Pheebs1201

How did you meet your fiance?

84 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is ;)

In a past year and a half I learned more then ever that our job is to enjoy this journey called life and not question the destiny ;)

So true. And to leave it in God's hands.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Off Topic forum -- subject isn't a K-1 process matter. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Love this story. Its funny how love at first site feels just like a movie. I remember stepping out of the airport. It felt like slow motion, the hot Jamaican sun, the warm air blowing my hair, and everyone's faces were a blur except his. Lol Definitely made me believe in fairytales again. Just like these stories do

Haha yes exactly!!!! It really happens like I remember what he was wearing everything from that exactly moment, it's like a picture in my mind. Love the blur faces you mention haha.

I'm a love believer too after living this :) I wish the best for you guys!!!

My husband's side of the history is funny because he spent 16 hours in a car with all this people and this French guy was talking about me all the time and he was thinking like come on shut up with this Iris, and he said when he saw me it all made sense to him. He felt bad for his friend...but couldn't help to not talk to me and want more...

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Thanks to everyone who responded! Looking forward to reading even more stories! :)

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hey SerbtoCali,

Great story, how is your journey so far? I see that you are in LA? how do you like it?

Hi cappuchino boy,

We learned so far that just about everything about us is happening for a reason, the timeline, the events.. Everything. My hubby is currently in EU, and as soon as Nebraska approves us, NVC process us and consulate places the stamp, we will be together. In LA Until then, we are only not at the same place at the same time.

And we knew that the process will be a longer one, but have decided fro IC1/IR1 rather then K1, because we wanted to have the wedding there with our families and he has a pretty good job now and didn't wanna come here and wait for the adjustment. we said is many times, what is few months latter when we have the rest of our lives.

Our families have been teasing us and bringing to the surface quite few details about us when we first dated, me prank calling him, him showing up at the places where I was... The second time we talked last year he told me what my phone number was back then.. I kept a small present he gave me ...

I just LOVE my hubby to pieces. I guess I always did.

And we are going to Going together in less then 10 days for about a month.

So, I would say we are pretty happy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Haha yes exactly!!!! It really happens like I remember what he was wearing everything from that exactly moment, it's like a picture in my mind. Love the blur faces you mention haha.

I'm a love believer too after living this :) I wish the best for you guys!!!

My husband's side of the history is funny because he spent 16 hours in a car with all this people and this French guy was talking about me all the time and he was thinking like come on shut up with this Iris, and he said when he saw me it all made sense to him. He felt bad for his friend...but couldn't help to not talk to me and want more...

That's so funny!! Thank you. Blessings to u as well!

My fiances side is similar to mine but yet a much shorter version....hot sun, people all around, and he said when I stepped out of the airport he said to himself "whoa look at her!" Lol. He is a reggae music artist and wrote a verse in a song about how he took me from my ex LOL.

Edited by LionessDeon

Met my fiancé while he was studying in the U.S. When his F-1 visa expired I left the States so I could be with him. We've been living as nomads for 12 years bouncing from country to country finding a place to live legally until we could return to the U.S. Now that DOMA has been repealed, we can finally return.

I will be brutally honest. When I hear people whining about having to wait a few months for a K-1 visa I have little sympathy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

The sock story is hilarious. I love that.

Daniel and I met in 2008 when I studied abroad in London. As a bunch of underage (in America not in the UK) kids, we spent every day in a pub. The one next to our residence was our favorite and we became friends with the bartenders. A friend and I were sitting in there before meeting up with others and these 2 guys walked in. The bartender told us we needed to talk to them because they were nice guys. We hit it off and I swore Daniel looked exactly like Colin Farrell. He abruptly left the pub while I was in the bathroom so I decided to go back every night until he showed up again to tell him how rude that was. Couple nights later he came back and we basically spent every day together after that. I went home when the summer was over and he just wouldn't leave me alone. I went back to London over the next Christmas break to see if we still liked each other and we've been flying back and forth every 3 months since then.

Edited by April+Daniel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The sock story is the best story lol

On how we met, please prepare yourselves for a long story.

My parents came with me on my first day in secondary school. Unfortunately we got there close to evening, the school office had closed then. Someone directed us to the house master's house to check into the boarding house (hostel). So when we got there, the person who answered the door was this boy (my fiance); the house master is his uncle so he lived with him. I was so excited to begin secondary school plus the freedom I will experience by being in boarding school :) so I didn't pay much attention to him. I finally settled into the girls' hostle after saying goodbye to my mum and dad haha. Then classes and other school work began.

According to my fiance, he found the new student interesting. Said he found my eyes captivating (I was in a new place so I needed to fill my eyes with the sights). He practically stalked me back then. He knew the time I left class, time for dinner, time to study (prep), sports etc. I noticed him those times but we never said hello to each other. Until I left the school after a year.

Seven years later I got into University, guess what? He was also there haha . We were in rival dance groups so we were not to be seen together lol funny. But he once tried to say hello to on our way for lectures, but I said a quick hello and walked away. We knew each other back in secondary school but I acted like he was a stranger (silly me).

In 09 he sent me a friend request on FB, I accepted it. He sent me few messages but I did not reply them.

Then in 2011, he opened up to me. That he had wanted to ask me out but he kept waiting for the right time rather he didn't want me to reject his advances. He somehow knew the guys I dated (background check), he said he watched me from afar.

I thought it was beautiful that he waited for me to grow haha until he told me how he fell in love with when I was a lil girl and he watched me grow into the woman I am now.

I gradually opened up to him, he turned out to be the One I was praying for. Had no idea he was right there beside me. We started dating (LDR) and have been going strong till date. He is my one and only, my numero uno

cMqwm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Wow, some of these long back stories of knowing each other for ages before getting together romantically are very interesting! My husband and I were a romantic thing from the get-go, lol.

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

My fiancé and I actually met on Instagram back in the summer of 2011. Neither of us were actively looking for a partner, but he stumbled upon my page and left a comment. It took him 2 months to decide on flying halfway across the world to meet a girl that just a couple of months earlier would've been a stranger. The first meeting in the airport is still one of my favorite memories from our relationship, it truly is an indescribable feeling to knowingly meet the love of your life for the first time. Gosh, I'm so freakin lucky.

K-1 Journey: 309 days from received to POE (TSC)

[september 11, 2014] - I-129F received by USCIS

[september 15, 2014] - NOA1
[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 9, 2015] - I N T E R V I E W! (APPROVED!)
[July 13, 2015] - Issued
[July 14, 2015] - Visa in hand
[July 16, 2015] - POE JFK

AOS Journey: 169 days from received to GC in hand (NSC)

Spoiler

[July 17, 2015] - Successfully applied for SSN

[July 18, 2015] - Sent out AOS package

[July 21, 2015] - Received

[July 24, 2015] - NOA1 (3x)

[August 18, 2015] - Biometrics

[september 19, 2015] - EAD/AP approval (63 days)

[september 24, 2015] - EAD/AP Received

[January 6, 2016] - Green Card approved without interview(166 days)

[January 12, 2016] - Received Green Card

ROC journey starts: October 2017

ROC Journey: 419 days (VSC)

[October 30, 2017] - Sent package

[November 3, 2017] - NOA1

[November 18, 2017] - Biometrics letter received

[December 5, 2017] - Biometrics

[December 18, 2018] - Card is being produced (no interview)

[December 22, 2018] - Received Green Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Got this idea from the lovely cristindc on the November Filers thread and thought this would be something nice and positive to discuss as Christmas draws ever closer :P My question to you all is, how did you guys meet? Cmon folks share your love stories! :D

To get the ball rolling: My second summer working at a summer camp in Michigan. A girl who I had worked with the previous year told me she was bringing her cousin to work at camp this season (Dan). We went kayaking together during staff week, I fell out and couldn't get back in so had to swim back to shore (in a life jacket I wasn't allowed to remove) with him kayaking next to me, dying of laughter. The rest, as they say, is history.... ;)

Your turn! GO!

Aw, Pheebs... I just saw this thread :)

Not sure if I've really written much about it, but long story short: I met my fiancé on a cruise I took with a co-worker in April. We met the second day after I ate dinner and had a little too much to drink. I vaguely remember meeting him in a hallway near the shop he worked in and harassing him about his name (his name is Soufiane and I kept telling him it was girly-sounding like Sophia :oops: ).

Anyway, cut to the next morning, where he called my cabin room to make sure I was awake and feeling ok. For the next 10 days, we visited each other every chance he had, toured the ports when he was off, and the rest is history!

Our story!

04/29/14: Met on a Mediterranean Cruise on the MSC Armonia

04/30/14 to 05/08/14: Traveled together on the cruise - Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Croatia
09/06/14 to 09/14/14: Visited Morocco - Casablanca, Marrakech, and Essaouira

02/11/15 to 02/17/15: Planned trip back to Morocco!

Our Immigration Story!

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Consulate: Casablanca, Morocco

10/31/14: I-129F submitted
11/03/14: I-129F received

11/05/14: I-129F NOA1 Notice Date

11/07/14: Alien Registration Number changed
11/13/14: I-129F NOA1 received in mail

45aXm5.png

So a long time ago, before the dawn of social media, people used to gather in forums to socialize... I helped to run some places like that. One of my gal friends online (she'll also be my bridesmaid) had been telling a broken-hearted and very miserable me that I needed to cheer up, and why don't I go talk to a very nice person she'd been speaking to for a few months. I can't recall if she told me he was British at the time.. but she was sneaky as she knew how well I fancied them. Now I was pretty shy, and felt really awkward just talking to some random guy.. but something in the way she nudged me for some reason made me listen to her. So here I was inviting a really confused and handsome British chap to a webcam chat with some strange shy American girl. We hit it off pretty well that day, and every single day that's followed for ten years we've spoken to one another. Back in those days we were pretty close friends, in fact I'd say he's my best friend, and that's pretty awesome, to end up going to marry your best friend. After a while I started feeling pretty smitten, but wasn't sure how I should tell him this, as I wasn't sure if he felt the same (really stupid here because it was pretty obvious he felt the same way). I don't think we'd known each other a month or so before he had wanted to come meet me and so we arranged a very fun very first visit to America for him. Anyway, at NYE years ago and there he is walking out of the airport doors, that pretty much did me in. I knew the moment he embraced me that this was the man for me, and I had to tell him how I felt and you can imagine the relief to know he felt the same. That was that really. Of course we did not get officially engaged until 2009, so this has been one long relationship journey, that's been spent visiting each other every year now. Our families are generally like ''enough already! you've just got to get married now!" And now we've reached the stage where we're getting older and everything has finally fallen into place. So there you go, not too interesting a story, blame my bridesmaid for getting us together. :P

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

So a long time ago, before the dawn of social media, people used to gather in forums to socialize... I helped to run some places like that. One of my gal friends online (she'll also be my bridesmaid) had been telling a broken-hearted and very miserable me that I needed to cheer up, and why don't I go talk to a very nice person she'd been speaking to for a few months. I can't recall if she told me he was British at the time.. but she was sneaky as she knew how well I fancied them. Now I was pretty shy, and felt really awkward just talking to some random guy.. but something in the way she nudged me for some reason made me listen to her. So here I was inviting a really confused and handsome British chap to a webcam chat with some strange shy American girl. We hit it off pretty well that day, and every single day that's followed for ten years we've spoken to one another. Back in those days we were pretty close friends, in fact I'd say he's my best friend, and that's pretty awesome, to end up going to marry your best friend. After a while I started feeling pretty smitten, but wasn't sure how I should tell him this, as I wasn't sure if he felt the same (really stupid here because it was pretty obvious he felt the same way). I don't think we'd known each other a month or so before he had wanted to come meet me and so we arranged a very fun very first visit to America for him. Anyway, at NYE years ago and there he is walking out of the airport doors, that pretty much did me in. I knew the moment he embraced me that this was the man for me, and I had to tell him how I felt and you can imagine the relief to know he felt the same. That was that really. Of course we did not get officially engaged until 2009, so this has been one long relationship journey, that's been spent visiting each other every year now. Our families are generally like ''enough already! you've just got to get married now!" And now we've reached the stage where we're getting older and everything has finally fallen into place. So there you go, not too interesting a story, blame my bridesmaid for getting us together. :P

Nice :)

Congrats ! :)