2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Most properly prepared waivers, yes, obviously you never really know how well they are done. There is a lawyer who last time I looked offered a money back guarantee, as you can imagine no lawyer will do that if there is much of a risk that they pay out.

I seem to remember the approval rates were near 90% and that includes those written on the back of a cigarette packet.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Maybe prepared it before the interview in expectation, which makes sense.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 3/3/2020 at 5:36 PM, odie85 said:

So based on my research and reading on these forms, it seems that waivers are almost impossible now. They take almost a year and then another long wait for another interview. Is it worth it? Even with a good lawyer? Life has already been on hold for most people for years. The anxiety and worry cause major problems for beneficiary and applicant which is what you're trying to prove will happen if you don't get the Visa. Isn't that just insanity? 

What do you mean by another interview? You have to receive another interview after the approved I-601 I thought.

• 4 months later...
Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/4/2022 at 7:18 PM, UiiiU said:

Is anyone waiting for instructions from the Montreal Embassy after approved waiver?

They said they were working on my case and will send instructions soon but it's been over a month now and haven't heard anything yet 😕

My 601 waiver was approved on April 26, 2022 so it’s been 12 days and the CEAC case status has not yet been updated and no instructions received from Montreal.  How long does it normally take to hear from the consulate about next steps? Should I email them or send an inquiry form to make sure they got it? 

Edited by Bog-can
Spelling

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/4/2022 at 7:18 PM, UiiiU said:

Is anyone waiting for instructions from the Montreal Embassy after approved waiver?

They said they were working on my case and will send instructions soon but it's been over a month now and haven't heard anything yet 😕

@UiiiU how long did you have to wait for instructions from Montreal?  How did it work out for your visa? 

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/1/2021 at 6:08 PM, AngelR11111 said:

Hello ANR2009 I am in the same situation I was denied for the same thing and to get a wavier 

My I-601 wavier was approved on September 16th 2021

i want to ask how did the embassy request  the passport was it by email or mail out a letter 

Did you later hear anything from the consulate?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/9/2022 at 8:19 PM, Bog-can said:

My 601 waiver was approved on April 26, 2022 so it’s been 12 days and the CEAC case status has not yet been updated and no instructions received from Montreal.  How long does it normally take to hear from the consulate about next steps? Should I email them or send an inquiry form to make sure they got it? 

Have you heard anything from the embassy yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.