2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Chito, I would definitely recommend getting a reputable lawyer for help with a waiver. Be careful though, there are definitely shoddy lawyers out there. Don't trust Avvo. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello guys, please can someone tell me how you got your doctors to write a medical report for you as evidence for hardship. We are having a hard time getting my husbands doctors to write a meaningful letters. Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/3/2019 at 9:47 PM, MarloMX said:

Chito, I would definitely recommend getting a reputable lawyer for help with a waiver. Be careful though, there are definitely shoddy lawyers out there. Don't trust Avvo. 

Hi, we have decided to file the petition ourself. Our case is pretty straight forward cause it was all a mix up which was confirmed In court. However we are having difficulties getting the doctors to write a medical report. They seem scared to get there signatures on anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We have had a rather unusual update on our I-601 waiver, which we filed on 9/17/2018

The USCIS status is still showing "case received" and that has not changed or updated for about a year. However, we got a notice from the Ciudad Juarez consulate calling us in for a second interview. It says my wife was inadmissable because of "incomplete documentation" and says we can show up whenever without an appointment. 

We're not sure why we're hearing from the consulate before we hear anything from USCIS. But it seems to be good news, since I don't think they'd summon us for a rejection. 

1 hour ago, MarloMX said:

We have had a rather unusual update on our I-601 waiver, which we filed on 9/17/2018

The USCIS status is still showing "case received" and that has not changed or updated for about a year. However, we got a notice from the Ciudad Juarez consulate calling us in for a second interview. It says my wife was inadmissable because of "incomplete documentation" and says we can show up whenever without an appointment. 

We're not sure why we're hearing from the consulate before we hear anything from USCIS. But it seems to be good news, since I don't think they'd summon us for a rejection. 

Did consular call or email ? Did USCIS reply back with your outside processing time inquiry?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kaydada said:

Did consular call or email ? Did USCIS reply back with your outside processing time inquiry?

They sent a letter to our former lawyer, who forwarded it to us. (we have a different lawyer now who did register with the consulate so that's weird as well) 

The notice from the consulate is dated 9/17/19. It has our old processing number from our previous visa procedure (in which we were deemed inadmissible) and the document makes no reference to the waiver or our USCIS processing number. 

USCIS did respond to our outside processing time inquiry on the same day, saying that our case was in line to be reviewed and we should wait 30 to 60 days. The USCIS website still just says "my case was received." 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
13 hours ago, MarloMX said:

its good sign.I heard some one didn.t get waiver notice ,but the consulate called her and visa approved

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 2:59 AM, MarloMX said:

They sent a letter to our former lawyer, who forwarded it to us. (we have a different lawyer now who did register with the consulate so that's weird as well) 

The notice from the consulate is dated 9/17/19. It has our old processing number from our previous visa procedure (in which we were deemed inadmissible) and the document makes no reference to the waiver or our USCIS processing number. 

USCIS did respond to our outside processing time inquiry on the same day, saying that our case was in line to be reviewed and we should wait 30 to 60 days. The USCIS website still just says "my case was received." 

Did you have to re-submit the IV application since it been over a year.cos mine now giving me the option to edit and submit..

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Mali
Timeline
12 hours ago, Kaydada said:

Did you have to re-submit the IV application since it been over a year.cos mine now giving me the option to edit and submit..

Hey guys. Has someone seen anything like this? 
Waiver approved since September 10., 4 updates on CEAC but no instructions letter.  
Any idea? What should I do?
US Embassy in Paris, France.
Thank you for any answer.

Edited by noonelikeyou

Timeline
19 hours ago, Kaydada said:

I don't think so, no. They're just saying we should show up at the consulate with passport. (we're doing a new medical exam since that's over a year old). But they're still using our old processing number. 

29 minutes ago, MarloMX said:

I don't think so, no. They're just saying we should show up at the consulate with passport. (we're doing a new medical exam since that's over a year old). But they're still using our old processing number. 

Ok.on the ceac site..it won’t allow to edit application before but now since it’s over a year it say the IV is reopened and give me option to edit and submit again.it still shows the fee for IV is paid so I don’t have to pay again..am not sure if I should wait on response from USCIS then consular before I submit IV ...cos if I re-submit now will it schedule me for an interview with consular?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kaydada said:

Ok.on the ceac site..it won’t allow to edit application before but now since it’s over a year it say the IV is reopened and give me option to edit and submit again.it still shows the fee for IV is paid so I don’t have to pay again..am not sure if I should wait on response from USCIS then consular before I submit IV ...cos if I re-submit now will it schedule me for an interview with consular?

I'm not sure in your case. Do you have a lawyer you can ask? I'd definitely recommend getting professional advice. You could also call the visa center hotline to ask. 

Timeline

We had a Mexico-specific number that we've used, but think this website has the number too: 
https://www.upcounsel.com/national-visa-center-case-status

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.