, sisters, sons, daughter in law all of which has seen me over the last 14 months live think drink and eat (my fiancé) it just didn't seem fair and also got my congressman involved. she will still get an answer as to why he was denied so that we can be prepared to address it once we go to the next interview. I will continue to pray and ask for your prayers or higher power to bless us. this union is far from fake and I would love nothing more than to sit in a room for how ever long and express this to the CO. thanks everyone for your help this has been a grueling week. finding a flight at this time is tough too but I will survive. I believe that when you truly love someone as much as I love him you will be tested but I am far from a quitter and if for some reason this does not go our way I am prepared for the next steps. thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Wow, congratulations on getting a second interview. :) You deserve a pat on the back, you must have put in some serious work to get the embassy to change their minds and set up a second interview. Congratulations again and good luck.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations on getting another interview. They are really testing you by asking you to fly there. Stay calm and tell him to stay calm. Be prepared to be interviewed by more than one person. My husband was interviewed by 3 people at the same time. They screamed at him that he just married me for a visa, they asked him questions about my ex-husband such as why we broke up and his age. They pulled out all the stops but through it all he remained calm and just answered their questions. Finally they said his English was so good he should apply for a work visa instead of a marriage one. His answer was no I want to go there only to be with my wife. That was a trick question. Had he showed any interest in any other visa he would not be here today.

At the end of the interview, his third, they said you will only get the visa because of all the effort of your wife. We can tell she really loves you.

God bless both of you to do well and I hope you can find plane tickets you can afford.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

be confident

i beat the age difference sending emails reminding embassy and immigration and my Senator it is illegal to discriminate because of age

in the US for decades, they have allowed 70 and 80 year old men to marry younger 19 and 20 year olds and bring them to the US / and we have witnessed this for a long time

my brother in law was over 75 and married a woman 42 years younger than him

took him only a year for her visa

this is what i fought / i won

Good Luck

Timeline

Yes...I cried and pray.. HARD! I then starting talking to my friends and family who of course asked if they could talk to the CO lol but instead offered emails. My travel agent, my real estate agent who has heard me on the phone asking him if he would like this or that while looking at houses. the Minister who is to marry us once he is here, my best friends, sisters, sons, daughter in law all of which has seen me over the last 14 months live think drink and eat (my fiancé) it just didn't seem fair and also got my congressman involved. she will still get an answer as to why he was denied so that we can be prepared to address it once we go to the next interview. I will continue to pray and ask for your prayers or higher power to bless us. this union is far from fake and I would love nothing more than to sit in a room for how ever long and express this to the CO. thanks everyone for your help this has been a grueling week. finding a flight at this time is tough too but I will survive. I believe that when you truly love someone as much as I love him you will be tested but I am far from a quitter and if for some reason this does not go our way I am prepared for the next steps. thanks.

I'm so glad to hear that you are still fighting for love! This is only a test of your faith and everything will work out in your favor! Only a test will reveal a true testimony! Sending Prayers your way!

Blessings,

Ashley

K - 1 Fiance Visa Process (I-129F Petition)

(L) Engaged (L) - March 22, 2015

K-1 Petition Sent (via USPS) - April 10, 2015

K-1 Petition Received - April 15, 2015

NOA1 (Email & Text) - April 16, 2015

NOA2 (Email, Text & App Notification) - May 22, 2015 (37 LONG Days from NOA1) :dance:

NOA2 (Official I-797 via Mail) - May 29, 2015

NVC Received (Phone Verification) - June 10, 2015

NVC Issued Case Number (Phone Verification) - June 11, 2015

Left NVC (Phone Verification) - June 15, 2015

Consulate Received (CEAC Website) - June 16, 2015

Emailed for Packet 3 - June 16, 2015 (US Immigration Computer Glitch Era: 6/9-6/23)

Emailed for Packet 3 - June 23, 2015 (2nd Attempt)

Received Packet 3 (via Email) - June 24, 2015

Scheduled Interview & Medical - June 24, 2015

Medical Appointment - July 3, 2015 (Medical Paperwork Picked-up 7/15/15)

Consulate Interview - July 17, 2015 (Approved) :dancing:

CEAC Web Status Update: "Ready" Case Created Date: Case Updated 7/20/2015 (Non-Immigrant Visa Application)
CEAC Web Status Update: "Administrative Processing" Case Updated 7/22/2015
CEAC Web Status Update: "Issued" Case Updated 7/24/2015 :dancing:

Department of State email stating Visa documents are at DHL Kingston ready for pickup - July 28, 2015 @ 5:45PM

Documents Transferred to Montego Bay, Jamaica for pickup w/DHL - July 29, 2015 (Called DHL Kingston to make request; Will be available 7/30/15)

Visa in Hand at DHL Montego Bay - July 30, 2015 @ 1:30PM :dance:

US Entry (IAH - Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport) - August 8, 2015

Court House Marriage - September 1, 2015

Applied for Social Security Card (In-Person in Houston about an hour wait) - September 1, 2015 (No Issues)

Adjustment of Status Process (I-485, I-131, I-765)

Sent I-485, I-765, I-131 (via USPS) - October 1, 2015

Applications Received - October 5, 2015

NOA1 (Email & Text) - October 8, 2015

NOA1 (Hard Copy) - October 13, 2015

Biometrics Appointment Letter Received - October 19, 2015

Biometrics Appointment - October 30, 2015

Wedding Ceremony - October 31, 2015

Service Request - December 28, 2015 (Called USCIS to check status of I-765 (Work Permit), representative put in Request for update since we were approaching 90 days)

New Card Is Being Produced (Text & Website) - December 30, 2015 (Status Update for Green Card (I-485) Case) :dancing:

Case Was Approved (Text & Website) - December 31, 2015 (I-485 Case)

Card Was Mailed (Text & Website) - January 5, 2016 (I-485 Case)

Green Card Received (USPS) - January 8, 2016 :dancing: :idea: :dancing: :no: :thumbs: :yes: :dance: :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Congrats..This is amazing.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

I'm so glad to hear that you are still fighting for love! This is only a test of your faith and everything will work out in your favor! Only a test will reveal a true testimony! Sending Prayers your way!

Blessings,

Ashley

Thank you dear Ashley,

I am sooooooo grateful for your prayers and support. I am hoping for great news after the interview. We should pass the test with flying colors and even though we are required to prove our love for each other... to each other there is nothing to prove and that is the fact that keeps my fire burning!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Although I was not asked, I attended my husband's interview and we were both given mini stokes interviews. The interviews were done right in the waiting room and I could hear what was being asked and how my husband answered, it was kind of pointless. Actually they interviewed me much longer than my husband, for some reason they were pre-occupied with asking questions about my ex-husband and I was asked very few questions about my current husband. We brought lots of extra evidence but was never asked to show any of it. You are VERY lucky, very few people get a second chance to prove their case, so I would bring everything under the sun and make sure you that and your fiance know every single last detail about each other, each other's families and friends. You never know what they will ask and they can and will ask just about anything. I am not trying to scare you, but being prepared is what will be the game changer. Good luck and go get that visa!!!

Timeline

Although I was not asked, I attended my husband's interview and we were both given mini stokes interviews. The interviews were done right in the waiting room and I could hear what was being asked and how my husband answered, it was kind of pointless. Actually they interviewed me much longer than my husband, for some reason they were pre-occupied with asking questions about my ex-husband and I was asked very few questions about my current husband. We brought lots of extra evidence but was never asked to show any of it. You are VERY lucky, very few people get a second chance to prove their case, so I would bring everything under the sun and make sure you that and your fiance know every single last detail about each other, each other's families and friends. You never know what they will ask and they can and will ask just about anything. I am not trying to scare you, but being prepared is what will be the game changer. Good luck and go get that visa!!!

Thank you dear for the words of encouragement! I will try to be as prepared as possible. I already know a lot about him and vice versa. I will go a few days in advance so that we can discuss more in detail as well as over the phone. thanks again. I am hoping that this second chance will be a success. God bless you all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I will go a few days in advance

This is a great opportunity to take copious photos of yourselves together in various situations and venues. Get them printed out, then hand them over at the embassy window, one after the other.

Mrs. T-B.-to-be and I did that before our Stokes interview. It was rather gratifying to hand over a zillion pictures with such eager, rapid-fire explanation that the collector was overwhelmed. You're being watched the whole time, remember.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

This is a great opportunity to take copious photos of yourselves together in various situations and venues. Get them printed out, then hand them over at the embassy window, one after the other.

Mrs. T-B.-to-be and I did that before our Stokes interview. It was rather gratifying to hand over a zillion pictures with such eager, rapid-fire explanation that the collector was overwhelmed. You're being watched the whole time, remember.

Totally agree with every word ! Rapid fire with a smile and a story. Let the love ooze and fill that place :lol:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.