2,664 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Well they are not reevaluated, just left to expire, but it does sound like no misrep finding was made. They did not need to.

I know it’s just left to expire. They didn’t give me any misrep form/ letter. The only letter I was given was to provide more evidence and/or refute the officers findings. We just want to make sure we take care of all the red flags before the interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You are a bit of a VJ guinea pig , something that has been discussed but to my knowledge we have not had somebody tell us how this went and what is the best method of dealing with this.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Nothing to post a link to.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So based on my research and reading on these forms, it seems that waivers are almost impossible now. They take almost a year and then another long wait for another interview. Is it worth it? Even with a good lawyer? Life has already been on hold for most people for years. The anxiety and worry cause major problems for beneficiary and applicant which is what you're trying to prove will happen if you don't get the Visa. Isn't that just insanity? 

Timeline

Pretty much the same as it has always been, most waivers are approved, depends if you want to move to the US if it is worth it. Certainly a factor that could tip the balance in deciding who is the one to move, can see that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Pretty much the same as it has always been, most waivers are approved, depends if you want to move to the US if it is worth it. Certainly a factor that could tip the balance in deciding who is the one to move, can see that.

Most waivers get approved? 

Timeline

Yes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/8/2020 at 11:31 PM, Oko Vicki said:

I am in almost the same situation as @Bte, my ex-wife gave me fake divorce papers (this was submitted in court as exhibit in new divorce case) in January 2018 which silly me did not verify, filed for K1 in November, interviewed in June 2019 and denied in October after AP. It was consulate's response to my USC partner's Senator office's enquiry that made me know my divorce certificate was counterfeit. 

I involved family lawyer, lawyer initiated a divorce process October 2019 (final judgment is slated for February 24, 2020), we plan to wed after that and file I130.

Is it possible to escape a waiver or is a waiver a must after being approved for a visa? We just want to know what to expect. Thank you.

Hi guys, divorce judgment is passed and I am now legally free to marry. 

Looking at the IR1/CR1 processing time, my partner wants us to go again for K1 since it is quicker, is this advisable since we have been denied once?

Have there been people who reapplied for K1 and got approved?

I'm in sixes and sevens over this, please advise.

@Boiler @geowrian

Timeline

CR1 may be slightly longer but much safer.

Timeline

Much more likely to be successful in the long run. K1's can easily be returned to die and another year is lost.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

K1 has limits on reviewability and you have to file AOS / AP-EAD to be able to work.  Only in rare cases like mine does it make sense.  (  I work for a company that has issues if you have a spouse residing in a foreign country )

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Much more likely to be successful in the long run. K1's can easily be returned to die and another year is lost.

Thanks for explaining. I guess it's CR1 then.

10 minutes ago, NigeriaorBust said:

K1 has limits on reviewability and you have to file AOS / AP-EAD to be able to work.  Only in rare cases like mine does it make sense.  (  I work for a company that has issues if you have a spouse residing in a foreign country )

Yeah. But I dread that long processing time. Geez!!! 

Thanks for your responses guys.

I'd concur with the CR-1 suggestion. An I-129F will sit to die if returned. A returned I-130 can be reaffirmed.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.