2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Our wavier was approved on 11/15/19. We filed on 9/17/18. We had to to go back to the consulate in Ciudad Juarez on Oct. 24 to answer some questions. Now we're just waiting for the consulate to contact us with instructions. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
10 minutes ago, MarloMX said:

Our wavier was approved on 11/15/19. We filed on 9/17/18. We had to to go back to the consulate in Ciudad Juarez on Oct. 24 to answer some questions. Now we're just waiting for the consulate to contact us with instructions. 

congratulations.its fast😄

Timeline
6 hours ago, Kaydada said:

Did consulate contact you yet?

yes! we just got the letter yesterday. Looks like we're in the final stretch. Just have to send them the passport, medical exam and police clearance certificate. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

follow up question -- we have sent the requested documents via DHL to the Ciudad Juarez consulate. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes for them to send the passport back? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I’m hoping someone can provide some needed guidance. I recently became a US citizen and I am now wanting to start the process for my wife to hopefully become a permanent resident. She entered the country without inspection so I understand that the first part of the process is to submit form I-130, from looking at the form, on question 62a it says: The beneficiary will not apply for adjustment of status in the United States, but he or she will apply for an immigrant visa abroad at the US embassy or US consulate in:, from my understanding, this is the option that we need to select as she is not eligible to adjust in the US, is this correct? And if so can one only choose the Juarez embassy. I understand that this forum is for adjustments but I figured that most of you have already been through our current situation. We appreciate any advice that anyone can give us. Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Correct

Presumably she would have a ban and need a I 601a, any other issues?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Correct

Presumably she would have a ban and need a I 601a, any other issues?

So we should select question 62a and indicate the Juarez embassy is what you’re saying? And yes I-601a would follow. Thank you for your prompt reply 

Timeline

I am not familiar with the numbers are but yes to Consular Processing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 12:17 PM, oztousa said:

Wow that’s a long wait! My husband is here in the states with me and we’ve filed a 601 along with his AOS back in April of this year. I guess we should buckle in for another 2 and a half years of waiting...

I have also applied in April 2019 and case is now outside of processing times ...any updates on you case ...I haven’t heard anything yet

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 1/16/2020 at 8:17 PM, Longwait22 said:

I have also applied in April 2019 and case is now outside of processing times ...any updates on you case ...I haven’t heard anything yet

Nothing yet. Technically we can now file a case inquiry online but I spoke to an immigration attorney (my boss) and was advised not to bother because my husband is here and we are waiting on an adjustment interview so likely our waiver application won’t be adjudicated until we’ve had our interview.

Married since 3/10/2017

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131

04/12/2019: Mailed package via USPS 

04/15/2019: Priority Date/Package received

04/22/2019: Text Message and Checks cashed

04/26/2019: NOA1 hard copy

05/03/2019: Biometrics Letter

05/06/2019: Recieved RFE (forgot co-sponsors proof of citizenship on I-864)

05/07/2019: Sent Response to RFE

05/13/2019: Response to RFE received by USCIS

05/14/2019: Biometrics completed

05/23/2019: I-693 courtesy letter

06/06/2019: Requested EAD Expedite

06/11/2019: Faxed Proof of Financial Loss to USCIS

07/29/2019: Case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview”

02/12/2029: Case status updated to show interview was scheduled

03/19/2020: Interview date

On 1/22/2020 at 1:50 PM, oztousa said:

Nothing yet. Technically we can now file a case inquiry online but I spoke to an immigration attorney (my boss) and was advised not to bother because my husband is here and we are waiting on an adjustment interview so likely our waiver application won’t be adjudicated until we’ve had our interview.

Thanks And all the best for the interview  for me I already had my interview on 9th feb 2019 and received notice in mar to file for 601 waiver which we did in April 19 ..since then no news when inquired online response received was pending decision don’t what exactly it means whether app already reviewed and pending decision or yet to be reviewed...kindly let me know if u hear anything back

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I was denied K1 visa because of a previous marriage lie on a tourist visa some years ago. The co gave me a letter that’s stated we should present more evidence  and/or refute the officers findings. I am married to my husband now and we want to file for the IR1 Visa. Can we file for a waiver while we file for the spousal visa too? Considering the long wait for waivers to get approved? 

Timeline

Misrep Waiver would arise after the immigrant interview.

2 minutes ago, Bte said:

Hello, 

I was denied K1 visa because of a previous marriage lie on a tourist visa some years ago. The co gave me a letter that’s stated we should present more evidence  and/or refute the officers findings. I am married to my husband now and we want to file for the IR1 Visa. Can we file for a waiver while we file for the spousal visa too? Considering the long wait for waivers to get approved? 

No. The waiver for misrepresentation (I-601) can only be filed after being otherwise eligible for the visa and being determined to be inadmissible with a waiver being available.

That's assuming misrep is the only issue...if they require evidence of the prior marriage being dissolved, that would be a different issue. That is eligibility for the visa, not an inadmissibility, and cannot be waived.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.