glazierguy

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! IM SOOOOOO SAD!!!!!!!!

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"The intention to hide my past" !!!!!! wow here we go again.....I thought this was a supportive site? I try to help people here without passing judgement. To bad some others here are not like that.....I have one word for you......Karma

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think that keeping from your future spouse important facts such as these is a sign of lack of love an respect. It isn't the past that is the main issue, but the breach of trust.

By now the OP is very aware of what a grave error it was to not inform his fiancee of his background, especially prior to the interview. He's now seeking advice as to what to expect and what could possibly be done to bring about a positive outcome.

We get it -- this would be a deal breaker if it were your fiance(e), therefore, if you have nothing of value to offer the OP regarding his case, why keep poking, jabbing, and stirring the pot with less than helpful comments? Let his fiancee deal with the trust issues.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

"The intention to hide my past" !!!!!! wow here we go again.....I thought this was a supportive site? I try to help people here without passing judgement. To bad some others here are not like that.....I have one word for you......Karma

I understand that you are upset and mad for a mistake that can end in denial of the K-1 visa, but the truth of the matter about my post its that If you can't handle my honest opinion about this unconfortable situation that you fianceé went trough in her interview then, not much to do about it.

Regards.

event.png

Nov/28/2017 -- Mailed I- 751 ROC to USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.

Nov/30/2017 -- Package was delivered in USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.                                                                       

Dec/04/2017 --  Fee check cash out.  

Dec/07/2017 --  NOA 1 with December 01/2017 as the date.

Dec/23/2017 --  Biometrics letter dated December 15/2017 and appointment scheduled 01/02/2018 at 10 am. 

Jan/02/2018 --  Biometrics appointment at 10 am.      

Aug/11/2018 --  NOA 18 months extension letter dated Aug/06/2018   from Vermont Service Center.    

Feb/25/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Feb/27/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Jan/30/2019 -- Case Approved. New card is being produced (DHS- USCIS website & USCIS tracker)     

Feb/04/2019 --  Received  letter with Approval notice 1-797 (notice date Jan 30/2019).

Feb/05/2019 -- Green card in hand! 

By now the OP is very aware of what a grave error it was to not inform his fiancee of his background, especially prior to the interview.

Sure does not come across as such, seeing how he insists that it was "14 years ago" + all the defensive attitude. He is not owing it at all, but, then again, this is between him and his fiance.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok if everyone is able to read!!!!!! they can see by the posts....that iam a liar and a horrible human being.....and my fiancée should run as fast as she can......that being said...if there are no positive comments to help a fellow visa journey member then keep it to your self......ive never seen so many self righteous people.....to all the caring people that try and help thank you......im sure ill just keep getting negative posts from the same people that think their #### dosnt stink....oh well have at it....if you feel better bashing me, I hope it makes you feel better as a human being.....

Why not a heartfelt email to the embassy stating what you said in your original post about how you never thought past transgressions would be a factor and brought up. Maybe that you were waiting until your fiance was here and settled you would tell her or you just thought it ancient history.Couldn't hurt I guess.

I am sorry. I know you feel like pooh and just want you baby home. Don't give up hope. And just keep on looking up. It will work out. It's a delay only not a denial.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

thank you dwheels, after reading your post, its the best ive felt since hearing the bad news. I appreciate you words of encouragement. now I need to figure out how to delete this post because as you see the prior posts I continue to get nothing but negativity.....

Filed: Timeline

As the USC, you are still good despite your past record. You need 3 DUI or drug convictions or a crime of moral turpitude (e.g. rape) to knock you out of the box. That is not the issue. The issue is her lack of knowledge of your past life. That is causing the CO to question how well she knows you and/or whether she really did not know (forgivable) or is lying (non-forgivable). All you can do now is wait and see what happens.

The better choice would have been to come clean with her so when she is asked "Did you know he did blah blah blah", she can respond with "Yes I know. We talked about it and i am satisfied he is a better person and will not do such things now." But that is water under the bridge for you.

Incorrect...moral turpide affects the beneficiary being petitioned, not petitioner

A USC with convictions arrests etc MIST disclose these to intended mate

Only under Adam Wassh law a USC cannot petition someone & even

that have waiver option depending on what the USC was charged with

Timeline

I have composed a letter to the embassy, I know iam at their mercy, I have explained everything and let them know it was my poor judgement and not a matter of my fiancée lieing, since they have not outright denied her yet, should I wait for a denial, or send my letter before a denial occurs? thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

If it gets denied (or sent back with recommendation to revoke where they let it sit and expire) the. Your next course of action would be to find a way to marry and file CR1 ... You obviously managed to get over there at some point in the last 2 years, you will need to do some planning to go again... Good luck

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

You can call the embassy

For inquiries on a specific case, please call the Immigrant Visa (IV) Unit's inquiry line at (632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185 during normal business hours, except between 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m.

Wont hurt to try. Good luck.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

i realize how it may look to a consular, to late now. im looking for solutions. flying there and marrying her, are not an option, i have no one to watch my kids while im gone

You have had 3 DUIs and 1 drug charge. You are required under IMBRA to provide police reports and court records to show the disposition of those cases. I would start gathering those documents.

I was in a similar situation and received an RFE for it. Be prepared, at some point you may receive one or need to refile. I actually sent a fingerprint form to the FBI to receive my "rap" sheet so I could know for sure whether my cases were actual convictions or not. My RFE set us back 3 months or so. This all happened before her interview though so your case may be different.

Wish you guys the best of luck !

Wow! My question is how does this not come up in conversations with someone you intend to marry? Some people's relationship are an absolute mystery to me. I feel bad for her. Hope she gets over it!

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.