2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 2/26/2020 at 4:34 PM, Bte said:

Can’t a waiver be filled concurrently with the I 130? To save time after the interview? 

Not sure about your specific situation but yes, they can be filed concurrently. My husband was denied at consulate interview in Sydney for K1 due to CIMT. Fast forward almost 3 years, we are married now, filed I-130, I-485, and I-601 concurrently last April and our interview is scheduled later this month. We filed the I-601 based on his denial back in 2017 and they told him at that interview that he was eligible to apply for the waiver. Attorney also confirmed it could be filed concurrently on our totally different applications. 

Married since 3/10/2017

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131

04/12/2019: Mailed package via USPS 

04/15/2019: Priority Date/Package received

04/22/2019: Text Message and Checks cashed

04/26/2019: NOA1 hard copy

05/03/2019: Biometrics Letter

05/06/2019: Recieved RFE (forgot co-sponsors proof of citizenship on I-864)

05/07/2019: Sent Response to RFE

05/13/2019: Response to RFE received by USCIS

05/14/2019: Biometrics completed

05/23/2019: I-693 courtesy letter

06/06/2019: Requested EAD Expedite

06/11/2019: Faxed Proof of Financial Loss to USCIS

07/29/2019: Case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview”

02/12/2029: Case status updated to show interview was scheduled

03/19/2020: Interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
5 minutes ago, oztousa said:

Not sure about your specific situation but yes, they can be filed concurrently. My husband was denied at consulate interview in Sydney for K1 due to CIMT. Fast forward almost 3 years, we are married now, filed I-130, I-485, and I-601 concurrently last April and our interview is scheduled later this month. We filed the I-601 based on his denial back in 2017 and they told him at that interview that he was eligible to apply for the waiver. Attorney also confirmed it could be filed concurrently on our totally different applications. 

According to your timeline he is in the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/5/2020 at 4:06 PM, geowrian said:

I'd concur with the CR-1 suggestion. An I-129F will sit to die if returned. A returned I-130 can be reaffirmed.

Well, I am thinking since we were denied solely due to 'fake divorce papers' which meant I wasn't legally free to marry the petitioner and the divorce has been properly taken care of, would it not make sense to redo the K1 for quicker processing time since I am not legally free to marry? 

I am just trying to objectively reason with my partner's argument. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

According to your timeline he is in the US.

Yes. After a failed K1 and a withdrawn CR1 he finally was approved for a visitor visa and we applied from the US. Concurrently with the I-601

Married since 3/10/2017

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131

04/12/2019: Mailed package via USPS 

04/15/2019: Priority Date/Package received

04/22/2019: Text Message and Checks cashed

04/26/2019: NOA1 hard copy

05/03/2019: Biometrics Letter

05/06/2019: Recieved RFE (forgot co-sponsors proof of citizenship on I-864)

05/07/2019: Sent Response to RFE

05/13/2019: Response to RFE received by USCIS

05/14/2019: Biometrics completed

05/23/2019: I-693 courtesy letter

06/06/2019: Requested EAD Expedite

06/11/2019: Faxed Proof of Financial Loss to USCIS

07/29/2019: Case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview”

02/12/2029: Case status updated to show interview was scheduled

03/19/2020: Interview date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Oko Vicki said:

Well, I am thinking since we were denied solely due to 'fake divorce papers' which meant I wasn't legally free to marry the petitioner and the divorce has been properly taken care of, would it not make sense to redo the K1 for quicker processing time since I am not legally free to marry? 

I am just trying to objectively reason with my partner's argument. 

Now**

Timeline

You can go either way, I think most would choose CR1 but a K1 is possible.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

4 hours ago, oztousa said:

Our attorney also told us we could file concurrently, since we know what the misrepresentation will be about. Because we know why I was denied the K1. 

On 2/10/2020 at 8:57 AM, Nsaqer said:

Any one have any input regarding this, anyone experience this or something similar or onow someone who has?

I 601 waiver submitted 6/15/17 (CIMT) 

RFE request 10/13/18

RFE submitted 12/18/18

I 601 waiver denied 1/29/19

Appeal sent 4/3/19

Appeal remanded and sent back for new decision Nov 21

Request for expedite sent 1/15/20

Request for expedite denied 1/16/20

Request for expedite approved 1/30/20

How likely do you think that they will approve our waiver?

Wow you've been waiting since 2017 may i know what was your grounds of inadmissibility?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

did anyone filed your i601 by yoursefl? or you all had a lawyer do it?

i had an interview in may 2019, got an evidence request for i601 in august. i tried to find a lawyer to do it but non of them wanted to take my case so i had to did it myself and sent it in sep 2019

my receive date is 09/2019 and still havent heard anything yet

Timeline

Begs the question why no lawyer wished to take on your case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 11:44 PM, SlowChicken said:

Hello Everyone! It's been a little quiet here (been lurking for a while now) and I was just wondering if anyone has had any response recently from USCIS on their 601 waivers? If so, what was your receipt date?

Hello

I filed on Nov 12 and got approval on April 28. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.