HeLiedToMe

He Says He Never Loved Me - Is It Fraud?

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***One inappropriate and non constructive post removed; either post constructively or don't post. Thread bans will follow for anymore non constructive posts.***

**Moderator hat off**

OP, an alternative to contacting ICE would be to make an INFOPASS at the local USCIS office and requesting to speak to the FDNS (Fraud Detection and National Security Directorate) officer. State your case to them, there is no guarantee anything would come of it though.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Don't do anything (relationship wise) that you can regret... If you will tell this other girl you could receive an answer you didn't expect. He could either tell her lies about you or just not to mention you, it could be even that she knows about the whole situation and just doesn't care. But finally is that something that will help you in any way??? If you will tell her about you, how he will react? I fear that he could be violent if he find you home when he finds out.

Also, don't threat him because it could be against you and you would leave him weapons against you. Take all your tproof and leave it somewhere secure until you decide what to do. Don't act without thinking consequences. Remember, he never loved you, why would you let yourself feel anything for him???

Calm down, and think deeply

I love you Charles forever!!

! dveMm6.png

N-400 Waiting to be schedule for Oath Ceremony 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

you were scammed big time,despite he is not a good scammer ,he had flags all over him from day one . It does not matter if he loved you or not.Focus in what he showed you so far ,not in what he said.I suggest you seek some counseling,because being scammed is not your fault ,but remaining in a poor relationship for so long was your choice .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I have to agree with Harpa Timsah, it sounds like fraud.

Do whatever you have to do regarding a report to ICE on the fraud. Whatever it takes to make you feel better. You should focus on yourself and getting away from this person.

event.png

20 Aug 2012: Got engaged! (L)

K-1 VISA

28 Jan 2013: K-1 sent

07 Feb 2013: NOA1

04 Jun 2013: NOA2

?? Jun 2013: NVC Received

20 Jun 2013: Consulate Received

?? ??? 2013: Packet 3 Requested in CDJ (Never received!)

03 Oct 2013: Interview- Requested Petitioner's presence :(

30 Oct 2013: 2nd interview- Eligible for I-601 waiver

20 Nov 2013: I-601 waiver sent

?? Apr 2014: RFE

21 Jul 2014: RFE mailed

29 Jul 2014: K-1 approved :dancing:

08 Aug 2014: 2nd med required

25 Aug 2014: CEAC status- ISSUED

28 Aug 2014: Visa arrives @ DHL

02 Sep 2014: Visa in hand

03 Sep 2014: POE- LAX

05 Sep 2014: Married! :wub:

AOS

28 Oct 2014: I-485, I-131, I-765 sent

04 Nov 2014: Case #'s for I-485, I-131, I-765 assigned

07 Nov 2014: NOA 1 arrive for I-485, I-131, I-765

12 Nov 2014: Letter for biometrics appointment arrived

25 Nov 2014: Biometrics appointment

26 Jan 2015: I-131 approved; I-765 sent to be produced

29 Jan 2015: Card mailed out

30 Jan 2015: Combo card received! :dancing:

20 Feb 2015: DMV- Written test passed! Temporary License issued (Had MXN Lic.) :)

25 Feb 2015: USCIS Letter- Possible Interview Waiver!

12 Mar 2015: CA License obtained (Passed Behind-the-wheel test) :dancing:

06 Aug 2015: GC approved! :dancing: (Welcome to U.S. letter received 8/10)

19 Aug 2015: GC received in mail (2 year Conditional Residence)

Mzcjm7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I vote fraud. No romantic relationship with you, carrying on with someone else the whole time. His lies are pretty poor, I hope you don't believe the "I am helping a sick woman" line again. And the "snooping reminds me of my home abuse and gives me panic attacks" stuff. Yeah.

As far as ICE, you can make your report to them, there is a thread in this forum on how to do it. But I am not sure you have that much evidence. Cheating by itself doesn't always mean fraud. But I would report it to clear your conscience and then move on.

Sorry for your losses. Good luck.

I agree. Fraud. Yes you should report to ICE and to FDNS. There are many intricacies to this process of reporting fraud. I see he already has a green card but there are many other items to discuss. Please PM me if you want further assistance as I've been down this icy slippery rocky road that is full of potholes covered in broken glass and crossed by snakes an other dangerous beings.

Another broken hearted USC victimized by a marauding foreigner (obviously many other unknown details but verysadguy empathizes with a versadwoman). I wish USCIS would step up its warning, monitoring, and expulsion of these fraudsters.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I'm also very sorry this happened to you! He sounds like an utter jerk and you should get him out of your life. Just be careful how you do it...

Also, I'm curious, if this other woman he was seeing is also a USC, then he could have just married HER to get his greencard and not put you through this horror. In that case, I don't think it's fraud, just a horrible "human" being. If she's not though, then yeah... report his #######!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

You can report it, but you shouldn't do so with the belief anything will come of it. Love isn't a requirement for a marriage in the United States.

What you need to do is figure out what you're going to do for yourself. If you decide to divorce him, then that's what you need to do, and then you need to wash your hands and walk away. Too many people spend too much time fantasizing about, or even trying for, revenge against their partner, especially if they feel like they were cheated. As others have said, though, that can backfire and end up supporting the immigrant more than you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you everyone. Since so many other people think it is fraud too, I'm really thinking it is.

True, he said he wants to "go back home". But I'm not sure I consider that evidence of it NOT being fraud... Because 1, he could be lying about going home, I was thinking that. He could leave me and then keep on seeing the other woman.

The reason I still think its fraud (even though he doesn't seem to mind that he would lose the green card by leaving me) is because he was here on an F-1 visa, with a work permit... And he seemed soooo obsessed with the idea that a green card would make it easier for him to get a better job here... He talked about it soooooo much!

But after he got it, and he started filing out tons of job applications and going to lots of interviews and having no luck... THAT'S when he started pulling away from me, and really acting like he no longer wanted anything to do with me. Its like he was nice to me while he thought it was going to get him better jobs... And when he realized that it would not... Me and the marriage suddenly meant nothing to him anymore.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

In legal terms it would be classified as circumstantial.

Divorce and move on.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sorry this happened to you.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

You have been [really] patient enough for the past months. I don't have that strength to withstand hurtful words and would leave in an instant. You are the US citizen and should have the upper hand. I know you'd been through a lot with the loss of your parents, but do stay strong. I'm sure they don't want you to be in a negative situation like this.

Your husband most likely thinks you're depending on him big time. And that's why he continues to say and do hurtful things. Take care of yourself and don't allow anybody to control your mindset. I know it's easier said than done, but just think if you have a friend who is in this kind of situation, what will you advise her?

Take your lessons from this and move forward. I would also report him to USCIS if I were you. Connect with your friends from your state and ask for help. I'm sure your friends and other relatives can give you support should you need to start from scratch. (F)

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

He doesn't seen to mind that he would lose the green card because probably HE WILL NOT.You should report him,but the chance he won't be able to renew his GC is very small.If he has documents showing commingling finances then probably he will renew his GC without any problem.

We have one guy here in the Visa journey he posted about his story,and I know him.He got married to an US Citizen, came to the US with CR1 visa, lived together 3 months and got divorced. In his interview the adjudicator asked him "did you know your ex wife reported you to the USCIS?", he answered " I am not surprised", well he got his GC,even went to visit his home Country a few weeks ago.He had proof of commingling finances,it was enough to renew his GC, that being said, do not expect that he will be removed from the US.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

He doesn't seen to mind that he would lose the green card because probably HE WILL NOT.You should report him,but the chance he won't be able to renew his GC is very small.If he has documents showing commingling finances then probably he will renew his GC without any problem.

This is something else that the USCIS has disregarded completely. They should enforce the 2-year rule. If you're not married by time of ROC you need to pack and get back home. The 2-year rule was created to stop people from resorting to these sort of marriages, but they are so lax that virtually no one gets denied.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

This is something else that the USCIS has disregarded completely. They should enforce the 2-year rule. If you're not married by time of ROC you need to pack and get back home. The 2-year rule was created to stop people from resorting to these sort of marriages, but they are so lax that virtually no one gets denied.

So you need to serve 2 years of servitude to get your GC?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

he been with her since before yall got married..he is still with her.. he doesn't look like he is leaving her....why didnt he just marry her get his GC and stay in a relationship he clearly wants to be in? unless she is in no position to get him a GC then im confused why he is not just with her.

USCIS : 7 months
Marriage : March 21, 2014
I-130 Sent : April 18, 2014
I-130 NOA1 : April 22, 2014
I-130 Approved: November 14, 2014 
after two service request

NVC6 months
Received : December 1, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : January 1, 2015
Pay AOS Bill : January 9, 2015
Submit DS-261 : January 7, 2015
Receive IV Bill : January 15, 2015 
called after AOS showed paid, they released it overnight)
Pay IV Bill : January 23, 2015
Send IV and AOS: January 29, 2015
Scan date: February 3, 2015
Checklist: March 19, 2015
 (only need to send south Africa police report)
Case Complete: June 3, 2015 

EMBASSY: 10 months
Interview appointment letter : December 4, 2015
Interview Date : January 21, 2016 
medical wasn't complete
Second interview date: April 4th 2016
Interview Result :APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
US Entry :4/29/2016 
Social Security : 5/10/2016 (filed from the actual office)
State ID: 5/14/2016
Started working!!: 5/25/2016
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)
Green card in hand: 7/5/2016 10 year green card we done!! 

1st king born: 6/30/2016

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.