David-Francinie

Bank of America will not comply with I-134 Requirements

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I'm preparing for all the necessary documents to bring to upcoming interview. The I-134 requires a statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details regarding the account 1. Date account opened, 2. Total amount deposited for past year, 3) Present balance. Bank of America refuses to provide this to me. They say that they are not allowed by policy to issue statements and or disclose deposit amounts regarding accounts. I am well over the poverty line requirements and was informed that I do not need this information in this case. What I did was print out every monthly statement for the past 12 months for savings and checking account. The statement shows deposits and balance for each month. I dont know if this will be a problem or if the embassy will review and except these statements I printed from my account. Has anyone had the same experience with there banking institution and how did it workout at the interview?

06/30/2014: I-129F sent to Lewisville, TX via FedEx Express

07/01/2014: I-129F Delivered and signed received

07/03/2014: NOA-1 (CSC)

07/09/2014: Alien Registration Number changed

09/27/2014: RFE notice received

10/16/2014: RFE sent to CSC office

10/20/2014: Received receipt of RFE from CSC

10/23/2014: NOA-2

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I am well over the poverty line requirements and was informed that I do not need this information in this case.

You answered your own question....all this is not needed if income is sufficient. I left it all blank.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Country: Norway
Timeline

you don't need that

W2 with Tax report for the last year and a letter from employer with a recent payslips will be okat

I129F SENT: 09/11/2014

Package arrived to Tx: 09/15/2014

Processing Center: CSC

NOA1: 09/17/2014

Alien Number changed: 09/22/2014

NOA2: 10/18/2014

NOA2 HARD COPY: 10/23/2014

NVC RECEIVED: 11/03/2014

EMBASSY RECEIVED: 11/172014

MEDICAL EXAM: 01/15/2015

INTERVIEW: 02/09/2015

VISA APPROVED: Yes

Ceac status: Ready Immigrant ----- AP Nonimmigrant ------ Issued

VISA IN HAND:

TRAVEL DATE:

WEDDING:

AOS SENT:

I'm preparing for all the necessary documents to bring to upcoming interview. The I-134 requires a statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions with deposits, identifying the following details regarding the account 1. Date account opened, 2. Total amount deposited for past year, 3) Present balance. Bank of America refuses to provide this to me. They say that they are not allowed by policy to issue statements and or disclose deposit amounts regarding accounts. I am well over the poverty line requirements and was informed that I do not need this information in this case. What I did was print out every monthly statement for the past 12 months for savings and checking account. The statement shows deposits and balance for each month. I dont know if this will be a problem or if the embassy will review and except these statements I printed from my account. Has anyone had the same experience with there banking institution and how did it workout at the interview?

Odd...they actually have a template for it, or at least they did. back when we were doing the K-1; I went to a branch, talk to manager and 10 minutes later I had the letter.

You might want to talk to someone else; if what they are saying is true, how is it that they sent you statements..

Anyhow, it seems yo solve the problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Odd...they actually have a template for it, or at least they did. back when we were doing the K-1; I went to a branch, talk to manager and 10 minutes later I had the letter.

You might want to talk to someone else; if what they are saying is true, how is it that they sent you statements..

Anyhow, it seems yo solve the problem.

The word statements is being used here in two different meanings. The statement I printed from my account are actual monthly (paper) statements. The requirement of the I-134 is asking for a (written) statement from an officer of the financial institution providing information to the following questions. I understand I'm over the poverty line but it doesn't state that if you meet the income requirements that this is not needed. It simply states that it is required with the affidavit of support so I want to make sure I'm covered.

06/30/2014: I-129F sent to Lewisville, TX via FedEx Express

07/01/2014: I-129F Delivered and signed received

07/03/2014: NOA-1 (CSC)

07/09/2014: Alien Registration Number changed

09/27/2014: RFE notice received

10/16/2014: RFE sent to CSC office

10/20/2014: Received receipt of RFE from CSC

10/23/2014: NOA-2

The word statements is being used here in two different meanings. The statement I printed from my account are actual monthly (paper) statements. The requirement of the I-134 is asking for a (written) statement from an officer of the financial institution providing information to the following questions. I understand I'm over the poverty line but it doesn't state that if you meet the income requirements that this is not needed. It simply states that it is required with the affidavit of support so I want to make sure I'm covered.

Each consulate has their own requirement. As myself, my husband ( then-fiancé) was way above up poverty guideline. The instruction was also stated my husband had to provide bank statement which was he did. He then provided me bank statement for over five months, bond and stock statements, insurance policies. But, the woman on the Window 5 only asked W-2, I-134 ( original stated and signed), and tax return. My point requirement of I-134 is all generic. If you are above property guideline, providing a bank statement is not really necessary.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Print your own statement online if you are worried about it and that's better than nothing. It really is not a good bank, my dad has them for his business but as it was said above if you are over the poverty line you most likely will not need that information.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Go to another branch to ask a different manager and show him a sample letter of what you want.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I doubt you will need an official bank letter for the I-134. If you meet the income requirement, then you will typically only need most recent tax return/transcript, letter from employer and/or recent pay stubs to prove current income. If your consulate provides what documentation they require for the affidavit of support, then supply those.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know what I would do, close my account and take it to another bank.

Yeah. I would close my account that day and go to a credit union.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

That's odd, I actually have mine in hand from Bank of America. They refer to this document as the "reference letter"?? Dont remember actual document name, but go to your branch and request with a customer service rep. They do these often and will even address to USCIS if requested. It took 4 days for it to arrive to me via regular mail. Explain what you are using this document for. Try again as this is required of you for your interview. If you have no luck, I will call my bank and ask for the document name and number for you

Good Luck

TIME LINE

5/21/14 - MAILED I-129F PETITION (L)

5/22/14 - USCIS RCVD PETITION :)

5/27/14 - NOA1 :)

8/11/14 - TRANSFERRED TO CSC?? :unsure:

9/16/14 - NOA2 EMAIL!!! :dancing:

9/22/14 - NOA2 HARD COPY!! :)

10/6/14 - NVC RECEIVED APPROVED PETITION, CASE NUMBER PROVIDED.

10/8/14 - CEAC STATUS "READY"

10/9/14 - PACKAGE LEFT NVC TO DR CONSULATE! :dancing:

10/14/14 - CONSULATE RECEIVED :yes:

10/16/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

10/20/14 - GOT MY INTERVIEW FOR 12/15/14, CALLED CONSULATE IN DR :goofy:

10/21/14 - INTERVIEW DATE POSTED ON THE IV CURRENT APPOINTMENT LIST

10/24/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

11/03/14 - PACKET 4 RCVD

12/15/14 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!! :D

12/18/14 - CEAC STATUS - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING..........

12/19/14 - CEAC STATUS - ISSUED!

12/24/14 - VISA PICKED UP AT DOMEX

12/25/14 - ENTERED US /FORT LAUDERDALE POE

01/07/15 - SS RECVD

03/01/15 - MARRIED

04/09/15 - AOS PACKAGE SUBMITTED VIA FEDEX

04/14/15 - NOA RCVD

05/07/15 - BIOMETRICS COMPLETED

06/23/15 - EAD APPROVED

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You need to ask other VJers from your country what is acceptable at the interview. Some countries still ask for banking info, other accept the W-2's and tax transcript along with employer letter and paystubs.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

I had no problem getting the letter with required information from BoA. They mailed it to me within few days.

01/14/14 I -129F Petition sent
01/17/14 Petition received
01/22/14 NOA1 - TSC
06/23/14 Service Request created after congressional inquiry
07/03/14 Email from USCIS - our case is on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/04/14 No update from USCIS. Filed a case with CIS Ombudsman
08/05/14 Senators/Congresswoman cannot help with my case because security checks are pending
08/05/14 Another Service Request created by Tier 2 since no response from TSC.
08/18/14 Email from USCIS in response to second service request - still on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/21/14 NOA2 (finally after 7 months)

08/25/14 Email from USCIS - approved case shipped to NVC on 8/22/14

09/02/14 Case received by NVC

09/04/14 Case # assigned by NVC

09/05/14 In transit to the Embassy

09/09/14 Case received by Tbilisi Embassy - ready for interview

09/17/14 Interview!!! - APPROVED!!!!
09/24/14 POE :D

10/31/14 Married :devil:

11/05/14 Filed for Adjustment of Status

11/13/14 NOA1

12/04/14 Biometrics

01/21/15 AP/EAD approved

01/26/15 Card mailed

01/29/15 Combo card arrived in the mail

02/25/15 Notice of Potential Interview Waiver received in the mail

07/09/15 Green Card approved on USCIS site

07/13/15 Notice received in the mail

If you want the letter to be safe, go back to BofA and request the reference letter. If they refuse, I would inform them they just lost me as a customer and withdrawal all my money and close my account(s) with them. It is a simple thing to do and YOU are the customer. I also was well over the poverty guide lines but the Consulate in Almaty still wanted a reference letter from my bank--I did not list the amount on the I-134, just gave them the letter. What does the packet state from your Embassy/Consulate?

Good luck,

Dave

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.