16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings friends of VJ

A short introduction with serious questions to follow.
I am a male, U.S. citizen who, while living abroad in Kuwait, met Dyn, an OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker). Our friendship blossomed into romance and we eventually fell in love (although I can confess that it was love at first sight). We spent several months together before deciding I should return home to the U.S. and prepare a way for her. That was three years ago.

Dyn was / is married (but separated for seven years) which complicated matters, but we educated ourselves on the annulment process and proceeded forward. While living in Washington DC, I hired an attorney in Manilla (Dyn is from Bohol) and was immediately taken for a ride. Long-story-short, he suckered me out of a great deal of money and then vanished. Enough said. Not one to give up, I used my network of friends in DC and was eventually introduced to a Philippines national who just happened to be an ambassador. He, in turn, used his network of friends to connect us to an attorney in Bohol. What a blessing. Things immediately fell into place and thirteen months later we are nearing the end of the annulment. We expect the annulment to be complete in the first week of June 2015. Dyn has since returned home to PH, from Kuwait, and is with family as her presence is needed throughout the annulment.

SIDE NOTE: I have done extensive research and I have educated myself on the annulment / judicial process in the Philippines throughout this process. I have a wealth of information I am eager to share with others who are just beginning. Learn from my mistakes and take what you can from me to make your own journey much easier.

Now for the questions. As the annulment draws near, Dyn and I are preparing for the K1 / immigration phase. I am at a severe loss for what to do next. PLEASE GUIDE me on where to start.

1. Because of my previous divorce and Dyn's annulment, will the I-29F process get complicated?
2. Following Question one, would we better to hire RapidVisa? (money is not an issue - peace of mind is)
3. Who files the I-29F (Me in the U.S. or Dyn in the Philippines)? Where is it filed? If the Philippines, then RapidVisa might be a better option...Right?
4. Proof of relationship and mutual visits include plane tickets, boat tickets, photos, emails, etc. Do we attach copies or originals with the I-29F?

5. Following Question Five, if originals are needed and we hire RapidVisa, should I send all documents to the Philippines? What happens to the originals?
6. I currently hold elevated clearances with the DoD and DHS. Will this help or hurt the K1 visa / immigration process?

The bottom line is this. I am not clear on where to start. Your experience, help and willingness to share knowledge is eagerly accepted in advance. Guide us so that (after more than three years) we can finally start our future together.

MEETING

12 March 2012: Met Dyn at a coffee shop in Kuwait

Summer 2012: I returned home to the U.S. to prepare a way for Dyn

Fall 2014: Dyn returns home to Philippines after seven years in Kuwait

ANNULMENT

February 2014: Engaged while I visited Philippines

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

December 2015: Bohol District Court issues decision in our favor

December 2015: Judge sends transcript of his decision to OSG for processing

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

April 04 2016: I-129F sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

April 12 2016: Email from USCIS acceptance confirmation

April 17 2016: Official NOA1 hard copy received

July 12 2016: NOA2 Approval hard copy received

July 14 2016: Post Decision Activity email from USCIS

THE LONG WAIT (USCIS misplaced approved petition)

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

INTERVIEW / MEDICAL PROCESS

October 04 2016: Day 1 of medical at SLEC in Manila

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

October 21 2016: Vaccination day at SLEC (medical finally complete)

October 25 2016: Visa interview at USEM in Manila (APPROVED)

HOMECOMING

November 19 2016: Dyn's arrival at POE Dulles IAD in Washington DC

December 01 2016: Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi and congrats!,

I have one important question-have you been with her the last two years? Part of the K-1 process is that you been with her no longer than 2 years ago.

We also had to process annulment. And now we have a visa, just got it April 10.

Jerry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

This is a DIY site. If you want to use a Lawyer then use a good Lawyer.

I have seen many similar cases to yours.

Your clearances make no difference.

Start with the guides to understand the process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I will try to answers your questions

1.it will not be complicated as long as your divorce and annulment You and your fiancee are already settled and you have the papers.

2. It is really up to you if you want to hire rapid visa for the peace of your mind

3.USC fiance is the one to file I-129F in the US. But if you hire rapid visa they will let you know what actions you will do.

4.Proof of relationship such as picture of you together,plane tickets,chat logs,hotel receipts etc. Anything you can use as proof that your relationship is real.

5.if you send original papers like birth certificate they will not come back to you.

6.USCIS making background checking before approving petition.

Edited by steffichon

01-11-2015: Submitted I-129F petition

01-15-2015: USCIS received the package i-129f

01-21-2015: Received notification with receipt no.

01-27-2015: Received hard copy of NOA1

02-02-2015: Approved petition (yay!!! So fast)

02-06-2015: Received hard copy of NOA2

02-18-2015: Assigned MNL case #

03-03-2015: Received hard copy of NVC Letter

03-16-2015: Medical

03-17-2015: Medical result passed!(Thank god)

03-30-2015: Interview (Passed! Thank god)

Timeline

Hi and congrats!,

I have one important question-have you been with her the last two years? Part of the K-1 process is that you been with her no longer than 2 years ago.

We also had to process annulment. And now we have a visa, just got it April 10.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

We were together again for three weeks in FEB / MAR 2014. I flew to Manilla (where she met me) and we flew to Bohol together. I spent time with Dyn, and her family. Thanks for checking in. I am very interested in hearing more of your story AND any advice you can offer regarding the annulment / K1 process. Please share details. What can we expect?

MEETING

12 March 2012: Met Dyn at a coffee shop in Kuwait

Summer 2012: I returned home to the U.S. to prepare a way for Dyn

Fall 2014: Dyn returns home to Philippines after seven years in Kuwait

ANNULMENT

February 2014: Engaged while I visited Philippines

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

December 2015: Bohol District Court issues decision in our favor

December 2015: Judge sends transcript of his decision to OSG for processing

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

April 04 2016: I-129F sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

April 12 2016: Email from USCIS acceptance confirmation

April 17 2016: Official NOA1 hard copy received

July 12 2016: NOA2 Approval hard copy received

July 14 2016: Post Decision Activity email from USCIS

THE LONG WAIT (USCIS misplaced approved petition)

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

INTERVIEW / MEDICAL PROCESS

October 04 2016: Day 1 of medical at SLEC in Manila

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

October 21 2016: Vaccination day at SLEC (medical finally complete)

October 25 2016: Visa interview at USEM in Manila (APPROVED)

HOMECOMING

November 19 2016: Dyn's arrival at POE Dulles IAD in Washington DC

December 01 2016: Married

1. Because of my previous divorce and Dyn's annulment, will the I-29F process get complicated? No, as long as you have proper documentation about the finalization of divorce/annulment

2. Following Question one, would we better to hire RapidVisa? (money is not an issue - peace of mind is)- This is a DYI site. But if you feel more comfortable hiring them, go for it. However, a lot of us were able to succeed at it on our own. It's really easy and straight forward.

3. Who files the I-29F (Me in the U.S. or Dyn in the Philippines)? Where is it filed? If the Philippines, then RapidVisa might be a better option...Right? You file it at the Dallas Lockbox facility address. Again, no idea about Rapidvisa.

4. Proof of relationship and mutual visits include plane tickets, boat tickets, photos, emails, etc. Do we attach copies or originals with the I-29F? Copies are fine. You need to prove that you saw each other within 2 years of filing so try to focus on those dates when picking evidences.

5. Following Question Five, if originals are needed and we hire RapidVisa, should I send all documents to the Philippines? What happens to the originals? The originals that are required in the initial filing are mostly documents that need your actual ink signature. The evidences can be copies. Our photos and plane stubs were only scanned and printed on a sheet of paper. I have no idea where rapidvisa is located. But if you are going to do this on your own, then she would have to send you the signed documents.

6. I currently hold elevated clearances with the DoD and DHS. Will this help or hurt the K1 visa / immigration process? I don't see how it will help unless you're in the military and is about to deploy.

I used Rapid Visa, many do it on their own but with my previous divorce and limited time to research what all is needed I felt that Rapid Visa was a good choice and is much cheaper than hiring an attorney. I still just have my NOA1 since I am at TSC so I am not sure if there will be an RFE but they did 2 reviews of the paperwork and even asked for some additional information after I sent in my packet to them. I feel that with my situation that there service is well worth the money.

Greetings friends of VJ

A short introduction with serious questions to follow.

I am a male, U.S. citizen who, while living abroad in Kuwait, met Dyn, an OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker). Our friendship blossomed into romance and we eventually fell in love (although I can confess that it was love at first sight). We spent several months together before deciding I should return home to the U.S. and prepare a way for her. That was three years ago.

Dyn was / is married (but separated for seven years) which complicated matters, but we educated ourselves on the annulment process and proceeded forward. While living in Washington DC, I hired an attorney in Manilla (Dyn is from Bohol) and was immediately taken for a ride. Long-story-short, he suckered me out of a great deal of money and then vanished. Enough said. Not one to give up, I used my network of friends in DC and was eventually introduced to a Philippines national who just happened to be an ambassador. He, in turn, used his network of friends to connect us to an attorney in Bohol. What a blessing. Things immediately fell into place and thirteen months later we are nearing the end of the annulment. We expect the annulment to be complete in the first week of June 2015. Dyn has since returned home to PH, from Kuwait, and is with family as her presence is needed throughout the annulment.

SIDE NOTE: I have done extensive research and I have educated myself on the annulment / judicial process in the Philippines throughout this process. I have a wealth of information I am eager to share with others who are just beginning. Learn from my mistakes and take what you can from me to make your own journey much easier.

Now for the questions. As the annulment draws near, Dyn and I are preparing for the K1 / immigration phase. I am at a severe loss for what to do next. PLEASE GUIDE me on where to start.

1. Because of my previous divorce and Dyn's annulment, will the I-29F process get complicated?

2. Following Question one, would we better to hire RapidVisa? (money is not an issue - peace of mind is)

3. Who files the I-29F (Me in the U.S. or Dyn in the Philippines)? Where is it filed? If the Philippines, then RapidVisa might be a better option...Right?

4. Proof of relationship and mutual visits include plane tickets, boat tickets, photos, emails, etc. Do we attach copies or originals with the I-29F?

5. Following Question Five, if originals are needed and we hire RapidVisa, should I send all documents to the Philippines? What happens to the originals?

6. I currently hold elevated clearances with the DoD and DHS. Will this help or hurt the K1 visa / immigration process?

The bottom line is this. I am not clear on where to start. Your experience, help and willingness to share knowledge is eagerly accepted in advance. Guide us so that (after more than three years) we can finally start our future together.

1. Your case will not be any more complicated than 2 people that were never married. All you need to do is include copies of your divorce decree and her annulment papers.

2. This is up to you. The process is fairly easy and straightforward that to me it's not worth it to spend money on something I can do myself.

3. You will file the I-129F petition. You are petitioning for your fiancée so that she will be able to apply for her K-1 visa. It is mailed to the Texas lockbox:

File Form I-129F at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility:

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

For USPS Express Mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

4. The I-129F petition only requires proof of meeting within the last 2 years. This means boarding passes, passport stamps, receipts. Photos are only secondary evidence. Proof of relationship is not required for the petition. If you do include some, which is what I did as well, then only include a small sampling of it. Proof of relationship would be any correspondence you have together, such as chat logs, emails, cell phone records, etc. Pictures are also good proof of relationship.

5. Originals are not needed. You only need to send copies. The only original documents should be the I-129F form, the 2 G-325A forms, and the letters of intent from each of you. If you send originals, you will not get them back. All documents will be placed in your I-129F packet, and mailed to the address above.

6. Your security clearances should not have any bearing on your processing.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We used a similar service and IMO it was NOT worth the money... They do NOT and CAN NOT do anything to expedite the process nor can they do anything to help when it comes down to it. They do not give legal advice of any kind although they will advertise "money back guarantees" and such.

They send you a "check off list" and tell you to put it all together. IF you want them to "put it together and send it to USCIS" they will charge you an extra fee. All these services REALLY do is fill out the paperwork for you... Which then YOU and your fiancee have to PROOF READ (cause if anything is wrong, YOU are responsible and then the "money back guarantee" is void) and send back to them.

I would have paid the fee with NO PROBLEM at all if they really just told me, we ONLY fill out the paperwork. I wanted the same peace of mind and would have paid the hefty fee just for that.... but they sell them on full service inexpensive companies that guarantee visas or money back guarantee.

I was going to use RapidVisa but chose to go with another company because when I was talking to their "sales" person he couldn't answer a question that I thought was VERY basic and felt if they were actually experts in visa processing, he should know. He didn't.

I would say, read the guides here (which are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SIMILAR to the guide we PAID for) and do it yourself. Don't waste your money... even if it isn't an issue.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!!!!!

Our lovely journey!!

10/08/2015: AOS packet sent to USCIS (Chicago lockbox) via USPS Priority mail (They received it 10/10/15).

10/16/2015: Text/eEmails received from USCIS with receipt number. We received 3.

10/22/2015: Received hard copies of NOA's for I-131, I-765, & I-485.

11/01/2015: Got NOA for biometrics appt (for 11/12/15).

11/03/2015: Did WALK IN biometrics appt - took 15 mins. Person taking said work permit should be in mail in less than 4 wks.

12/09/2015: Got email/text notification for INTERVIEW date.

12/28/2015: Got email/text notification EAD card has been mailed.

12/31/2015: Received EAD/AP card.

01/11/2016: INTERVIEW (in Los Angeles office).

01/11/2016: Case in in "CONTINUANCE". Awaiting approval. (Feels like AP).

06/27/2016: I-485 APPROVED - (FINALLY!!!) / 264 DAYS (8 MONTHS 20 DAYS)

07/01/2016: GREEN CARD RECEIVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We had both been married before so as long as you supply proof of divorce/anullment the K1 will be the best route to go...personally the process is fairly simple and I doubt a lawyer or rapid visa will be worth the money. You appear well educated so the process should be a peace of cake....make use of this site it is very informative! The most difficult thing is the wait but if you are fortunate enough to file with California center you should have your visa within three months!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

No, having a clearance will not be an issue in regards to the K1 visa. While I was filing for my asawa's visa I had a high clearance and I was working in Afghanistan as a Defense Contractor. There was no issues in regard for that. I did use an attorney for filing all the paperwork when I was in Afghanistan, and I had a POA given to my mother if something was needed right away.

Overall yes it may be a little longer due to the annulment, but it should be pretty quick IF you provide all the evidence up front. That is called front loading the information in hopes you won't get a RFE.

Edited by cyberfx1024

Timeline

The K-1 is filed from the USA.,.,.,..read the ""guides"" section at the top of the home page, about 10 times, for K-1 visa. You can see how this works.

I also married a Filipino, and we used RJVisa, but I would never use them again, they "ripped us off" out of so much money.

Raped Visa is excellent. You can call their California office, (find it on-line) and with your situations.,.,...,I would for sure use them. They have an office in Manila, and are well worth the money!

A few hundred dollars and a good fax machine.,..,.,.and do "your home work".,.,., on this site, about K-1 visas.

Annulments are very rare in the Philippines, though I hear that has been relaxed.. Get all your paper work in good order, such as cert. copy of divorce decree, not original, cert. copy.

This is one situation, I would for sure use Raped Visa! I have talked to their Calif. office..,.,.,.they are great!

Two things, for K-1, you must have met face to face in the last 2 years, AND YOU both must be eligible to marry!

Good luck, and keep us up-dated, and we are still here to help you, but try to help yourself first, then come here with questions, AFTER, reviewing the guides.

By the way, Filipino's make GREAT wives!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

There is no reason to use an attorney or any outside visa service, your case is straight forward and can be done on your own. Divorce and/or annulment doesn't complicate anything, you just need to provide the divorce/annulment documents. By using an attorney or outside service you will be at the mercy of total strangers and more often than not, we have seen on VJ that they actually slow down the process for couples with straightforward cases. Not to mention the fact that they charge far too much for a process that can easily be done on your own with a little research. My husband and I had a much more complicated case than you and your fiance and we did it all on our own, From the day I sent the petition until the day he received his 10 year green card 2 months ago, the process was smooth and easy for us. VJ is a DIY site and the majority of people here will tell you not to use an outside party. If you decide to do it on your own, there are a plethora of very well informed people here who can and will help with any questions that may arise. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.