az143

Strange Pregnancy - Need Help

25 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

This question is directed to anyone of Haitian descent. Let me preface this by saying that I am very aware that different cultures have different beliefs and all I am looking for is someone who can confirm this belief who is Haitian. Please bear with with me on this. My fiance is from Haiti and has recently shared with me that he has a 4 month old baby with a woman he claims he has not seen in 3.5 years. He states that this woman and him were sexually involved and that she got pregnant with his baby. But that the woman had complications and that the baby did not develop until 13 months ago and she finally gave birth in January 2015. This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard and have consulted with doctors who of course tell me this is impossible.

Him and I met 9 months ago, so if him and this woman were together it was before I was in the picture. So if the baby is his, no problem. I accept it and life goes on. But can someone please shed some light on this story that he is telling me. Has anyone ever heard of this? He is upset with me because I don't believe his story. I don't understand why he would lie, being that is was before we met. So it would have no implications on our relationship. He also claims that his mother says the same thing happened to her.

I hope someone on here can help me out. I can accept the baby, but not his story.

Best Regards,

Z

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe you got the accurate answer from the doctors :)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS  (CSC) FROM K1 VISA

06.23.17 - Application sent

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

07.10.17 - Biomentrics Notice (via Post mail)

07.17.17 - Biometrics schedule

09.16.17 - 10 year GC received

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.26.2020 - Online Application

02.27.2020 - NOA

03.16.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.06.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in)

Thank God I have a good sense of humor. Guys, I am a very educated woman very close to 40. But right now I am just looking for someone from Haiti who has ever heard of this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

More significantly if we put the story to one side, is that he will of course need to put the child on his application and having such a young child will raise questions. Is he looking to bring the child with him?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I know when you are in love sometimes your judgment of that person is clouded by that love and you would give anything to believe them. However in light of the jokes on here, I have been a labor and delivery nurse for many many years and this is so far fetched. I would have more respect for your fiancé for saying he messed up and 13 months ago he cheated or had an affair and begged your forgiveness then to play with your intelligence. Haitian or not we are human and as humans we don't reproduce in that manner sperm can only live up to 72 hours if It doesn't make its way to an egg to fertilize and that my dear is the truth. Now whether or not you want to forgive him and move on with your relationship or forget him and move on with your life, is something only you can decide but this conjured up story about this 4 month old child is sad to say the least and shows no regard for you. good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

OP clearly stated she doesn't believe his story. She wanted to hear if other people have heard of someone using this "explanation" since his mother apparently talk just as crazy. Seems like it's in the family.

OP, as tough as it is, you need to let go. Nothing good will come out of this relationship with him.

He sounds like, if he tells the story often enough, he convinced himself it's the truth and expects you to believe it too. People like this can get pretty upset if you don't but their bs. I'm talking from experience with a family member...

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.