3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 6/23/2020 at 4:55 AM, zaback21 said:

If I am not mistaken, it seems the green card from overseas has been banned for the rest of the year till Dec 2020 except for US citizen spouse and children and maybe some other categories. Only people in USA on adjustment of status or other means are eligible to receive green card which is the good news. 

The reason it's a good news is because if green card was totally banned, 226,000 green card for family this year would have gone almost empty. Now at least it will fill up to a certain level and hence priority date will move but I don't believe anywhere near the 226k mark as most offices are closed due to COVID-19. 

Let's hope things get better next year. 

I was thinking... Will this slow down the process for people whose PD  will be current in the future?  Like dominoe effect... They are gonna have to catch up when this suspention is over.

F2B Category Journey👣
Priority Date ---- 4/4/2017
I-130 NOA1: 4/9/2017
Service Center: California Service Center
NOA2 approved: 11/4/2019
NVC log-in info recieved: 12/18/19

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, rominavairoletti said:

I was thinking... Will this slow down the process for people whose PD  will be current in the future?  Like dominoe effect... They are gonna have to catch up when this suspention is over.

I think there will be a serious bottleneck after the suspension is lifted. I wonder if the dates will even regress just to help relieve the backlog of people still waiting for a visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/13/2020 at 1:13 AM, Nicole06 said:

Hello! We’re on f2b visa, from the Philippines. We already completed all documents and fees. It is stated on the CEAC that all fees are paid and all documents are accepted but we received this message ( See attached file ). I would also like to know when are we gonna get the interview appointment and if this message affect the appointment of interview. We will submit a joint sponsor, but I would like to know if we would wait more longer if we submitted another sponsor? I really want to know how and when are we gonna receive a letter regarding the interview appointment. Thank you! 

p.s the case is still at NVC:)

28E8D252-FBFF-47CF-A4F3-351BBFAA4BDA.jpeg

Hi. I think waiting time once submitted the docs is like 30-60 days.  And another 30 days for the interview letter from usembassy.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
15 hours ago, SanMarcosF2B said:

I think there will be a serious bottleneck after the suspension is lifted. I wonder if the dates will even regress just to help relieve the backlog of people still waiting for a visa.

It will definitely have some movement. But I wonder how many will be approved this year anyway. October is almost here and I barely think anywhere close to 226k has been approved. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
17 hours ago, rominavairoletti said:

People in USA will get a jump now and then if the suspension is lifted, the next people will be stuck in a long PD becoming current delay. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kombo Jr said:

Hello guys,

I have a quick question about reading the visa Bulletin....when you are outside the US,which chart do you read?the first or second???

Hey! It´s the first one.

F2B Category Journey👣

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kombo Jr said:

Hello guys,

I have a quick question about reading the visa Bulletin....when you are outside the US,which chart do you read?the first or second???

Actually you have to check both charts. With chart B, you will know when you will receive your WL from NVC. Once you are DQ then you have to check the chart A, so you will know when you will probably receive your notification for an interview in your embassy. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mom and Son said:

Actually you have to check both charts. With chart B, you will know when you will receive your WL from NVC. Once you are DQ then you have to check the chart A, so you will know when you will probably receive your notification for an interview in your embassy. 

So when I’m current in Chart B I can call and ask for my welcome letter?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kombo Jr said:

So when I’m current in Chart B I can call and ask for my welcome letter?

Usually NVC send those WL before the following month. If you don't receive the letter during the month you are current,  then yes,  call them and ask. 

Real example: the PD of my son will be current on VB for July 2020. We received his WL on June 24, 2020.

Edited by Mom and Son

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mom and Son said:

Usually NVC send those WL before the following month. If you don't receive the letter during the month you are current, yes call them and ask. 

Real example: the PD of my son will be current on VB for July 2020. We received his WL on June 24, 2020.

Thank you 🙏

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Mom and Son said:

Wow I didn't know that. But there is a huge difference in dates between chart A and B (May 2015 and Feb. 2016).

If my PD is in April 2017 and on chart B is current that means I willl get my WL ?

Edited by rominavairoletti

F2B Category Journey👣

Timeline
12 minutes ago, rominavairoletti said:

Wow I didn't know that. But there is a huge difference in dates between chart A and B (May 2015 and Feb. 2016).

If my PD is in April 2017 and on chart B is current that means I willl get my WL ?

You will get your WL when your PD is current in chart B. NVC needs to collect fees, civil documents, affidavits, l-260 to leave your case ready for interview. Once your PD is current in the chart A, NVC will schedule your interview, and they will send them your paperwork to your embassy. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Mom and Son said:

You will get your WL when your PD is current in chart B. NVC needs to collect fees, civil documents, affidavits, l-260 to leave your case ready for interview. Once your PD is current in the chart A, NVC will schedule your interview, and they will send them your paperwork to your embassy. 

Good to know! Thank you !

F2B Category Journey👣

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.