Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case [Part II]

4,633 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi, All,

NOT A K1 VISA HOLDER.

very unusual case...

My update:

5/27 Sent out RFE: evidence of marriage, we gave them all the evidences that normally are presented during the interview.

(We haven't gotten our interview yet. We were notified that we have potential interview waiver.)

6/19 RFE for I-485: medical evaluation expired

6/23 received I-130 approved (says it doesn't mean my status adjustment is approved)

So...hopefully after I send out the medical evaluation, I'll get my I-485 approved soon!

5/07/2014 Got Married! F1 student with OPT

5/30/2014 I485 fingerprint fee received

6/30/2014 Biometrics done

7/30/2014 OPT Expired

8/11/2014 EAD card approved

2/18/2015 Immigration Services Officer told my congresswoman that my case is PIW

2/23/2015 My lawyer said my case is in NYC field office (not sure if it's true)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yep waiting 18 months, USCIS only sent me my RFE last month after possibly sending it to my previous address even though Id moved and told them months earlier, took them 6 months to catch that mistake too. I did my medical in Carpinteria as thats where I work, it was Jackson Medical Group I believe n I liked them

yikes!! I can't believe how long your application is taking! :( Where did you go for your medical? I feel like we had this conversation last month, but I'm curious, since we're not that far apart.

Wait what! You've been waiting 18months!?!?!

Submitted k1 visa petition - January 20th,2013NOA1 - February 2nd 2013NOA2 - June 20th 2013Medical - August 14th 2013<p>Interview - October 4th
Moved to California January 8th smile.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Count me in. K1 VISA- Residing in Florida.

I received my interview waiver case today.

My timeline:

March 16: AOS/EAD/AP package sent

march 24: noa 1

April 16: biometrics

June 12: ead/ap approved

June 22: notice of interview waiver case received

Edited by pinayanne27

Filed: Timeline

I was positive TB test as well. But turned out I never have had it. Just somehow I got exposed from someone. My x-ray was clear for two previous medical exams within 2 years. That's why I wondered who exposed this to me since my husband test was negative.

I only paid $60 for X-ray after TB test result came out and the nurse mentioned that the doctor did not charge us for the second consultation. Total cost was $395.

you are very lucky! they ripped us off with x rays, blood test, vaccines and etc....! the negative side is the insurance does not pay for this kind of expenses.... anyways hoping to hear from them soon now. :mellow:

Hi, All,

NOT A K1 VISA HOLDER.

very unusual case...

My update:

5/27 Sent out RFE: evidence of marriage, we gave them all the evidences that normally are presented during the interview.

(We haven't gotten our interview yet. We were notified that we have potential interview waiver.)

6/19 RFE for I-485: medical evaluation expired

6/23 received I-130 approved (says it doesn't mean my status adjustment is approved)

So...hopefully after I send out the medical evaluation, I'll get my I-485 approved soon!

Good luck! :)

Count me in. K1 VISA- Residing in Florida.

I received my interview waiver case today.

My timeline:

March 16: AOS/EAD/AP package sent

march 24: noa 1

April 16: biometrics

June 12: ead/ap approved

June 22: notice of interview waiver case received

Welcome. Patience is key in this forum. ;)

you are very lucky! they ripped us off with x rays, blood test, vaccines and etc....! the negative side is the insurance does not pay for this kind of expenses.... anyways hoping to hear from them soon now. :mellow:

Interestingly enough, right in the medical exam instruction pages, it says to bring your insurance card. So I think it's not so much the USCIS that doesn't accept insurance. I think you could get the documents and still file the claim with insurance. They just won't do it for you.

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Yes, they don't. But John and Tina is way more cheaper. I hope your test result will come soon. Mine took about a week because the doctor had to go to his own surgery and my TB test was positive.

Interestingly enough, right in the medical exam instruction pages, it says to bring your insurance card. So I think it's not so much the USCIS that doesn't accept insurance. I think you could get the documents and still file the claim with insurance. They just won't do it for you.

Good advice, let me see if I can ask my husband to claim from our insurance. Thank you, Tina! Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

AOS recvd Sept. 12, 2014..

Interview waiver Feb. 17, 2015..

Welcome notice Jun. 22, 2015.

We never submitted the I 693 with our app and had no issues.

If you don't want to pay for a new medical exam just send in a photocopy of DS 3025 (if you have it), and see what happens.

Original medical exam is 15 or 16 months old by now.

we called our insurance first. Since we have an HMO, the civil surgeon would be out of network and therefore not covered!

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I haven't been active on this thread but I've been reading it almost everyday since I got the NPIW. Wanted to let you know that I got my Welcome to the USA notice today in the mail! :D My AOS NOA1 is dated September 5, 2014 and my NPIW is dated December 30, 2014. I didn't get any text or email and my USCIS status online just updated to "My card was picked up by the United States Postal Service". I just checked the tracking number and it says that I should get my green card tomorrow!

Good luck to everyone still waiting for approval.

N-400:

08/22/2020: filed online/NOA1

09/04/2020: biometric reuse notice
07/07/2021: interview scheduled

08/11/2021: interview —> approved/oath scheduled 

08/26/2021: oath ceremony 🇺🇸

Passport:

09/08/2021: application mailed (routine service)

09/14/2021: application received (locator #74)

10/23/2021: passport book received

10/29/2021: naturalization certificate received

AOS recvd Sept. 12, 2014..

Interview waiver Feb. 17, 2015..

Welcome notice Jun. 22, 2015.

We never submitted the I 693 with our app and had no issues.

If you don't want to pay for a new medical exam just send in a photocopy of DS 3025 (if you have it), and see what happens.

Original medical exam is 15 or 16 months old by now.

Congrats!

That's what I did. If you have been following this thread there are many cases that people submitted I-693 from CS with their AoS package and still have to redo their medical. So, it depends on someone's luck, I guess.

Welcome to America letter came today dated 6/22/15. Super stoked! AOS NOA1 8/28/14. NPIW received dated 12/11/14.

Congrats!

Hi everyone,

I haven't been active on this thread but I've been reading it almost everyday since I got the NPIW. Wanted to let you know that I got my Welcome to the USA notice today in the mail! :D My AOS NOA1 is dated September 5, 2014 and my NPIW is dated December 30, 2014. I didn't get any text or email and my USCIS status online just updated to "My card was picked up by the United States Postal Service". I just checked the tracking number and it says that I should get my green card tomorrow!

Good luck to everyone still waiting for approval.

Congrats!

A lot of good news today, :D

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Yes, they don't. But John and Tina is way more cheaper. I hope your test result will come soon. Mine took about a week because the doctor had to go to his own surgery and my TB test was positive.

Good advice, let me see if I can ask my husband to claim from our insurance. Thank you, Tina!

You're welcome! It's worth a shot at least.

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Yep waiting 18 months, USCIS only sent me my RFE last month after possibly sending it to my previous address even though Id moved and told them months earlier, took them 6 months to catch that mistake too. I did my medical in Carpinteria as thats where I work, it was Jackson Medical Group I believe n I liked them

18 months !!? I swear, I stop complaining with my few 14 months waiting :D

Edited by mimikado

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline

My mother's case has been resolved. It took approximately 9.5 months. The welcome letter and the green card showed up last night on her mailbox. No emails, no texts.

She is very happy and with a lot of travel plans. I just wish I could go with her.

We sent all the information required in our first package back in September. There were no RFE at all.

We contacted tier 2 representative twice, We contacted Ombudsman once with no answer. We put 1 service request but no useful information came out of that.

I am not sure, if the service request or contacting the ombudsman helped at all, but I would recommend you do them to put pressure to USCIS. Remember, they get paid to deal with you and your issues.

I have infinite thanks to all of your who commented on this thread. Yes, they were some nagging and a lot of whining from some of you but that's OK, because in between all that whining there was some very useful information about the USCIS process. Thanks to your comments, I feel like I have a better understanding about the whole process now than 9 months ago. I also feel that I can give a better advise to friends and family if they ever have to deal with USCIS. I have to thank you for that.

In addition, I want to encourage those who are new or who don't visit the forums too often to do your homework and read the prior comments. You will find a wealth of information and it will help you have a better expectations about your case. Read before you ask a redundant question.

Lastly, I want to leave with a quote by Saint Fracis de Sales.

"Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.