Pheebs1201

How did you meet your fiance?

84 posts in this topic

We are hardcore gamers, and we met each other in a MMORPG, and we still play together!

The couple that play together, stay together! :D

event.png

Nov/28/2017 -- Mailed I- 751 ROC to USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.

Nov/30/2017 -- Package was delivered in USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.                                                                       

Dec/04/2017 --  Fee check cash out.  

Dec/07/2017 --  NOA 1 with December 01/2017 as the date.

Dec/23/2017 --  Biometrics letter dated December 15/2017 and appointment scheduled 01/02/2018 at 10 am. 

Jan/02/2018 --  Biometrics appointment at 10 am.      

Aug/11/2018 --  NOA 18 months extension letter dated Aug/06/2018   from Vermont Service Center.    

Feb/25/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Feb/27/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Jan/30/2019 -- Case Approved. New card is being produced (DHS- USCIS website & USCIS tracker)     

Feb/04/2019 --  Received  letter with Approval notice 1-797 (notice date Jan 30/2019).

Feb/05/2019 -- Green card in hand! 

Keep 'em coming guys! Love it! :D

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hope its ok I post how I met my Fiancee :P Us guys like to tell the story sometimes too :P

I met her on an international dating website. Initially I looked on such sites because I didn't want to jump into a quick relationship after my divorce(18 years). I wanted the distance to serve as a buffer and encourage lots of time to get to know someone before anything serious developed. And I figured I'd be willing to fly around the world for the girl of my dreams right? I talked to a few girls, even had one get close enough that she managed to hurt me when it turned out she wasn't serious. I was hurt and kind of second guessing the idea of such a long distance relationship. I'm literally sitting there thinking I should just cancel my account on this dating site and give up...... and at that moment I got a chat invite. She says hi, I respond with hi. She then immediately asks me if I would like to video chat, probably to see if I was really the guy from the pics. It was 11am here..I had been up all night depressed and imagined I looked terrible. So I chickened out..... I declined and she immediately left the chat. I looked at her profile though..... she had a cute smile. I thought she was too young for me. But then I read her profile text and was like "wow...she really does sound...perfect". I figured, what the heck, I could use someone to talk to right now anyway. I have nothing to lose right? So I messaged her and said "Ok, I"ll video chat." She spent the next 30 minutes helping me install skype and get it configured and working. I had never used skype before. Finally we get it working and immediately I am blown away by her smile. She is kind of shy, laying on her bed with a laptop.....half hiding behind her pillow just peeking over the top of it most of the time. But when I get to see her smile....wow... her smile is so amazing. We chat for only like 10 minutes. Talked about a few things we have in common. But I can tell she is really tired..its almost midnight her time. I actually asked her "you look really tired, do you need to sleep?" I hated saying it because I was really enjoying her company, but she really did look so tired :P She admitted she was really tired. I told her to go ahead and sleep and asked if she would mind chatting with me again tomorrow. She agreed and logged off. I spent the entire day here..while she slept completely unable to get her smile out of my head. I was worried I looked so terrible that she was just being nice when she said she would call me..and I would never hear from her again. But sure enough, the next day(later that night for me) she did call. and we were on skype for the entire day for her there. And the next day we did it again and the next and on and on. I'm on skype with her right now while I'm typing this :P To this day, I still sigh every single time we log into skype and I finally see her smile again. I am so glad I found my nerve after initially chickening out. And always grateful that she found me that day. :) <3

A few months later, I really did fly around the world to meet the girl of my dreams(9,250 miles away in a straight line). I proposed to her on the beach, in front of her family(after getting their blessing of course).

We even have pictures of our first ever hug. I'll never forget that moment :)

post-197767-0-49132100-1417873377_thumb.jpg

post-197767-0-19331900-1417873378_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mawnee

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for sharing

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hope its ok I post how I met my Fiancee :P Us guys like to tell the story sometimes too :P

I met her on an international dating website. Initially I looked on such sites because I didn't want to jump into a quick relationship after my divorce(18 years). I wanted the distance to serve as a buffer and encourage lots of time to get to know someone before anything serious developed. And I figured I'd be willing to fly around the world for the girl of my dreams right? I talked to a few girls, even had one get close enough that she managed to hurt me when it turned out she wasn't serious. I was hurt and kind of second guessing the idea of such a long distance relationship. I'm literally sitting there thinking I should just cancel my account on this dating site and give up...... and at that moment I got a chat invite. She says hi, I respond with hi. She then immediately asks me if I would like to video chat, probably to see if I was really the guy from the pics. It was 11am here..I had been up all night depressed and imagined I looked terrible. So I chickened out..... I declined and she immediately left the chat. I looked at her profile though..... she had a cute smile. I thought she was too young for me. But then I read her profile text and was like "wow...she really does sound...perfect". I figured, what the heck, I could use someone to talk to right now anyway. I have nothing to lose right? So I messaged her and said "Ok, I"ll video chat." She spent the next 30 minutes helping me install skype and get it configured and working. I had never used skype before. Finally we get it working and immediately I am blown away by her smile. She is kind of shy, laying on her bed with a laptop.....half hiding behind her pillow just peeking over the top of it most of the time. But when I get to see her smile....wow... her smile is so amazing. We chat for only like 10 minutes. Talked about a few things we have in common. But I can tell she is really tired..its almost midnight her time. I actually asked her "you look really tired, do you need to sleep?" I hated saying it because I was really enjoying her company, but she really did look so tired :P She admitted she was really tired. I told her to go ahead and sleep and asked if she would mind chatting with me again tomorrow. She agreed and logged off. I spent the entire day here..while she slept completely unable to get her smile out of my head. I was worried I looked so terrible that she was just being nice when she said she would call me..and I would never hear from her again. But sure enough, the next day(later that night for me) she did call. and we were on skype for the entire day for her there. And the next day we did it again and the next and on and on. I'm on skype with her right now while I'm typing this :P To this day, I still sigh every single time we log into skype and I finally see her smile again. I am so glad I found my nerve after initially chickening out. And always grateful that she found me that day. :) <3

A few months later, I really did fly around the world to meet the girl of my dreams(9,250 miles away in a straight line). I proposed to her on the beach, in front of her family(after getting their blessing of course).

So sweet. You 2 are very cute together!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Those pictutes are so cute!!!!! Love the happy faces and the shine in the eyes

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Facebook. She randomly added me in 2009 after an argument with her then boyfriend. I only found that out not too long back.

We didn't really talk much until 2011 when I posted a picture of a huge oak tree in some woodland owned by my mother. I agreed to send her some seeds, which I never got around to (and come to think of it, probably wouldn't have made it through customs). We spoke all day and night until our body clocks synced to the local time of somewhere in the mid-Atlantic. My grandmother passed away and left me some money in her will, so we discussed meeting up, platonically. I was too naive to think she might have feelings for me, like I had developed for her. She made a passing comment that she would be devastated if I met someone here in the UK. I took it as a joke, just like when she referred to me as her English boyfriend. At the time, I lived relentlessly in the real world so failed to see how we could've worked as a couple. I moved on and found someone here. We started talking less, just fractured messages here and there. Eventually, she moved on too. I thought about her often.

That relationship ended in late 2012, and oddly, she contacted me and told me she was touring Europe with her partner. I offered my apartment as a place to stay for an evening. They came and I cooked dinner. Her partner fell asleep, and we talked long into the night. Nothing happened; I abhor adultery and cheating, but there was a confirmation in that moment that the rapport and chemistry we shared definitely translated face-to-face. They left on a train the following day. I felt quite hollow. We stayed in contact after that, as regularly as we had done before, and when they had arrived back in the US, he confessed he had been unfaithful; she confessed how she felt about me, to both him and me, much to my surprise. I reciprocated.

She flew back to the UK in May 2013; we pretty much became a couple straight away. Whilst we were both in the US in late 2013 she had to work a music festival in New Orleans, which she snagged me a ticket for. Prior to getting to the festival ground she sent me a text message that read "we're getting married tonight". We watched the Cure together, and then eloped around midnight in the French quarter. Cut to now and we've managed to spend a considerable amount of time together; we just celebrated our first anniversary on November 4th by having a castle wedding here in the UK with our family and friends. She's my best friend, and I love her just as madly as I did the first time I saw her.

Our entire relationship came down to random chance; one altered decision and we might not have ever even met. Hence, when I look across at her (as I'm doing right now - she's knitting) I remind myself that I'm the luckiest.

Edited by shippingforecast

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Our entire relationship came down to random chance; one altered decision and we might not have ever even met. Hence, when I look across at her (as I'm doing right now - she's knitting) I remind myself that I'm the luckiest.

What a wonferful story!

:)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Fate and destiny strikes again

Completely agree with this sentiment! We always talk about how many things had to fall into place at just the right time for us to even have met, let alone fall in love and be together now.

Your story is so lovley! Thanks for sharing!

Edited by ChicagoSarah

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

You guys are the best, all these lovely stories are making me teary!

Please keep them coming!

On another note I fly to the US tomorrow to spend christmas out there so please keep me in your thoughts for a successful POE!

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is an interesting topic for me because I see different groups of people with their standards on what are socially acceptable ways to meet. I met my wife coming down out of a typhoon that had hit when I was on a road featured years later on the TV program "World's Most Dangerous Roads". Up in the Kalinga and Mountain Provinces. Stunning terrain, but God-awful in the rain. Only a motocross bike with big knobbies could get through, which was me. :dancing:

I was drenched, muddy, and hugely pissed off at the gas station attendant who gave me wrong directions to the highway. I ended up going through miles of backroads, finally rice fields, and was just feet away from the highway... with a fence and waterway between me and the road. I had to turn around and go all the way back. Oh yea, I dropped my camera and it was run over by a rice truck. I saved the memory card though.

So I cut five days off the trip on account of the typhoon making me so miserable and bought a diet coke across the street from the motorcycle rental place. I was going to sit down and figure out what to do with myself for the next five days. The girl behind the counter took my breath away. Yow. The next five days I stayed with her.

But everyone there in the Philippines asked us: did you meet on the internet. It was asked with suspicion, a rhetorical question. More of an accusation than a question, and I couldn't figure out why people were asking it that way. When we said "no", then everything was OK. Just so long as we didn't meet on the internet. It wasn't until a couple years later that I figured out this negative stereotype about the internet: girls were doing nude chat: getting guys to send them Western Union for a nudie show on Yahoo Chat or whatever.

Yesterday I was in a Hot Springs resort and a Korean woman about my age started talking to me. Divorced from an American husband. When I told her my wife was a Filipina, she asked me "did you have to go over there to get a wife?" God what a malicious way of putting it. I explained how we met, and then it was OK with her Highness. Just so long as I didn't have to go over there to get a wife. :rolleyes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mali
Timeline
I met my husband at a concert in a local club in Chicago. He is in a band that tours internationally and he was playing that night. I usually don't go to concerts, this was only my second one in about 10 years. We spoke for maybe 5 minutes after the show and exchanged emails. My last words to him were "I'll see you again, goodnight." He told me later that I left before he had a chance to ask me out for coffee, :oops:

We married some 2.5 years after that first meeting in a two day ceremony in Mali (L)

So far we spent time together in the United States, Morocco, Mali, Portugal, France and Poland. Our case is processing in Nebraska, we just passed the 4 month mark. We hate being away from one another. You'd think that a case of someone who had numerous recent entertainment visas and is "already in the system" would make the K1 process quickly, but alas we all have to wait :wow:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Please keep them coming!

On another note I fly to the US tomorrow to spend christmas out there so please keep me in your thoughts for a successful POE!

Pheebs, good luck! My fiancé will be flying in for a 10 day visit on Boxing Day. Will you update on your Poe experience in the yes you can visit thread? Hoping that his 12 passport stamps here will save him from some scrutiny. I'll probably just fly to London after this one until he's approved just to avoid the potential for issues.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Please keep them coming!

Have a good flight and I hope everything goes well at POE and you can enjoy Christmas here :)

Edited by IRIScv

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received