lala64

Another chance

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Please see below email, I am happy and nervous, Please help me to understand what I should take for this interview! thanks for everyones prayers
Good day,
After further review, as a result of the emails received from friends and family members, the Consul Officer has deemed it possible to grant a follow up interview with you, the Petitioner and the Applicant THOMPSON, Rhomaine Jerome. This interview must be conducted before the petition expires on 25-Sep-2015. Interviews of this nature are conducted on Tuesdays at 1:30 PM and Fridays at 11:00 AM. Please respond to this email indicating a date which is convenient to you in order to facilitate scheduling.
Regards,
Immigrant Visa Unit
Embassy of the United States of America
Kingston, Jamaica

I don't know what you need to bring, but this seems to be positive since I seen you've had many recent problems! I am surprised that they require both of you there, so one thing you need is a plane ticket and a plane ticket fast! Oy vey!!!! I hope it works out this time around!!!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

This is good news. I would take everything under the sun and just be prepAred for some tough questions. All the best I am glad they are giving you another chance.

October 30th, 2015 Marriage
AOS I131, I765, I465, Filed November 12th, 2015.
NOA August 29th, 2015.
Biometrics completed December 18th, 2015
I465 changed to Ready for Interview December 23rd, 2015.

December 8th 2014: Posted Documents Express Mail.
December 9th 2014: NOA1 text, Hardcopy on Dec 12th.
May 26 2015: NOA 2

June 1st 2015: NOA 2 Received in mail.

June 2nd 2015: Sent to NVC.

June 9th 2015: Received at NVC.

June 11th 2015: Case Number Assigned.

June 15th 2015: NVC Sent To Embassy.

June 16th 2015:Guyana Embassy Received.

June 19th 2015: Package 3 email to Petitioner received.

June 22nd 2015:Package 3 emailed to Consulate

June 23rd 2015: Package 3 received by Consulate

: Readiness sent off.

.August 11, 2015: Medical

July 29th, 2015 Packet 4 Received .

August 26th, 2015. Interview

August 28th, 2015 Visa Received

September 5th, 2015 POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Please see below email, I am happy and nervous, Please help me to understand what I should take for this interview! thanks for everyones prayers
Good day,
After further review, as a result of the emails received from friends and family members, the Consul Officer has deemed it possible to grant a follow up interview with you, the Petitioner and the Applicant THOMPSON, Rhomaine Jerome. This interview must be conducted before the petition expires on 25-Sep-2015. Interviews of this nature are conducted on Tuesdays at 1:30 PM and Fridays at 11:00 AM. Please respond to this email indicating a date which is convenient to you in order to facilitate scheduling.
Regards,
Immigrant Visa Unit
Embassy of the United States of America
Kingston, Jamaica

Everything from when you meet to now. chats, (plz leave the money transfers out of it since its only one way). Pictures pictures and more pictures of you with family (hopefully parents) and close friends and siblings.

You are showing your bonafide relationship this is it. Congratulations on how to do.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They are going to have a very detailed interview with both of you, and possible stokes interview. You need to bring everything that you have as evidence that you previously submitted and anything that you did not submit. Regardless of how thick your pack of evidence is, take anything and everything you can think of.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

AMAZING! You got this girl! I got to attend my fiance's interview and I just know it helped that I was there. You can't deny true love when it's right in your face. Plus, it's hard to deny the bonafide nature of your relationship if you drop everything to fly to Jamaica within 30 days and take them up on the offer of a second chance.

Also, I was reading previous posts about whether or not to bring Western Union receipts, we brought every single one showing that I regularly sent money to my fiance for several years. I can't advise you what to do in terms of the WU receipts, just sharing my prospective. I mean USCIS expects you to make enough money to care for your fiance when he's in America, and you are financial responsible for caring for him in the unlikely event that you separate, so why shouldn't you be able to send him money via Western Union when he's in his home country? It's hard out there, and you're planning to start your lives together as a family. And family supports one another no matter what.

With all my heart I am wishing you two the best!

<3

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

But with an age difference relationship it can take on a different meaning. So as Dwheels advised tread lightly in that area. Truly.

I am soooo happy for you! I'll be praying! Knock 'em out di box! :joy:

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

They are going to have a very detailed interview with both of you, and possible stokes interview. You need to bring everything that you have as evidence that you previously submitted and anything that you did not submit. Regardless of how thick your pack of evidence is, take anything and everything you can think of.

What is a stokes interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A very in depth interview to test your true knowledge of each other

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/336331-stokes-interview-questions/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

In depth isn't the word you are separated and asked the same questions. And they should match up. It can be from when you last had sex and how? to the color of your room or house. To the names of your children (middle names). To your bosses name and the address where you work. It can be anything.

This is a time you (Petitioner) may be asked more questions then him.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

I'm significantly older than my fiance. We weren't going in there with any fears or doubts, and that was a decision we made for ourselves despite recommendations otherwise. The decision is up to you guys -- I just wanted to offer a different prospective than what was presented here so far.

But with an age difference relationship it can take on a different meaning. So as Dwheels advised tread lightly in that area. Truly.

I am soooo happy for you! I'll be praying! Knock 'em out di box! :joy:

I'm significantly older than my fiance. We weren't going in there with any fears or doubts, and that was a decision we made for ourselves despite recommendations otherwise. The decision is up to you guys -- I just wanted to offer a different prospective than what was presented here so far.

WHOA excuse me - my HUSBAND! I'm still getting used to it!! I've been practicing my new signature a lot though. (L) (L)

Timeline

Thanks everyone for words of wisdom. I will take everything I had for the petition and include all I have now. as far as the WU receipts, I didn't start until we were preparing for the expenses for the interview and I already emailed those and so I can not exclude those so I don't even have a long paper trail of western union receipts. I have the chats though 800 pages and before the month is out I am sure it will be a 1000 tango screen shots you name it I am taking it. I will be prepared for whatever they ask. I am not afraid of that I was married before and didn't know his child's middle name lol but ok I will take heed. thanks all this is a good day. looking for a flight now. :)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Stokes interview is when you both are individually questioned (interogated) and they match your responses. Questions can be intensive, and elicit a specific response

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

Stokes interview is when you both are individually questioned (interogated) and they match your responses. Questions can be intensive, and elicit a specific response

OK... when looking at the stokes questions they are mostly geared toward married couples. asking where they got married etc etc.. is there any stokes for K1 that I could look at?

Filed: Timeline

You and mate will be stoked...stay calm, take all evidences to interview,

they expect real answers as lovey dovey couples would chit chat about

because they cant be together, EX.an incident when younger (not all) best

friends, family members,even schools you attended, don't try to appear to

younger but dress in a way that you compliment each other , most of all get

rid of the nerves & smile ,real couples would not bat an eye...Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.